neutral light

Thread: neutral light

Default neutral light

hello all! neutral indicator light is not illuminating. any advice appreciated
    mods: Swampworks 310kit,Swampworks adjustable links,coastal moto mavericks,down under kit, polished rotors,chrome rear caliper,swing arm cover, drive shaft cover,cycle house extended mirror arms, basani pro street turn outs,pc III,gi pro atre,factory pro shift kit, ostrich covered seats,greggs side cover , plate bracket

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My first guess would be a blown bulb.

-Josh

Does it ever come on?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    Does it ever come on?
    no. doing some research it says to check gear position sensor. my gi pro isnt showing the gears either. i called healtech and they said suzuki is known for gps to get sludged up causing these problems. now to just find and clean the gps
    mods: Swampworks 310kit,Swampworks adjustable links,coastal moto mavericks,down under kit, polished rotors,chrome rear caliper,swing arm cover, drive shaft cover,cycle house extended mirror arms, basani pro street turn outs,pc III,gi pro atre,factory pro shift kit, ostrich covered seats,greggs side cover , plate bracket

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Unplug the TRE (GIpro) and just plug the factory connectors for the Gear Position Sensor back together.

You said in your PM to me that you had your ECU flashed. I always recommend making sure your GIpro is set in a way that TRE is disable if it has the TRE function as well as the gear indicator when using it with a tuned ECU.

But try putting the OEM connectors for the Gear Position Sensor back to stock (bypassing the GI Pro) and see if your neutral light will illuminate again.

Also check that your new battery is 100% charged......the 9 starts doing freaky stuff if the voltage is low.

BCS

I guess “just put it in neutral” is not the correct answer to this question.

LOL! NOWADAYS WE RELY ON A VISUAL FOR EVERYTHING. LIKE LOSING THE TV REMOTE BUT TOO LAZY TO GET UP AND CHANGE THE CHANNEL ON THE TV. LOL!
    I KNOW THAT ISNT VISUAL BUT I THINK YOU GET WHAT I MEAN.
    Last edited by wcm109; 1 Week Ago at 08:12 AM. Reason: ADD INFO

I was going to mention the battery too but only if it was intermittent or if it flickers. If it never comes on then that's probably not it.

Steve, mine does the same thing from time to time. But I'm too lazy to take it apart to clean the sensor. I don't have the GI pro. I have the other one Darrin sold. Forget the name of it. Mines not so much the neutral, but showing inconsistent gears.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Steve, mine does the same thing from time to time. But I'm too lazy to take it apart to clean the sensor. I don't have the GI pro. I have the other one Darrin sold. Forget the name of it. Mines not so much the neutral, but showing inconsistent gears.
    Big-B, you have the Track Day Electronics (TDE) TRE and Gear Indicator. I had them as well, before going to the ECU FLASH.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Big-B, you have the Track Day Electronics (TDE) TRE and Gear Indicator. I had them as well, before going to the ECU FLASH.
    Yes, Track day, that's it.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!