Hole in seat, any cheap easy fix?

Thread: Hole in seat, any cheap easy fix?

Default Hole in seat, any cheap easy fix?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat hole.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	384064

Was wearing a knife with a belt clip; cuts pretty good even when closed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I've got a stock seat with 5/8" gel pad. Cut out foam and glued in the gel pad. Perfect condition and more comfortable than regular stock. Pay shipping and I'll send it to you

I wear a big Cold Steel knife in each front pocket when I'm out riding. Cold Steel knives tend to the large side of blades. ;-) Never torn a hole in the seat of my bikes or trucks. You were wearing it in your back pocket, I presume?

Oh I see, was hanging off your belt. Not me, no thanks. Pocket, out of sight, out of mind. Plus I don't want no torn seats.

Man, you've been here since 2007 and have a whopping 30 posts. That must be some kind of new record for low posts. Mwahahaha
    Last edited by cbxer55; 06-05-2019 at 12:14 AM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I've got a stock seat with 5/8" gel pad. Cut out foam and glued in the gel pad. Perfect condition and more comfortable than regular stock. Pay shipping and I'll send it to you
    Way to pay it forward.

I was going to just suggest buying a used one would be the best way. Or if he wanted to put a custom skin on the seat, now would be the time.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Man, you've been here since 2007 and have a whopping 30 posts. That must be some kind of new record for low posts. Mwahahaha
    na, ive been here since day one and have the lowest post #.....

Quote Originally Posted by 06MrMike View Post
    Actually, you’ve only been here longer than the member DUMP. However, your post count is not lower than his. With 513 posts in 13 years, you have an average of 39 posts per year. He has 30 posts in 12 years, which is an average of 3 posts per year...rounded to the nearest whole number. So, his total number of posts, and his yearly post average is significantly lower. Even at a quick glance, 30 posts in 12 years is significantly less than 513 posts in 13 years.

Ouch. I had some wear-tears in my car seat and had a recommended "pro" company repair it... twice, because it sucked both times and still does. Seems to me there is no reliable way to repair vinyl to any visually respectable standard - online pics of "magical" repairs strike me as total b.s.

If it were me, I might strip the covering off and vinyl-glue it with a backing on the inside to try to minimize the continuing damage or just replace it completely as was generously offered as an option.

Good luck, that's a bummer.

Way to go FC!!! 😁✋🏾✋👊🏾👊👍🏾👍🤜🏾🤛✋🏾✋. This is a perfect example of why I think we have the best Forum out there anywhere. Many folks here are not afraid or reluctance to help one another, even while offering/sacrificing items free of charge. Being a blessing to others is always a GREAT thing. I believe something good is very likely to happen to/for you soon enough Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 06MrMike View Post
    I was referring to the OP, who only has 30 posts since 2007. To think, I left here in 2008 due to a feud, and deleted every one of my then near 6000 posts. I'd be near 12,000 now. But oh well, it's not a big deal. I originally joined in May 2006. Left in 08, rejoined in Feb. 09.

I thing the OP's best choice here is to take the seat being offered. Not only is the price right, it's a gel seat now. Much more comfortable for longer rides. And watch that knife when riding the beastie.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 06-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Default Amost too generous.

That is very generous man, I read it earlier and felt like I couldn't let you do that, too generous! But after thinking about it; that would be great, could then use my stock to play around with too and that would be fun. I don't know if the seats have changed or not over the years but mine is an 07; and if it fits I'd love to take you up on the offer. I can send you money or a check or paypal you for the costs.

You can PM me, email at [email protected] or call 336-266-7261 to figure this out.

Thanks Brother,

Karl

I've got a sheepskin/gel combo I use for long trips, I'd be double gelled and super comfy!!
    Last edited by Dump; 06-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dump View Post
    That is very generous man, I read it earlier and felt like I couldn't let you do that, too generous! But after thinking about it; that would be great, could then use my stock to play around with too and that would be fun. I don't know if the seats have changed or not over the years but mine is an 07; and if it fits I'd love to take you up on the offer. I can send you money or a check or paypal you for the costs.

You can PM me, email at [email protected] or call 336-266-7261 to figure this out.

Thanks Brother,

Karl

I've got a sheepskin/gel combo I use for long trips, I'd be double gelled and super comfy!!
    The seats are interchangeable from year models 2006 to 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    The seats are interchangeable from year models 2006 to 2019.
    Agree. Only thing that really changed from year to year is the paint job.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Here's the seat. I'll text you to get zip code to figure out shipping.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Way to go FC!!! . This is a perfect example of why I think we have the best Forum out there anywhere. Many folks here are not afraid or reluctance to help one another, even while offering/sacrificing items free of charge. Being a blessing to others is always a GREAT thing. I believe something good is very likely to happen to/for you soon enough Bro.
    Thanks Bobby. We are one great community and need to help out when needed. I've gained so much from all here to be able to take care of and upgrade the bike I love that I'll pay that forward as much as I can.

Thanks Bobby. We are one great community and need to help out when needed. I've gained so much from all here to be able to take care of and upgrade the bike I love that I'll pay that forward as much as I can.

You’re awesome Bro, and I’m glad you’re a member of this Forum.😁👏🎉🏆🎉👏😁

Very Active Member

Dump, if you want to repair your seat you can buy vinyl repair in a tube at home and farm store. I saw a tube at Orschelns the other day.