Paying It Forward: M109R Edition

Thread: Paying It Forward: M109R Edition

Default Paying It Forward: M109R Edition

Good morning friends and fellow riders, I woke up with an idea today. This idea may have been tried already, I don’t know. This idea may fall flat on its face, but I hope not. So let me explain...

First off, a little bit about myself since I haven’t had the opportunity to meet any of you fine people in person “YET”. My father has been a pastor since I was born, so I was brought up with certain beliefs. One of those being that in order to make a difference, you've got to be the difference. Yeah it sounds cliche, but I bought in to that idea HARD when I became a police officer 11 years ago. After all this time, cliche or not, the message remains the same.

With that in mind, my idea is to start a thread (THIS THREAD) where like minded riders can offer up their unused parts....for nothing, zilch, nada. That means, if you have it and don’t need it or are just tired of it collecting dust, why not offer it to someone who needs it? We all love our bikes, and I’m willing to bet that the vast majority of us feel good helping other people out. What better way than this... PAY IT FORWARD!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I will kick this thing off, hope someone will keep it going! You need ‘em, you got ‘em, just cover shipping!

M109R stock front turn signals (chrome)
    M109R stock rear turn signals (chrome)
    Kuryakyn Torpedo turn signals (black)
    M109R stock tail light (clear)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1238157A-FD7D-4BBA-B2D7-77C5CD786EC8_1561308275071.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	384446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97071A33-8CB3-4045-90BE-3AB0DCC549A7_1561308289803.jpg 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	384448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2C026F04-7CB7-41EE-80E0-4686EF9F60C7_1561308299260.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	384450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12EE2C17-60AC-4DC0-9B9A-FDFDEDD6DEF4_1561308306998.jpg 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	384452  
    Last edited by BIGSTUF; 06-23-2019 at 12:52 PM.

M109R stock suspension links (silver)
    M109R stock mirrors (black)
    M109R stock derby cover (silver)
    M109R stock rider seat (black)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0513BBF-8407-4577-8DAD-20352291D770_1561308336477.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	384454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A39564CD-1FE4-4F08-8CF4-93AEB1E42B4B_1561308350087.jpeg 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	384456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C82A750-C3AE-42BB-953C-B8C65028FDDE_1561308356433.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	384458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE948EC9-00A2-46C8-B680-D9BB01345199_1561308364430.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	384460  

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

awesome idea I will definitely dig in my shed and start posting a lot of takeoffs I've done over the yrs.
    2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful give

Good idea. This same type of thread started in 2012 and lasted until 2017, https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...ht=Pay+forward

It stalked several times as some people did not follow the rules that they outlined. But then it would start again. It was a great thread. As the people on this forum are the best group of people I have met and continue to meet on my travels. I hope that it lasts as long if not longer then the other thread. You get what you put into this world, Karma. A lot of members gave away parts after someone dropped/went down on their bike.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by alx109 View Post
    awesome idea I will definitely dig in my shed and start posting a lot of takeoffs I've done over the yrs.
    2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful give
    Awesome, thank you! And that verse is a GREAT reminder of how we are called to give. With that in mind, I’ll leave this one right here...

“If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
    **1 John‬ *3:17-18‬

I love the idea. I have a ton of extra parts I can contribute to this cause. However, due to my recent move from Kentucky to Texas most of them are buried deep into my storage units, and I won’t be able to get to them until we get ready to move into our new home here, which is going to take a while. Nevertheless, I will post whatever I have available right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Good idea. This same type of thread started in 2012 and lasted until 2017, https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...ht=Pay+forward

It stalked several times as some people did not follow the rules that they outlined. But then it would start again. It was a great thread. As the people on this forum are the best group of people I have met and continue to meet on my travels. I hope that it lasts as long if not longer then the other thread. You get what you put into this world, Karma. A lot of members gave away parts after someone dropped/went down on their bike.
    I have done some reading through that thread, as I didn’t want to outright steal anyone else’s idea. Although I do find it interesting the direction it was being taken, there are no “rules” here and there will be no restriction on who can and can’t take. Some will NEED more than others (especially when bike’s go down) and I believe it’s our job to take care of those in need.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I love the idea. I have a ton of extra parts I can contribute to this cause. However, due to my recent move from Kentucky to Texas most of them are buried deep into my storage units, and I won’t be able to get to them until we get ready to move into our new home here, which is going to take a while. Nevertheless, I will post whatever I have available right now.
    Thanks so much! The motto here should be, “help with WHAT you can WHEN you can!

Bold Idea!
    I will see what I have lying around!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    I will kick this thing off, hope someone will keep it going! You need ‘em, you got ‘em, just cover shipping!

