GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...

Thread: GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...

Default GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...

I知 experiencing some major exhaust popping at acceleration and deceleration quite frequently. My throttle also has far too much play in it. I知 wondering if the excessive exhaust popping could possibly be correlated to the excess play in my throttle? Whenever I accelerate, hold the throttle at any speed with, or decelerate at any speed, my bike is constantly having exhaust pops. I noticed that it generally happens while I知 also feeling the excess play in the throttle. I知 going to remove the excess play in the tomorrow, in hopes that it will have some affect on the issue.

Please let me know if you have any knowledge or experience with this same or similar issue, and what you did to correct it.

Thank you,
    Bobby

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I’m experiencing some major exhaust popping at acceleration and deceleration quite frequently. My throttle also has far too much play in it. I’m wondering if the excessive exhaust popping could possibly be correlated to the excess play in my throttle? Whenever I accelerate, hold the throttle at any speed with, or decelerate at any speed, my bike is constantly having exhaust pops. I noticed that it generally happens while I’m also feeling the excess play in the throttle. I’m going to remove the excess play in the tomorrow, in hopes that it will have some affect on the issue.

Please let me know if you have any knowledge or experience with this same or similar issue, and what you did to correct it.

Thank you,
    Bobby
    Several things that can cause it. Not sure what you have done to your bike from a performance stand point. Best bet would be to check with Matt.

A few things that can cause popping are:
    exhaust leak
    the pair valves if not blocked off
    a crack or leak in the throttle body boot
    bad spark plug or wire
    and several things in the tuning parameters (depending on what kind of tuning you have)

Ive been told iridium spark plugs can cause that too.