CHECKING ON THE DEVIL

Thread: CHECKING ON THE DEVIL

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default CHECKING ON THE DEVIL

Keith, I saw on FB where you layed your bike down.

Sorry to see this man and hope you took less of a beating than the bike did.

I would love to pick this bike up from you but I am 5000 miles away in the middle of the ocean at the moment and since I just purchased my dyno my cash reserves are a bit on the lite side to say the least.

If you still have the bike when get I back on dry land I will see if I can scratch together some cheese and get with you.

I have all the bits and pieces to put her back together already and would hate to see her parted out.

Again sorry to see this happened and hope at least you came out the other side without injury.

BCS

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Keith, I saw on FB where you layed your bike down.

Sorry to see this man and hope you took less of a beating than the bike did.

I would love to pick this bike up from you but I am 5000 miles away in the middle of the ocean at the moment and since I just purchased my dyno my cash reserves are a bit on the lite side to say the least.

If you still have the bike when get I back on dry land I will see if I can scratch together some cheese and get with you.

I have all the bits and pieces to put her back together already and would hate to see her parted out.

Again sorry to see this happened and hope at least you came out the other side without injury.

BCS
    Yeh I was bummed when I read that post too. I was literally just at his house the day before to swap wheels. His bike is gorgeous! Was a real gut punch seeing it laid down. After seeing his video the damage looks pretty minimal though. I'd be tempted to get it myself if I had more room.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Yeh I was bummed when I read that post too. I was literally just at his house the day before to swap wheels. His bike is gorgeous! Was a real gut punch seeing it laid down. After seeing his video the damage looks pretty minimal though. I'd be tempted to get it myself if I had more room.
    For sure its always tough to see something you put so much time and effort into hit the pavement.
    Bike may be cursed
    I know he purchased from another guy who had wrecked it and then he put a lot of work into building her back up again.
    So it has hit the ground at least twice in its life and my biggest concern is if there is any damage to the neck or frame in general. (Frame is the one part I don't have.....sold both of the frames I had already)
    If I have the cash when I get back in September I may take a swing at it.
    Been contemplating picking up another 9 if I could find one on the cheap and playing around with making a NOS 1/4 mile 9 just for fun.
    I have all the parts to put her back together already so I am very tempted by my devil conscious sitting on my left shoulder to buy it.......but my angel conscious sitting on my right shoulder keeps telling me not spend anymore money right now.
    I am deaf in my right ear so I rarely listen to the sensible angel conscious though. (I am sure the wife is going to side with my angel conscious as well, but will cross that bridge when I get to it)

Will see if he still has the bike and what my bank account looks like when I hit dry land again. Who knows, by that time he may have looked at it long enough and decide to fix her back up and ride her again himself.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-21-2019 at 04:44 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I hate to spoil it for you Charles, but that bike is now sold. The buyer is picking it up today. During my phone conversations with him, Keith was strongly contemplating keeping it at first and restoring it, although he had posted it up for sale, or as a parts bike. However, someone near him dropped by, looked at it, and committed to purchasing it on the spot. Another very interested party whom he had spoken with earlier about the bike called him back to tell him he wanted to purchase it, but he was a few minutes too late. The guy who ultimately purchased it was there at that very moment looking the bike over, and committing and staking his claim to the bike. Keith already has his sights on his next ride.

Did not really think it would still be available by the time I got back.......and if it would have been then I would know it was meant to be........ is how I looked at it.

My angel conscious, wife and bank account can now all breath easy again.....so I got that going for me.

More fish in the sea and another will come around sooner or later.

Glad to hear he was able to move it quickly.

BCS

👍👍👍

BCS, Iím good. I contemplated keeping and fixing, parting out or just selling outright. In the end I wasnít up to a rebuild or the time to and energy to part out. I could have done neither at the moment with these tender ribs. So I decided to list it and sold within 2 hours of being listed. Feeling much better a week out. I can finally sleep laying down 😂 I have my eye on a couple bikes but not going to rush. Never know something better could come up or prices could go down on those two. There are a couple of people in different states that I talk to regularly and Bobby is one of them. He would always know whatís going on with me. I think of him as my brother from Texas 😂😂

Take it easy and heal up right.
    Look forward to seeing what the Devil rides next.

BCS

Sorry to hear that you went down. Glad that you were able to walk away from it. Get better and heal up.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
    BCS, Iím good. I contemplated keeping and fixing, parting out or just selling outright. In the end I wasnít up to a rebuild or the time to and energy to part out. I could have done neither at the moment with these tender ribs. So I decided to list it and sold within 2 hours of being listed. Feeling much better a week out. I can finally sleep laying down 😂 I have my eye on a couple bikes but not going to rush. Never know something better could come up or prices could go down on those two. There are a couple of people in different states that I talk to regularly and Bobby is one of them. He would always know whatís going on with me. I think of him as my brother from Texas 😂😂
    I feel the same towards you too Bro. Itís amazing how cool and how close weíve become, although weíve never met in person. We always have some great, deep, open, honest, and enlightening conversations about a plethora of subjects/topics, and I always look forward to speaking or texting with you whenever my phone alerts me that itís you reaching out. Although Iím sad about the accident, Iím extremely glad and thankful that youíre okay, and the fact that youíll ride again one day soon. With your positivity, and Godís blessings, you have turned a huge negative into an even bigger positive...and you win!!!
    😁😁😁🙏🏽👍🏽✋🏽🤜🏽🤛🏽✋🏽👍🏽🙏🏽😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
    Glad you are ok and heeling up. Look forward to seeing your next build!