Trip to the NC mountains October 9-13, 2019

Thread: Trip to the NC mountains October 9-13, 2019

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Default Trip to the NC mountains October 9-13, 2019

As stated above, a few of us are going to be in the Boone, NC area for a bike rally that is being held in Maggie Valley, NC. We decided to stay in Boone, and just go down for 1 day of the rally. Our goal is to hit some of the roads that are closer to the northern edge of NC, Tenn, and even lower parts of VA. I am still all hyped from the MAM rally, and can hardly wait for our next trip. So, if you are interested, please post up and we will try to work out something. We decided to go with a cabin this time, and actually got a better rate than if we had gone with a hotel. Right now there are just 4-5 of us coming up from the Raleigh, NC area, but all are welcome. It would be nice seeing you guys again, and not having to wait until next years MAM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Are they having the Rally this year? It has been a while since I checked the site, but last time I checked, they said Matthews was not sponsoring it this year and they had decide to cancel it. We were just in Blowing Rock Memorial Day weekend (just south of Boone) I would be interested in coming down. Georgia would most likely want to come down also.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Are they having the Rally this year? It has been a while since I checked the site, but last time I checked, they said Matthews was not sponsoring it this year and they had decide to cancel it. We were just in Blowing Rock Memorial Day weekend (just south of Boone) I would be interested in coming down. Georgia would most likely want to come down also.
    They are having more of a gathering this year. There will be no scheduled rally and not any dinners or registration fee. But there will be a couple of vendors (from what I understand). More of just a gathering of people with similar bikes and interest. We only spend a couple of hours at the rally location, so that is why we decided to stay a little further north, and just take the nice leisurely ride down for 1 day, just to check out the vendors. Hope to see you guys there. We were looking at hotel rooms, but found it cheaper to just rent a cabin and split the cost. The cabin also makes it nicer, in the event that there is a rainy day and you just stay in and chill.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    They are having more of a gathering this year. There will be no scheduled rally and not any dinners or registration fee. But there will be a couple of vendors (from what I understand). More of just a gathering of people with similar bikes and interest. We only spend a couple of hours at the rally location, so that is why we decided to stay a little further north, and just take the nice leisurely ride down for 1 day, just to check out the vendors. Hope to see you guys there. We were looking at hotel rooms, but found it cheaper to just rent a cabin and split the cost. The cabin also makes it nicer, in the event that there is a rainy day and you just stay in and chill.
    Sounds like another mountain trip! This was a nice cabin in Pigeon Forge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5639.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	384620

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Sounds like another mountain trip! This was a nice cabin in Pigeon Forge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5639.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	384620
    Yep, That one is nice. I got it reserved for the week after Labor Day. Going there with the family. The one we have for October is very similar, but more secluded. It is located just outside of Boone, NC.

watch out where you pee. I'm sure no one will volunteer to suck out the venom.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    watch out where you pee. I'm sure no one will volunteer to suck out the venom.
    You got that right. Kinda like pulling teeth to get that type of attention now, after 25 years.
    We actually took a ride up to the area yesterday. We were even able to avoid all the rain and storms, except for about 5 of the 420 miles that we rode yesterday.