First oil change

Thread: First oil change

Default First oil change

So I got 4 quarts of Mobil 1 4T and a K&N filter and performed my first oil change, but I'm concerned because you're supposed to change it at 600 miles and I let it go to 606+
    Did I screw up my engine?
    Lol I'm kidding.....Game on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	190705_105951_COLLAGE-1_1562340827789.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	384672  
    Last edited by Luap; 07-06-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    2019 M109R B.O.S.S. red/black
    MODS: LED signals, Integrated tail light, Luap hole-saw mod, axle mounted plate, no beaver, carbon fiber look tank bra, dual air horn, black spiked grips, "bar end key" mod, drink holder :), more to come

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Luap View Post
    So I got 4 quarts of Mobil 1 4T and a K&N filter and performed my first oil change, but I'm concerned because you're supposed to change it at 600 miles and I let it go to 606+
    Did I screw up my engine?
    Lol I'm kidding.....Game on! 💪😁
    You didn’t use all 4 quarts did you? If you did, you will most likely be replacing your left air filter next. Over filling the Oil is the number one cause of oil puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    You didn’t use all 4 quarts did you? If you did, you will most likely be replacing your left air filter next. Over filling the Oil is the number one cause of oil puke.
    No it was actually about 3.75 using methods of checking learned here :)
    MODS: LED signals, Integrated tail light, Luap hole-saw mod, axle mounted plate, no beaver, carbon fiber look tank bra, dual air horn, black spiked grips, "bar end key" mod, drink holder :), more to come

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Never has been for me, my bike must be special. I've been putting in a full four quarts for 13 years. Only puked once after the dealer did the 600 mile, and it still had stock airboxes. You get rid of the high vacuum stock filters, which suck the oil out of the engine due to the placement of the oil breather hose behind the filter, puke stops. Even FuturR agrees with this.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

6 extra miles

I'd say you will have to do a complete rebuild, get Matt to do some upgraded cams etc while it's apart

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    6 extra miles

I'd say you will have to do a complete rebuild, get Matt to do some upgraded cams etc while it's apart
    Damn it, if only I had paid more attention. Now I will probably have to get new 12.5:1 pistons to go with those cams too