Gas tank issue

Thread: Gas tank issue

Default Gas tank issue

What's up guys? Quick question. I just replaced the spark plugs on my 2012 M109. everything went well until i put my tank back on. it has a bit of play in the front. also both bushings are there too. it appears to line up fine other than the play. Thanks.
    2012 M109r LE Velocity Pro Exhaust with PC5

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If both bushings are in place and secure, and the bolt is installed at the base of the tank, then it should be fairly snug...as snug as 1 bolt and 2 bushings can hold the tank.
    I know it's happened to me that both bushings were in place when putting the tank on, but one fell out as I was sliding it on...so you would have movement in one direction, but not the other.
    If you reach under the edge of the tank when it's installed you can feel the bushings to make sure it's in place still.
    Could the bushings be worn a bit?
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

THe bushings do wear out and the tank moves a little. Mine does, it's 13 years old. Just, like was mentioned above, make sure the bushings are actually still there. Some here have put a bit of silicone adhesive on them, so they never fall off again. I'm doing it the next time I have the tank off.

These are available, if there just a little pricey for some around here.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING