spark plug question
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: spark plug question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Prince George BC
    Posts
    13

    Default spark plug question

    removed my spark plugs today and noticed that the plugs that are in the centre of each cylinder have the 2 side prongs pointing to the electrodes and the plugs that are on the outside of the cylinders have only an electrode....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plugs.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	384106
    Is this correct? Are the 2 outside plugs really worn out?

    T.I.A.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Look at the part number on the plugs. They should all be the same and the ground points should all be one on each side. If it's the first time you've changed them then previous owner screwed up and replaced 2 thinking there was only 1 plug per cylinder


    The ones with just one ground could be iridium plugs

    The proper ones are CRE8K
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 1 Week Ago at 11:26 PM.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Prince George BC
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Look at the part number on the plugs. They should all be the same and the ground points should all be one on each side. If it's the first time you've changed them then previous owner screwed up and replaced 2 thinking there was only 1 plug per cylinder


    The ones with just one ground could be iridium plugs

    The proper ones are CRE8K
    2 are a brand named Brisk, premium AR1225, the other 2 are NGK CR7EK

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ginjerking View Post
    2 are a brand named Brisk, premium AR1225, the other 2 are NGK CR7EK

    the NGK CRE7EK are factory plug. the CRE8EK are just hotter plugs of the same thing, The Brisk are probably Iridium versions. SOme have had issues with Iridium and some love them so you just have to see what you think if you install them. The reason they would be different in your case is whoever changed them last didn't realize there are 2 per cylinder. Were the Brisk ones on the outside easy to get at ones?

    personally I use the NGK CRE8EK or 7s are fine too
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 1 Week Ago at 11:56 PM.

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Prince George BC
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    the NGK CRE7EK are factory plug. the CRE8EK are just hotter plugs of the same thing, The Brisk are probably Iridium versions. SOme have had issues with Iridium and some love them so you just have to see what you think if you install them. The reason they would be different in your case is whoever changed them last didn't realize there are 2 per cylinder. Were the Brisk ones on the outside easy to get at ones?

    personally I use the NGK CRE8EK or 7s are fine too
    lol, yes they were......I'm thinking the NGKs are original

  8. #6
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Depending on year could be original.

    I wish there were only the 2 easy ones LOL


    When I got mine from dealership for my 2012 it came up as the CRE8EK and they just are a hotter plug so you'd be fine with 7 or 8

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Prince George BC
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Depending on year could be original.

    I wish there were only the 2 easy ones LOL


    When I got mine from dealership for my 2012 it came up as the CRE8EK and they just are a hotter plug so you'd be fine with 7 or 8
    Thank you for clearing this up, new plugs tomorrow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •