GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...

Thread: GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n JUDAH-9\r\n \r\n
\r\n JUDAH-9 is online now\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Very Active Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n JUDAH-9\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n I知 experiencing some major exhaust popping at acceleration and deceleration quite frequently. My throttle also has far too much play in it. I知 wondering if the excessive exhaust popping could possibly be correlated to the excess play in my throttle? Whenever I accelerate, hold the throttle at any speed with, or decelerate at any speed, my bike is constantly having exhaust pops. I noticed that it generally happens while I知 also feeling the excess play in the throttle. I知 going to remove the excess play in the tomorrow, in hopes that it will have some affect on the issue.
\n
\nPlease let me know if you have any knowledge or experience with this same or similar issue, and what you did to correct it.
\n
\nThank you,
\nBobby\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[3983356] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Poseidon\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Poseidon is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Very Active Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Poseidon\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I’m experiencing some major exhaust popping at acceleration and deceleration quite frequently. My throttle also has far too much play in it. I’m wondering if the excessive exhaust popping could possibly be correlated to the excess play in my throttle? Whenever I accelerate, hold the throttle at any speed with, or decelerate at any speed, my bike is constantly having exhaust pops. I noticed that it generally happens while I’m also feeling the excess play in the throttle. I’m going to remove the excess play in the tomorrow, in hopes that it will have some affect on the issue.
    \n
    \nPlease let me know if you have any knowledge or experience with this same or similar issue, and what you did to correct it.
    \n
    \nThank you,
    \nBobby
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Several things that can cause it. Not sure what you have done to your bike from a performance stand point. Best bet would be to check with Matt.
    \n
    \nA few things that can cause popping are:
    \nexhaust leak
    \nthe pair valves if not blocked off
    \na crack or leak in the throttle body boot
    \nbad spark plug or wire
    \nand several things in the tuning parameters (depending on what kind of tuning you have)\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3983478] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n jmar8390\r\n \r\n
    \r\n jmar8390 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n jmar8390\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Ive been told iridium spark plugs can cause that too.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[3983344] = "3983478,3983356"; pn[0] = ",3983344"; pn[3983356] = "3983344,3983478"; pn[3983478] = "3983356,3983344"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[74066] = "JUDAH-9"; pu[49602] = "Poseidon"; pu[85034] = "jmar8390"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post Next Post Next Post

Default GENERAL QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW...

I知 experiencing some major exhaust popping at acceleration and deceleration quite frequently. My throttle also has far too much play in it. I知 wondering if the excessive exhaust popping could possibly be correlated to the excess play in my throttle? Whenever I accelerate, hold the throttle at any speed with, or decelerate at any speed, my bike is constantly having exhaust pops. I noticed that it generally happens while I知 also feeling the excess play in the throttle. I知 going to remove the excess play in the tomorrow, in hopes that it will have some affect on the issue.

Please let me know if you have any knowledge or experience with this same or similar issue, and what you did to correct it.

Thank you,
      Bobby