PINGEL wheel Chock

Thread: PINGEL wheel Chock

Default PINGEL wheel Chock

I’m looking at installing a Pingel Wheel Chock in my 6x12 enclosed trailer but I’m not sure if I should purchase the 3.5” wide opening or the 6.5” opening wide chock.

I think the 3.5 will work but am not sure if the brake discs will be an issue?
    Any experience with these chocks?

Appreciate your input.
    Cheers,
    Paul
    SIGPIC]
    2008 Black M109R
    Prince George, BC. Canada
    MODS Begin: Speedometer Face Plate, Amsoil Full synthetic, C.W. back rest, 2'' chrome risers, Spear Air Intakes, Dunlop Elite III 250, LeatherLyke Saddlebags

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Don't know about the Pingel, I use a Baxter Trailer Sport Chock for both my Nine and my B-King. It fits the 120 front tire on my King and the same model accepts the 140 on my Nine. If you were going to go larger than a 140, you may want the larger model. I am not sure where the measurement you are referring to is taken, the bottom where the tread sits? If so, mine is likely a 3.5 model. I don't think the Baster is available wider.

Brake disc shouldn't be a problem. Neither is the longer custom fender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010007_zpsbfc34257.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	383986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010006_zps8123c14e.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	383988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010001_zpsfvrqypsg.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	383990  
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I use the 6.5” Pingel for all 3 of my bikes and it works great. I have 2 chocks and 3 mounting locations in my trailer. That way I can haul 2 bikes staggered or one bike centered. Just for reference my 9 has a 160 front tire, my Magnum has a 120 on a 21” wheel and my Concours has a 120 on a 17” wheel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Posseidon, appreciate the feedback on the Pingle. I have the stock front wheel, don’t know what I was thinking when I typed 3.5". Clearly our bikes need minimum 6.5". What I really liked was how minimal hardware remained on the floor after removing the chock.
    Cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I use the 6.5” Pingel for all 3 of my bikes and it works great. I have 2 chocks and 3 mounting locations in my trailer. That way I can haul 2 bikes staggered or one bike centered. Just for reference my 9 has a 160 front tire, my Magnum has a 120 on a 21” wheel and my Concours has a 120 on a 17” wheel.
    SIGPIC]
    2008 Black M109R
    Prince George, BC. Canada
    MODS Begin: Speedometer Face Plate, Amsoil Full synthetic, C.W. back rest, 2'' chrome risers, Spear Air Intakes, Dunlop Elite III 250, LeatherLyke Saddlebags