integrated tailight

Thread: integrated tailight

Default integrated tailight

are these still a thing? I know they were over a decade ago. Any improvement on quality?

just trying to see what options I have for cleaning up the rear end. The plate will be going side mount. I like the LED strip that lights up as a turn signal but I believe that one is a bit pricey hence why i'm asking about the integrated taillight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DivkoviC View Post
    are these still a thing? I know they were over a decade ago. Any improvement on quality?

just trying to see what options I have for cleaning up the rear end. The plate will be going side mount. I like the LED strip that lights up as a turn signal but I believe that one is a bit pricey hence why i'm asking about the integrated taillight.
    The integrated taillight ones aren't very popular anymore. The Revo Knight rider in cowl or under fender are great. Other manufactures have the under fender as well

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post

The integrated taillight ones aren't very popular anymore. The Revo Knight rider in cowl or under fender are great. Other manufactures have the under fender as well
    I see you are from Canada. Do you know of any Canadian manufacturers or retailers for the under fender kit?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I see you are from Canada. Do you know of any Canadian manufacturers or retailers for the under fender kit?
    Best place to get it, Mean Cycles in Miami Florida. https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=229958

Here's another. https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=228290

Another. https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=216217

These next two are likely the best. https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=223880

And https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=225065

These are great for the front. https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=222604

JC's a good guy, bought from him twice. You can't go wrong, even if you're in Canada. Might even send you a custom flask with your order, did me. Great for a bit of Scotch.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 06-26-2019 at 12:16 AM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I'm in Canada and this is what I installed. I like that it has 3 separate sections, right/left signals and brake. Also works as a running light. When braking but not signalling, the entire array lights up. I am very happy with this.

https://fortnine.ca/en/custom-dynami...9-rear-tfarray

Fortnine.ca has them

Very Active Member

I run an integrated tail in conjunction with the chrome glow undertail LED strip. The integrated tail is way too dim in direct sunlight for me to trust people actually being able to see it the undertail is much brighter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190309_082018_585_1561635520119.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	384530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190508_201956_087_1561635531573.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	384532  

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    I run an integrated tail in conjunction with the chrome glow undertail LED strip. The integrated tail is way too dim in direct sunlight for me to trust people actually being able to see it the undertail is much brighter
    FWIW, for the OP, ^^this is the #1 complaint I hear/read about all brands across the board for integrated tail lights - just not bright enough or visible enough changing from yellow to red. Adding auxiliary lighting (under tail / additional custom signal/brake lights) is a far safer more effective way to go IMHO, even if you love the integrated look/effect. Just not a technically fully mature solution yet - not sure why, to be honest, as LED's can be insanely bright. A quick glance at an LED lumens chart suggests yellow may not output the same lumens at a comparable wattage.

thanks for the info guys. I'll stay clear of the integrated taillight. I ordered the Revo Cycle under fender led strip, got impatient and didn't see the fortnine site in time to buy canadian

I pulled in behind someone on the road who had one of these style tail lights. No idea which one but I followed him home and pulled into his driveway. When he asked what was up, I asked him if he rode the whole way without hitting the brakes or signalling. He said of course not. I talked him into letting me ride his bike while he followed me for a couple miles and when we got back, he walked right by me and his parked bike into his shed returning with his OEM light and some tools. I had been seriously thinking about it myself until that day.

