M109 Rider Forums banner

Deal on Tires

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  rynosback 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Ive had my nine for about about 7 months and have put over 5k miles on her. Its an 08 I purchased with 7k miles and now has over 12k. The Dunlops it came with looked new but are now bald and I didnt care for them much. Im an aggressive rider and they didnt give much confidence in corners. Obviously the bike sat for a while at some point in its life and maybe they got hard. But, I need both front and rear and want to try another brand. They are a bit pricier than I anticipated and was wondering if anyone had any sites they ordered from that had good prices before I pull the trigger on Amazon.

#4 ·
If you ride a lot, tire life means more than initial cost (esp with mounting and balancing) IMO. I'm planning on a Michelin Commander II. Touring bike tire-got 20K with life left on my touring bike-not sure how it will do on the 9, but I'd expect pretty good. Planning on giving it a try when mine are cooked.

#5 ·
I had the Michelin Cammander II's on my last 9. I loved them. The roundness of the tire made them feel better than any other tire that I have used in the corners. As for long life, I would place it around average. I put about 7k miles on mine, and it was good for probably another 1-2k when I sold it. I definitely plan on using that 240/130 combo on my Vmax when it comes time to put tires on it.

#7 ·
I have a set of Shinkos on my 9 admittedly they have only been on for about 3 weeks or so. I love them and they adhere to the road quite nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I called a few local shops for mounting and balance and they had them for the same price. So Im getting the tires thru a local shop. Maybe these guys turn out to be good and I can start a relationship with them. I do my own work for the most part, but would love a shop I can trust with my girl.

#9 ·
Dennis Kirk is legit. I bought my last set 9-2018. I found a local dealer that matches the price and I take my wheel to them for mounting and balancing for $25.

#10 ·
I bought my Shinkos through a dealer. For the pair with sales tax was 367.00 with labor, tire disposal fee and other miscellaneous shop fees was right at 500.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Unfortunately, they do not ship to the USA, due to the exorbitant customs costs, paperwork, and hassles associated with the exporting process as a business entity. I spoke to one of their CSRs, and he explained all of that to me. However, he did recommend a work-around solution for USA customers to cash in on their low costs on tires. His suggestion was for USA customers to establish an agreement with a forum member here who resides in Canada, who is willing to ship the tires to a USA address. He said the shipping cost would only be approximately $30 - $35 for 2 tires at once, which I find to be wonderful. So, someone from the USA could place an order with Pete's Superbike to have the tires delivered to someone in Canada, and that person would ensure the tires were shipped to the specified USA address provided by the buyer. Of course, the buyer would obviously send a PayPal payment to the person in Canada to cover the shipping cost. As cheap as Pete's Superbike is selling tires, it is definitely worth it to find one of our Canadian forum members who's willing to ship the tires to the USA.

#13 ·
Got the Shinkos mounted and balanced all in for right at $400. I have put some miles on them now and have zero complaints. I went from 250 to 240 and won't go back to 250. Yes it wider and looks a tad cooler but the handling on this 240 is much better. I scrape peg with ease and throw the big girl around like a sport bike now. Thanks for the help guys, found another reason to love my M109 now.

#15 ·
Glad that you like them. I loved the Dunlop tires, went through several sets of them. I think the best Corning tire for riding the twisties hard has always been Metzler. The Pirelli's have gotten really good feedback also. People scrape pegs all the way up to a 300 on the rear. Glad that you re enjoying them and tear some road up for me. :evil::doorag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.