M109 Rider Forums banner

Paint YKY

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JUDAH-9 
#1 ·
Good morning all,
I searched the forum about this before asking and came up with nothing, so now I must ask.

I own a 2017 M109R BOSS, the main paint color is code YKY and is called Pearl Vigor Blue.

I recently noticed that my front fender is split in half, I added a flood light to the front for night driving and I did not realize how much travel their was in the front forks. Anyway the light smashed into the fender enough times or hard enough to break the fender.

I purchased a new one used and it is bright orange. I would like to repaint the fender but all the color match paints are WAY WAY expensive.

I have tried to cross reference the code to see if the paint is produced or used by another manufacturer like Ford or Mopar in hopes of finding out if this same color is mass produced and readily available as a different name.

Has anyone had any success with this? Do you have suggestiins other than repaint the bike? Your help is greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
P, is absolutely correct in recommending www.colorrite.com. They are practically the only company I know of that supplies the OEM M109R bike colors. You would be wise to go with his recommendation, to insure your newly painted part is a direct match. Your paint is not something you want to cut corners on.

Below I have provided you with the link to exactly what you'll need from colorrite to get your new front fender color-matched to the rest of your bike.

https://www.colorrite.com/product/suzuki-yky-pearl-vigor-blue-1738.cfm

#7 ·
I'd sand it and then prime it with a tinted primer, you could just use a light gray primer to save costs, and then paint it. :bigthumbsup: If you are going to do it by yourself try to make sure there is no static electricity on the fender before you paint it. It helps with the metal flake in the paint to lay down properly. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.