M109 Rider Forums banner

Power Pro Black Info

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bering_C_Sparky 
#1 · (Edited)
I know we have touched on this subject before but I had the opportunity to dyno a M109R with Velocity Pro exhaust and Power Pro Black yesterday.

Figured I would share a bit of the info with you guys in case anyone might be interested.

It seems that the PPB goes super rich on WOT no matter if you actually need the fuel or not.

The top photo (in green) is stock ECU, Velocity Pro and Power Pro Black.

The bottom photo (in red) is tuned ECU (with lots of fuel added compared to the stock map) Velocity Pro and Power Pro Black.

You can see that even with the added fuel of the tuned ECU the Power Pro still pulls the AFR way rich.

I did not have a lot of time yesterday so these results are only over the time period it takes to do a WOT run.

For sure you will not run lean during acceleration if you have a Power Pro on your bike (which is a good thing) but you will not be winning any 1/4 drag races either.

The Power Pro pulls the AFR so rich it really cuts into your HP. There was a 8 HP difference without the Power Pro installed.

Just a little FYI........more testing to follow later as time allows.

BCS

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
One more FYI moment.

I get guys ask me "Is it ok to run my bike with aftermarket exhaust and intakes for a little while until I can afford to get a fuel tuner or ECU tune".

The photo below is a M109R with Velocity Pro, Spike Intakes, Stock ECU and no Fuel Tuner.......so I would say "No don't run your bike with aftermarket exhaust and intakes with no fuel tuner or ECU tune" the AFR is a bit high to safely operate your bike.

I did not have time to install a set of stock intakes to test what the AFR would be with aftermarket exhaust and stock intakes, but I am going to bet the results will not be what most who say "its ok to run with aftermarket exhaust and no fuel tuner" will expect.
I will try this when I return from sea and post the results.

BCS

Attachments

#3 ·
What is the broken red line supposed to represent in all the graphs? At first I thought it was stoich, but then looked at the numbers on the side...the broken red line seems to be at 13.2 roughly...but stoich is 14.7.
It seems like the first set of graphs with the Power Pro and ECU tune have the bike running rich all the time...just varying degrees of rich...but you were doing WOT runs.

Agreed that in the last graph the bike did run lean without any tune or piggyback, but it wasn't crazy lean...but also agreed you don't want to leave it like that either.

#4 ·
13.1 - 13.2 is a common AFR set point target for tuning. So that dotted red line is a set point target reference.

Remember all these runs are WOT, so you would expect to see the AFR at 13.2 or lower throughout the entire run. (I shoot a little lower than that at WOT with the 9 and try to hit 12.8 - 12.6 at the higher RPMS of WOT.

So with this in mind you can see that the graph showing the AFR for no fuel tuner or ECU tune is actually running VERY lean.

What you cant see is that the stock map is actually pretty fuel rich in the top end compared to the rest of the low to mid range map. When running this same scenario in the low to mid range the bike was constantly lean 17 - 18 AFR. Not a good scenario and not recommended to run like this for sure.

BCS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.