Starting issues

Thread: Starting issues

Default Starting issues

I have a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard M109R as of recent I have been having issues with the bike starting when I turn the key everything Powers up the sound that the bike makes when you turn the key to start. it does not do. and when I push the start button it does not do anything any suggestions would be grateful

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Armmi709 View Post
    I have a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard M109R as of recent I have been having issues with the bike starting when I turn the key everything Powers up the sound that the bike makes when you turn the key to start. it does not do. and when I push the start button it does not do anything any suggestions would be grateful
    Only thing I can suggest as I’m still new to this bike is make sure your right hand kill switch is in the start position. It will not make the sounds if it is not. Mine got flipped up one day and I about had a mini stroke but quickly discovered the problem.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Kick stand has to be all the way up to trigger the switch. Try and make sure it's in neutral also. When you you turn on the key let it cycle, you'll hear the sound for a few seconds and wait for the 2 inside lights to go off in the tach

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    Only thing I can suggest as I’m still new to this bike is make sure your right hand kill switch is in the start position. It will not make the sounds if it is not. Mine got flipped up one day and I about had a mini stroke but quickly discovered the problem.
    Long time ago, when my wife (now ex) had a M50, at a gathering couldn't start it. Everyone standing around wondering why? Lots of bikers there, all scratchiin their heads. After maybe an hour of that, I found exactly that. Surreptiously turned it on, bike started, and I uttered, "it's a damn miracle!"
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Long time ago, when my wife (now ex) had a M50, at a gathering couldn't start it. Everyone standing around wondering why? Lots of bikers there, all scratchiin their heads. After maybe an hour of that, I found exactly that. Surreptiously turned it on, bike started, and I uttered, "it's a damn miracle!" [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/grin.gif[/IMG]
    That is...AWESOME! Lmao yeh, it’s definitely a terrible feeling.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

LOL. Terrible feeling. i'm sure it's happened to all of us.

I use my kill switch all the time. When I park it other than in the garage I always leave it in first gear so it won't roll and fall over just in case

Happened to me at the drag strip, I bumped it while waiting my turn to race and for a few minutes couldn't figure out what happened. Had to let others go past me. Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    LOL. Terrible feeling. i'm sure it's happened to all of us.

I use my kill switch all the time. When I park it other than in the garage I always leave it in first gear so it won't roll and fall over just in case
    Been riding since 74, never use the kill switch. Reason I forgot it. As for the second gear thing, only if it's facing downhill is how I do it. Flat level ground or facing uphill, nah. And I try to avoid parking facing downhill if it can be done.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING