FOR SALE: T-REX EXTENDED GAS TANK BEZEL

Thread: FOR SALE: T-REX EXTENDED GAS TANK BEZEL

Very Active Member

Default FOR SALE: T-REX EXTENDED GAS TANK BEZEL

For sale: $250 shipped.
    Brand new T-Rex extended gas tank bezel. mounted only for fitting and pics. Unfortunately it will not work with my corbin seat and I'm not about to hack up my seat or this piece so it needs a new home.
    Its $300 brand new, painted satin black but it's usually about a 3 week wait. Save a few weeks wait and a couple $$$ if you get mine. Riding season is here, why wait!

Fits any year M109R....without a Corbin seat...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20190306_193129_1552487896203.jpg†
Views:	140†
Size:	18.7 KB†
ID:	382496Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20190306_193156_1552487928671.jpg†
Views:	89†
Size:	11.7 KB†
ID:	382498Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_20190309_082018_585_1552487948429.jpg†
Views:	85†
Size:	33.2 KB†
ID:	382500
    Last edited by Psycho1000R; 04-09-2019 at 01:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

So no Camel Toe then.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    So no Camel Toe then.
    Lol no camel toe ...
    😂😂

GLWS. Its good to know this wont work with the corbin seat since I have been considering buying one and currently have a corbin.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

I've had a chrome one on my bike for several years now. Works fine with the stock Suzuki seat or the Full Cut gel seat from Suzuki. Even works with a tank bra installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	01010004_zpsoxarp6fj.jpg†
Views:	69†
Size:	67.0 KB†
ID:	382506Click image for larger version.†

Name:	01010001_zpsfvrqypsg.jpg†
Views:	66†
Size:	81.4 KB†
ID:	382508Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_3861.jpg†
Views:	51†
Size:	56.3 KB†
ID:	382510
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I've had a chrome one on my bike for several years now. Works fine with the stock Suzuki seat or the Full Cut gel seat from Suzuki. Even works with a tank bra installed.
    Yeh lucky you lol. The Corbin seat seems to have a longer snout which is narrower than the stock. Sits higher on the gas tank.

Very Active Member

TTT

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Yeh lucky you lol. The Corbin seat seems to have a longer snout which is narrower than the stock. Sits higher on the gas tank.
    Well, being that I've been keeping an eye on the classifieds for a Corbin seat, guess I'll give up on that now. The full cut gel seat is more than comfortable enough for my liking. I don't want to put the stock bezel back on, and don't have it to put back on in any event. Now that I've had this on my bike for several years, the stock one would look circumcised.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Well, being that I've been keeping an eye on the classifieds for a Corbin seat, guess I'll give up on that now. The full cut gel seat is more than comfortable enough for my liking. I don't want to put the stock bezel back on, and don't have it to put back on in any event. Now that I've had this on my bike for several years, the stock one would look circumcised.
    I'm glad my misfortune is helping others lol.

Im still hoping I can get an improvised version .

I wonder is the issue with the Ultimate seat also. I have this piece at the paint shop and I have the Ultimate seat.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by thall View Post
    I wonder is the issue with the Ultimate seat also. I have this piece at the paint shop and I have the Ultimate seat.
    I don't think the snout on the ultimate is the same, Corbin uses a custom base pan for their seats and it runs higher up the tank. I think ultimate uses the stock base pan. Someone correct me if i'm wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    I'm glad my misfortune is helping others lol.