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    I pulled in behind someone on the road who had one of these style tail lights. No idea which one but I followed him home and pulled into his driveway. When he asked what was up, I asked him if he rode the whole way without hitting the brakes or signalling. He said of course not. I talked him into letting me ride his bike while he followed me for a couple miles and when we got back, he walked right by me and his parked bike into his shed returning with his OEM light and some tools. I had been seriously thinking about it myself until that day.
    I have The Revo Rear Cowl integrated G5 Knight Rider LED https://www.revo-cycles.com/shop/rev...ght-rider-led/ and also the Revo Rear Fender G3 Knight Rider LED installed https://www.revo-cycles.com/shop/rev...ght-rider-led/ on my 109r and both kits are super bright and very visible . The upper G5 led is always pulsating from one side to the other in red (it has a remote to activate and change different colors , I just liked red better) and it becomes a solid red light when brakes are applied along with the rear main brake light and it can be seen from afar . The other underneath of the rear fender , the G3 , works only as turn signal but since the upper G5 also works as turn signals they both work in unison , that is , when I put the left turn signal , both upper and lower LEDs start flashing on left or right side , so , the upper one at the seat level and the lower one at the under fender level are flashing left or right at the same time , so the visibility is increased 300% . Never had a single problem with any of the two . I am happy with both . I forgot to add that I did not alter the rear main light … I left it as it comes from factory which I think it is fine like that .
    Here both LEDs strip kits can be seen . Sorry , I am not good with taking pics

Last edited by josey088; 06-29-2019 at 05:06 PM.

There is really only about three other 9's in my area that I have seen over the last 13 yrs and not sure what light they have but I do have the LED signal lights under the fender and still have the stock front signals. The bike I was referring to wasn't a 9. It has been many years ago but it was one of the naked sport bikes so the rear light was smaller than a 9. All I can say is that light could not be seen in the sunlight from any real distance. I don't know if the clear lense and all the chrome plastic in the light was washing out the LEDs or not but it did turn me off of considering one myself. The look was not worth the risk for me but that was just an experience I had and he too had second thoughts. I didn't know him and haven't seen him since.
    Last edited by UVATom; 06-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I can't understand why a little LED strip costs almost $200

It’s more than just a strip of LEDs Luap. It’s a very-well designed, and incredibly functioning aftermarket brake and turn signal combination component, designed and formed on an aluminum/alloy bracket specifically for the M109R, to give a more sleek look and cleaned up appearance for the rear of the bike. Additionally, there are other brands out there that basically has the same functions, but they cost much less. You can find the cheaper ones on eBay all day long for less than $100.00.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    It’s more than just a strip of LEDs Luap. It’s a very-well designed, and incredibly functioning aftermarket brake and turn signal combination component, designed and formed on an aluminum/alloy bracket specifically for the M109R, to give a more sleek look and cleaned up appearance for the rear of the bike. Additionally, there are other brands out there that basically has the same functions, but they cost much less. You can find the cheaper ones on eBay all day long for less than $100.00.

And to caution Luap. You ALWAYS get what you pay for. I have the REVO Knight Rider under Cowl and people are always saying they see it and know exactly that it's me. I have the white leds sweeping constantly when I ride and people see me. That's number one safety, grabs people's attention

I run a small tail, removed the whole OEM light, and only run an integrated light bar. I have done this changeover on an old bike, so you have to be prepared for some of the pitfalls, like dim lighting in daylight.

I got my kit custom ordered from Radiantz. I used two of their dual LED kits to make 18" of light, they didn't have a single long kit that would do Brake/running light/left and right turn signal at the spec i needed. The tail came from meancycles.

I got their dual led circuit, but their resistor was not enough to show a big enough difference between running and brake, so i made a new one for a literal fraction of their cost. Just have to know what to get (diode and a bunch of resistors... im simplifying here)

The second is a cut out circuit (proper terminology i cant recall) so when you use your signals, it overrides the brake light. The circuit they sent didn't work because of hyper flashing, which is BS, as my front signals work both as dual led (white and amber) and work fine. But after doing some visual testing, the signal LEDS (amber) and brake light in their integrated LED bars are different emitters, and their intensity could be modified with some inline resistors. If you're enterprising enough, you can get it all working. BUT, i will suggest that you need to be smart about how many lumens the LED bar will output. Generally, the higher the amperage, the higher the intensity (since the LEDs will draw more current)

Video of the flasher and brakes on
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4c...ew?usp=sharing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190528_202321.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	384784

With the right stuff, the LEDs will be clearly visible during the day, and great at night.