From Hawaii, First bike is M109R

Thread: From Hawaii, First bike is M109R

Default From Hawaii, First bike is M109R

Hey guys, been lurking a little bit for tips and decided to just join, I have a 2011 M109R, first bike ever owned and what a great decision to pull the trigger with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Not many start off with a beast like the M109R as their fist bike. I applaud you for doing so!😊👏👏👏😊

Welcome! Pictures of the beast would be appreciated!

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    Welcome! Pictures of the beast would be appreciated!
    it was previously owned and was was layed down but minor scratches, nothing a little extra love can’t fix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4101725D-B919-4F63-BDD5-739AEBC5AFF6_1561043443845.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	384366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE5E94FA-4DB4-4245-8F6C-4296659CDDEF_1561043453506.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	384368  

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Not many start off with a beast like the M109R as their fist bike. I applaud you for doing so!😊👏👏👏😊
    Thanks! Yeah I’m a big guy so I needed something that could fit me and this was it! I couldn’t be any happier

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

& to the Family! Us Big Guys need Big Rides........I feel ya! Keep the shiny side up and be safe!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Very nice! Minor scuffs just mean its time to make it yours!

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

There have been a few here, through the years I've been a member, that started with this bike as their first. Me, I started on a 125, moved up to a 360, then a 650, then a 750, finally nearly ten years after I started riding, I had the bike I'd always dreamed of having since seeing one sitting brand new on the Honda dealers floor, a 1047 cc Honda CBX. Absolutely stunning machine back in the day, and for it's time, as much a beast as the M109R is today. Biggest bike I'd ever ridden up til 2006 was the Suzuki GS1150ES. And despite years and years of riding, I was a bit intimidated by the Nines overall size, the long wheelbase, the weight. I couldn't imagine it being my first bike. And yeah, I'm not heavy, but I'm not small either, 6'2" 175 pounds. I've always been aware that my height makes me look rather odd on small bikes. One of the things I like about the Nine is it's long length as compared to it's height.

Long way of saying, you got more balls that I did when I was learning to ride. LOL!!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    Very nice! Minor scuffs just mean its time to make it yours!
    Very true, gotta take care of the essentials first then I’ll start to add some things here and there to make it unique!

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Welcome and congrats. love that color. just give it lots of respect.

Default M109R; the love affair never ends...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreankong808 View Post
    Hey guys, been lurking a little bit for tips and decided to just join, I have a 2011 M109R, first bike ever owned and what a great decision to pull the trigger with.
    My first bike after 30 years was also the 2011 M109r. I rode while in college, but after marriage, kids, mortgage, I gave it up. Then one day I realized the kids were grown and gone. While looking at Orange County Choppers on TV, I commented to my wife that I miss riding. She encouraged me to reconnect with what I loved; biking! At first, I was salivating over a used Honda VTX. Someone beat me to the punch and purchased it before I could get there. I asked the owner why he sold the VTX. He said, “I’ve just gotta have the M109R.” I went to the dealer and fell in absolute love. I bought the bike, but it was November and too cold to ride. I got a good deal, so I stored it in the garage till spring. Realizing I hadn’t ridden a bike in several decades, I took the MSF safety class; great class! Okay, now it’s next spring. I took the 9er out for its maiden voyage. I barely twisted the throttle and a monster roared from beneath me. I said, “What have I done ” I tried again; almost pulled a wheelie, and immediately realized that this was surely too much power compared the older Honda750-Four I was accustomed to. I told a neighbor who owned a C-90 Boulevard that I was going to sell this monster. He advised me to putt-putt around the neighborhood for two weeks before deciding. I did. My 9er became a pussycat when I wanted and a raving lunatic of a machine when I needed it. The M109R is the best of both worlds. I don’t think there is any other bike that has so much power yet is so easy to control. I added hard saddle bags, a Corbin fairing, floorboards and crash bars; looks amazing now. I love this bike and love riding it. I just hate the inconsiderate distracted drivers out there that steal the joy of just sitting back for smooth yet powerful country ride on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon with 78-degree balmy air blowing under your helmet. KoreanKong808, you’ve got one sensational mo-chine.
    Last edited by Mike Way; 06-27-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Way View Post

“What have I done [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif[/IMG]”
    HAHAHAHA I just spit my drink out! YOU sir, owe me one new drink for that comment! Thank you for that!