M109R stock front turn signals (chrome)
    M109R stock rear turn signals (chrome)
    Kuryakyn Torpedo turn signals (black)
    M109R stock tail light (clear)
    Hello Bigstuf,

Where are you located? Interested in the clear OEM taillight and also the front and rear turn signals

Quote Originally Posted by MR.X View Post
    Hello Bigstuf,

Where are you located? Interested in the clear OEM taillight and also the front and rear turn signals
    PM sent!
    Last edited by BIGSTUF; 06-23-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I've got the stock rad grill and lower chrome/black pieces, stock brake/shifter mounts with pegs and foot pegs. Signal lights front and back as well but the fronts are screwed up as I tore them off by hand cause of the rusted on screws. A set of spiked intakes I plasty dipped and are lightly scared up. Stock kick stand. A stock seat I cut out foam and inserted 5/8" of gel pad in. Stock bones
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 06-23-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    I have done some reading through that thread, as I didn’t want to outright steal anyone else’s idea. Although I do find it interesting the direction it was being taken, there are no “rules” here and there will be no restriction on who can and can’t take. Some will NEED more than others (especially when bike’s go down) and I believe it’s our job to take care of those in need.
    I was not implying or suggesting that you were trying to steal anyone’s idea. Just that it had happened with great success and lasted for many years. I agree that we need to look out for one another and help each other. And this is the right group of guys/gals to do that. One of the first MAMs I ran, a guy’s bike broke down, trans problems. He lived in Pittsburg, PA at the time. A couple from Delaware trailered down to the meet. They gave him there truck and trailer to take his bike back home. And they rode back home. They did not even know the guy that well. But that is the type of members that we have on here for the most part. You should attend a MAM. Members there bend over backwards to help others. Again, a great group of people to meet. I sold my 9 4 years ago, and still look at this forum about everyday. Thanks for starting this up again.
    Last edited by rynosback; 06-23-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I've got the stock rad grill and lower chrome/black pieces, stock brake/shifter mounts with pegs and foot pegs. Signal lights front and back as well but the fronts are screwed up as I tore them off by hand cause of the rusted on screws. A set of spiked intakes I plasty dipped and are lightly scared up. Stock kick stand. A stock seat I cut out foam and inserted 5/8" of gel pad in. Stock bones
    I'd be happy to try that seat out if you still want to get rid of it. I'll PM you my info.

I'll do some digging to see if I have anything lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    I was not implying or suggesting that you were trying to steal anyone’s idea. Just that it had happened with great success and lasted for many years. I agree that we need to look out for one another and help each other. And this is the right group of guys/gals to do that. One of the first MAMs I ran, a guy’s bike broke down, trans problems. He lived in Pittsburg, PA at the time. A couple from Delaware trailered down to the meet. They gave him there truck and trailer to take his bike back home. And they rode back home. They did not even know the guy that well. But that is the type of members that we have on here for the most part. You should attend a MAM. Members there bend over backwards to help others. Again, a great group of people to meet. I sold my 9 4 years ago, and still look at this forum about everyday. Thanks for starting this up again. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
    Wow, didn’t realize that you had sold your 9! I see your posts all the time, just goes to show you that when you find a great group of people you can’t help but stick around! I have heard a lot of great things about MAM and would love to make it out there!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I would be interested in the spiked intakes. i'll pm you

I finally dug through my old stuff. I have a set of M90 rear foot pegs if anyone wants them.

We have all heard the whisper and felt it in our hearts. I pray that others hears and feels the same. If it brings us all 109rs together, I wonder if it can do the same around the world.
    Awesome start. I got your "6" bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    We have all heard the whisper and felt it in our hearts. I pray that others hears and feels the same. If it brings us all 109rs together, I wonder if it can do the same around the world.
    Awesome start. I got your "6" bro.
    Thanks so much for the kind words Chez. If you ever make it down to Nashville, TN then the first round is on me my friend

I have
    Front signals - chrome
    Rear signals - chrome
    Beaver with license plate light and mount, etc (can't imagine that's useful but I have it)

Also (off topic) I have a Honda Fury full exhaust in mint shape everything but cylinder head nuts

I bought an integrated tail light but friends tell me they can't see my braking in bright sunlight so I may put the original back on and let the integrated go (for anyone that lives where the sun don't shine)

https://www.facebook.com/write2luap/...6773322936032/
    Last edited by Luap; 07-25-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    2019 M109R B.O.S.S. red/black
    MODS: LED signals, Integrated tail light, Luap hole-saw mod, axle mounted plate, no beaver, carbon fiber look tank bra, dual air horn, black spiked grips, "bar end key" mod, drink holder :), more to come