M109 Rider Forums banner

I Saw My First M109R2

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Sledge 
#1 ·
I was at an ATV/zero turn mower shop today. BTW I think they also sell motorcycles. That's where I saw my first live M109R2. It's a sweet looking bike from the back of the back tire to the front forks. But what in hell was Suzuki thinking?

#2 ·
I suppose it's a narcissistic thing, but I need to respond to my own thread. I was filling the tank on my 2013 M109R yesterday and a guy at the pumps just couldn't say enough nice things about the looks of my Nine. I guess he's a perfect candidate for becoming a Nine owner. The first time I laid eyes on the M109R, I knew I had to have one.

#5 ·
I still haven't seen a circumsized M109R. Not even at the local dealers, five miles away.

And yeah, pretty much every time I ride my 13 year old bike, someone compliments me or I get one or more :bigthumbsup:

First time I seen them, back in 06, really didn't do nothing for me. All the dealer had in the showroom were black ones and I didn't give them a second glance. Silver one, I'm taking that puppy home with me. :D

My 80 year old friend Sam, he isn't riding much anymore. Went from three bikes to one. Used to have an 08 Busa, the 08 B-King I now have, and still has a blurple Nine. If he decides to sell it, I'll have a second Nine soon. I'll leave it pretty much stock, to set off the differences between a stock one and one as modified as mine is.

#6 ·
I was riding my 08’ Crushed Chrome 9 home one night about a week ago, and I had to stop at WALMART to pick up a couple of things for my wife around 9:30pm. I parked in a parking space near the entrance/exit doors. When I came out, there were all sorts of people around my bike. In particular there was a mother and her 7 year old son who were having themselves a photo shoot with my bike.😂😂😂 When they saw me approaching, they looked a bit startled and riddled with anticipation that I was going to be mad at them. I quickly told them it was okay, insisted on them taking as many pictures as they wanted, and informed them that I was flattered that they were so fascinated by my bike. The mother said, “My God, that is the most amazing motorcycle I have ever seen in my entire life. I’m so sorry, but I just had to take some pics to show my family and friends.” I then said, “Well, let’s make this an even better moment.” I picked her son up, put him on the seat, straightened the handlebars, and scooted him up on the seat so he could reach the handlebars and take some pics as if he was actually riding the bike. His mother then took a ton of pics of him on the bike, as she was completely surprised by my response, and thanked me profusely for being so generous and understanding. As well, her son had a smile as big as the state of Texas, and it made me feel so blessed to have put so a huge smile on his face and down in his heart. I’m sure that encounter was something neither of them will soon forget!!!☺☺☺

#17 ·
I was riding my 08' Crushed Chrome 9 home one night about a week ago, and I had to stop at WALMART to pick up a couple of things for my wife around 9:30pm. I parked in a parking space near the entrance/exit doors. When I came out, there were all sorts of people around my bike. In particular there was a mother and her 7 year old son who were having themselves a photo shoot with my bike.😂😂😂 When they saw me approaching, they looked a bit startled and riddled with anticipation that I was going to be mad at them. I quickly told them it was okay, insisted on them taking as many pictures as they wanted, and informed them that I was flattered that they were so fascinated by my bike. The mother said, "My God, that is the most amazing motorcycle I have ever seen in my entire life. I'm so sorry, but I just had to take some pics to show my family and friends." I then said, "Well, let's make this an even better moment." I picked her son up, put him on the seat, straightened the handlebars, and scooted him up on the seat so he could reach the handlebars and take some pics as if he was actually riding the bike. His mother then took a ton of pics of him on the bike, as she was completely surprised by my response, and thanked me profusely for being so generous and understanding. As well, her son had a smile as big as the state of Texas, and it made me feel so blessed to have put so a huge smile on his face and down in his heart. I'm sure that encounter was something neither of them will soon forget!!!☺☺☺
Good Job, you made that young mans day. I would have done exactly what you did. This world would be a better place if we had more people like yourself.

#7 ·
God bless you JUDAH-9. I love to hear stories about people taking a few minutes to bring joy to other people. I've gotten to experience the people of Texas several times since my best friend moved there. Texas has some great people. Way to spread the love of Jesus brother.

#10 · (Edited)
Thank you Gary E. There's no better feeling in the world (for me) than helping to brighten someone else's day, or to give of myself with no expectations in return. Growing up, my late mother use to tell my siblings and I to "ALWAYS LEAVE PEOPLE BETTER THAN YOU FOUND THEM."

As well, you're absolutely right about Texas being filled with some great people. I absolutely love it here, and I've made some very good friends already. DRE319 and I and our wives have become very good friends in a short period of time. He and his wife are some of the nicest people we've ever met, and we love spending time with them.

By the way, what part of Kansas do you live in? I'm originally from Topeka, KS.

#11 ·
Thank you NSF. That certainly was a day/experience I'll never forget. That was an unfortunate response by that guy's wife, regarding the experience you had. I think some wives/girlfriends have such little knowledge of bikes, and are so afraid of them that they freak out over the notion of their husbands/boyfriends getting hurt on one...even if they are merely sitting on a bike that's not even running.

#9 · (Edited)
Judah I'm with you. We have the largest Urban lake and park in North America where I live so when cruising around the city bikes tend to congregate there. I get lots of foreigners that are visiting or newly immigrants that want to take pictures with them standing beside it or if they want to take one sitting on it I let them. They always gravitate to the 9 as all the Harleys look the same and mine stands out. I was also at a Walmart a month or so ago and older gal sitting in a truck waiting for her husband to come back says " I love Royal Blue, that's a great looking bike"

#13 ·
I am one of those people that really didn't like the looks of the M109 when I first saw it. At that time, there were a couple of scooters that had the same look from the front. In fact, that almost made me not purchase one. But here I am, 4 M109's later. As for the R2, I would actually consider one of those just to be different. The front of the M109 looks good, but to me the best views are of the bike from the rear and the sides. Just got to consider what M109 number 5 will look like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.