Im still hoping I can get an improvised version .
    I would suggest that you could find a body shop that works with fiberglass, and have them cut the back end off the T-Rex, and put a new one on that is shorter. Since it's fiberglass, it's easily doable. Cut the old back end off with a cut-off wheel, mold a new one onto it. Paint it and no one would be the wiser. I've worked with fiberglass myself, and could do that without much trouble if I had to. I've made molds out of wood, slicked the mold up and formed fiberglass cloth to the mold. When cured, it pops off the slicked up mold, some sanding and some paint, Voilla, done. Used to make hulls for radio controlled model boats that way. Wingtips for model aircraft, etc. I gave up those money pit hobbies years ago to concentrate on motor vehicles. But it's like riding a bicycle, one learned not forgotten.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I would suggest that you could find a body shop that works with fiberglass, and have them cut the back end off the T-Rex, and put a new one on that is shorter. Since it's fiberglass, it's easily doable. Cut the old back end off with a cut-off wheel, mold a new one onto it. Paint it and no one would be the wiser. I've worked with fiberglass myself, and could do that without much trouble if I had to. I've made molds out of wood, slicked the mold up and formed fiberglass cloth to the mold. When cured, it pops off the slicked up mold, some sanding and some paint, Voilla, done. Used to make hulls for radio controlled model boats that way. Wingtips for model aircraft, etc. I gave up those money pit hobbies years ago to concentrate on motor vehicles. But it's like riding a bicycle, one learned not forgotten.
    I was thinking the same thing but DIY style.
    Grab some Oatey fixit putty, snip the tip off the TRex, sculpt a small replacement and paint.
    This stuff hardens like STEEL and can be sanded and carved (dremel) once hardened. Maybe test a piece for yourself first if you go this route...

Very Active Member

If I had the skill set id attempt it, Unfortunately I do not, and I definitely don't want to mangle this part up.
    Trust me, I've thought of it, if it was cheaper I'd take a stab at it, but it's already cost me 300, and if I mess it up , a shop will have to fix it, repaint it and probably cost me another $100.... I dont want to get that deep into a dash panel.

I have a friend who does body and paint in NE Missouri. He does fiberglass. He's doing a custom one-off hood for my Lightning now, and it's almost done. It involves some fiberglass and some carbon fiber. I could ask him how much he would charge you to do that work? You'd obviously have to ship it to him.

Maybe it's just me, but the T-Rex looks so nice, I'd do whatever I had to do to keep it on my bike. The short one just doesn't look right after you've had the long one on the bike. I got rid of my stock one so I'd never be tempted to put it back on!

I love the way the front of the T-Rex has those extensions that hang lower than the factory part. It's just an all around awesome part. Well made to boot. I feel lucky I was able to get in on them when they were still available in chrome.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 03-18-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

I have a friend who does body and paint in NE Missouri. He does fiberglass. He's doing a custom one-off hood for my Lightning now, and it's almost done. It involves some fiberglass and some carbon fiber. I could ask him how much he would charge you to do that work? You'd obviously have to ship it to him.

Maybe it's just me, but the T-Rex looks so nice, I'd do whatever I had to do to keep it on my bike. The short one just doesn't look right after you've had the long one on the bike. I got rid of my stock one so I'd never be tempted to put it back on!

I love the way the front of the T-Rex has those extensions that hang lower than the factory part. It's just an all around awesome part. Well made to boot. I feel lucky I was able to get in on them when they were still available in chrome.
    Im working with JC at meancycles to see if his fiberglass guy can make a one off for me. I just need to sell this one lol.

Very Active Member

TTT

Very Active Member

TTT price lowered $250

This guy thanked Meancycle for fixing his TRex... same problem.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwdO1WQDKCA/

Very Active Member

TTT

Iíve been eyeing this up since you posted it for sale..... if itís still available in a couple weeks Iíll buy it from you, just have a couple other things to take care of first

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Iíve been eyeing this up since you posted it for sale..... if itís still available in a couple weeks Iíll buy it from you, just have a couple other things to take care of first
    Sounds good 👍🏼

T-rex bezel still available ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by TainoWarrior View Post
    T-rex bezel still available ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, lotta tire kickers but it's still available.
    Last edited by Psycho1000R; 06-10-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Personally, I could never go back to the stock one after having the T-Rex. The stock one looks circumcised.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Personally, I could never go back to the stock one after having the T-Rex. The stock one looks circumcised.
    Lol, I hear you man! I look at the stock ones next to mine, and they look so stubby and weird compared to mine. I really can't believe no one has bought this yet. To be honest I haven't really been pushing the sale much since spring, I've been moving around the past two months so haven't really posted up about it in many places.
    Last edited by Psycho1000R; 06-11-2019 at 03:09 PM.