Doesn't look very comfortable to me.

Thread: Doesn't look very comfortable to me.

Default Doesn't look very comfortable to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

LOL....yea I would not hit the front brake too hard on that, you might go right over the bars and get run over by your own bike.

I am looking forward to trying out an electric bike though.

Full torque in a fraction of a second and gone.......should be fun.

I am sure once these become the new norm we start finding ways to hop the electric bikes also to get a bit more out of them than the factory provides.

BCS

That's likely more just the show bike prototype. Just like the B-King and so many others, it'll be different in a lot of ways when it makes production. I would hope that BMW would be aware that riding position wouldn't go over well at all. There may be a few hard core bikers that like it, but 90% or more would just say F-ck no! Ouch my aching back!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

would be fun for a few blocks, Maybe a few blocks

I certainly hope these motorcycles powered by batteries don't have the problems Tesla's have. Sittin there in a parking lot or some place for service, and BOOM! Goes up in flames and burns to the ground. You don't put out lithium ion fires with H2O. Read somewhere that some fire dept's and EMT's won't respond to a Tesla fire. Once fires involved, they're burning to the ground.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

These people must not ride bikes.

The Verge: BMW’s new electric motorcycle concept is a fresh vision of the future.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/26/1...ision-roadster

My body hurts from just looking at the picture. That riding position has to be a living-nightmare for most...I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I certainly hope these motorcycles powered by batteries don't have the problems Tesla's have. Sittin there in a parking lot or some place for service, and BOOM! Goes up in flames and burns to the ground. You don't put out lithium ion fires with H2O. Read somewhere that some fire dept's and EMT's won't respond to a Tesla fire. Once fires involved, they're burning to the ground.
    CBXER55, I hope that’s not true about some fire departments and EMTs not responding to a Tesla fire. They are emergency entities with very serious missions and the ability to greatly impact situations and lives. Either of them refusing to respond would be like the police department refusing to respond to a shooting or a bank robbery. Responding to emergencies is the primary reason they exist, and I just can’t imagine either of them refusing to respond, especially to a parking lot location, or a service facility where many other people, vehicles, and buildings could be impacted. I would think/hope that every fire department in America would have the capacity to respond to any type of fire and subdue it...including lithium ion fires. You may be right about this whole thing Bro, but I hope not. Just the thought of it is disturbing.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    These people must not ride bikes.

The Verge: BMW’s new electric motorcycle concept is a fresh vision of the future.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/26/1...ision-roadster
    Looks wild but I agree one couldn't ride that thing for any length of time as in half hour in the city where you could stretch out when stopping at a light or Stop sign

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    CBXER55, I hope that’s not true about some fire departments and EMTs not responding to a Tesla fire. They are emergency entities with very serious missions and the ability to greatly impact situations and lives. Either of them refusing to respond would be like the police department refusing to respond to a shooting or a bank robbery. Responding to emergencies is the primary reason they exist, and I just can’t imagine either of them refusing to respond, especially to a parking lot location, or a service facility where many other people, vehicles, and buildings could be impacted. I would think/hope that every fire department in America would have the capacity to respond to any type of fire and subdue it...including lithium ion fires. You may be right about this whole thing Bro, but I hope not. Just the thought of it is disturbing.
    Something I read on another website. The guy who posted it is an EMT himself. So I don't know. Couldn't find it now if I wanted to, searching for stuff like that on Zero Hedge is difficult, if not impossible. The site itself, seems to have a hard-on for Tesla. Alwyas posting negative articles about the cars and the looney tunes owner.

https://www.zerohedge.com/
    Last edited by cbxer55; 23 Hours Ago at 12:48 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

They have been going thru training for awhile now due to EV's becoming more popular. It is not that they don't respond but more they get everyone safe and keep everyone back. In some cases I have read they just let it burn because it's hard to put out. Here an article explaining the issue.

https://jalopnik.com/fighting-an-ele...-da-1833540519

As far as electric bikes are concerned, I am not sure where I stand. I would probably love the instant power and acceleration. I am concerned about the lack of noise. I get run off the road enough now and that's with something that must sound like a herd of Buffalo running from a thunderstorm. Damn electric cars are extremely sneaky. One minute nothing and the next - where'd that come from.
    Last edited by UVATom; 06-28-2019 at 01:47 PM.

As far as electric bikes are concerned, I am not sure where I stand. I would probably love the instant power and acceleration. I am concerned about the lack of noise. I get run off the rode enough now and that's with something that must sound like a herd of Buffalo running from a thunderstorm. Damn electric cars are extremely sneaky. One minute nothing and the next - where'd that come from.
    I agree with you 100% Bro. As loud as my two 9s are, I occasionally have someone in an automobile pulling into my lane as though they couldn’t hear the loud rumble of the bikes. I don’t think I’d ever own an electric bike, because they would be too quiet.

Buffalo run from thunderstorms? Geeze, I never knew that!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Buffalo run from thunderstorms? Geeze, I never knew that! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/grin.gif[/IMG]
    Guess I was wrong. Not too many Buffalo in VA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buffalo-storm-1_1561742026843.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	384554  

As far as electric bikes are concerned, I am not sure where I stand. I would probably love the instant power and acceleration. I am concerned about the lack of noise. I get run off the rode enough now and that's with something that must sound like a herd of Buffalo running from a thunderstorm. Damn electric cars are extremely sneaky. One minute nothing and the next - where'd that come from.
    You'll have to do this.

https://www.purecycles.com/blogs/bic...orcycle-noises

Well it looks like they built one. Wonder how long it took it get that much footage because I don't think I could ride it for more than ten minutes.

https://youtu.be/7Q5rqB7IyBg

Yeah, you are right. It also doesn't look good.