Has anybody ever replaced his ATRE?

Thread: Has anybody ever replaced his ATRE?

Default Has anybody ever replaced his ATRE?

Hi.

I have a 2007 model M109R with 52000 miles on and my ATRE started to work bad a couple of years ago. It does not show the correct gear and in 4th gear sometimes it cuts the engine at 4509 rpm.
    It's 7 years old and I'm thinking to replace it with a new one.

Did you ever do something like that?

Thanks.
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My gear indicator is in my head. My B-King has one, and it's a six speed. I never use it. The over-the-top throttle cables cover it up in any event, can't see it. I jump from my five speed M109R to my six speed B-King and never have an issue with what gear I'm in.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    Hi.

I have a 2007 model M109R with 52000 miles on and my ATRE started to work bad a couple of years ago. It does not show the correct gear and in 4th gear sometimes it cuts the engine at 4509 rpm.

Thanks.

Shouldn't be an issue to replace it. Seems strange that it only causes the engine to cut out when it's physically 4th gear, as the ATRE "tricks" the bike into thinking it's in 4th gear all the time, regardless of the gear it's actually in. Are you sure the ATRE is the issue? Maybe just the connections?

You may have stated in another post, but is there a reason you are sticking with the ATRE as opposed to getting your ECU flashed?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have also a PowrPro black which works nicely, for the moment I do not want to flash the ECU.
    Also you still a ATRE to display the gear you're in.
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

Very Active Member

I have also a PowrPro black which works nicely, for the moment I do not want to flash the ECU.
    Also you still a ATRE to display the gear you're in.
    Ok, gotcha. You can get just the gear indicator. The GIpro DS series gear indicator or the GIpro ATRE G2 gear indicator with ATRE.

I also had a PowrPro Black, I ended up having BCS flash my ECU, night and day difference. I removed the PowrPro Black.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 05-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.

I have an 07 and had a TDE TRE. Mine has gone out a while ago. I just use it for the gear indicator also.

I was gonna try and find just a gear display and get the ECU flashed once I figure what exhaust I want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not sure which one you have. But the Gi-Pro has a button on the underside of it. Make sure it is in the correct setting. I think you can also turn off the ATRE and just have the gear you are in displayed.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I have an 07 and had a TDE TRE. Mine has gone out a while ago. I just use it for the gear indicator also.

I was gonna try and find just a gear display and get the ECU flashed once I figure what exhaust I want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

https://www.healtech-electronics.com...ts/gipro/gpdt/

Thay also could have one made by Track Day. The cost was less expensive.
    CLICK HERE

The ECU flash does interfere with CO2 emissions?

We have to be careful here in Europe ... I understand that in US there are less emissions restrictions.
    In EU they're already talking about the "Euro 5" emissions standard and electric motorcycles.

We have to be careful here in Europe ... I understand that in US there are less emissions restrictions.
    In EU they're already talking about the "Euro 5" emissions standard and electric motorcycles.
    I would say yes. As anytime you change the fuel mixture from the factory settings the exhaust will change also.
    but with an O2 sensor in the exhaust
    Last edited by rynosback; 05-27-2019 at 03:51 AM.
    CLICK HERE

Hi.

Thanks.
    If it's already not showing the correct gear, then at least disconnecting it at the GPS and putting the factory harness back to original will confirm if it was causing the cutting of the engine at 4500RPM.
    And you can inspect the connectors at the same time to make sure there are no issues, like corrosion or a loose pin.
    I wonder if with the O2 sensors you would need the Powerpro Black...my thought is that since the ECU can see the exhaust stream (unlike our 9's), then it can adjust the Air/fuel mixture to compensate for minor changes in the bike...like an intake or exhaust. Maybe not both...but hard to say how much programming adjustment room there is in the ECU.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

Very Active Member

I wouldn't think an ECU flash would change the emissions any more than the PowrPro Black does, in fact, it may even be better. In dyno posts by others, we have seen that the PowrPro is pretty terrible at maintaining a good smooth AFR during dyno runs. So you may actually have a cleaner burning motor with an ECU flash vs PowrPro. (obviously this would depend on the quality of the ECU flash) The factory O2 sensor is a narrow band sensor, so would not be able to compensate for the change in intake and exhaust and/or is only used by the ECU in a certain lower RPM range.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 05-27-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasnuke View Post
    If it's already not showing the correct gear, then at least disconnecting it at the GPS and putting the factory harness back to original will confirm if it was causing the cutting of the engine at 4500RPM.
    And you can inspect the connectors at the same time to make sure there are no issues, like corrosion or a loose pin
    I'm planning to do this soon ... I'll report back the results

And the answer was?

Sent while not riding
    Live long and ride hard \\ //

Quote Originally Posted by Sneikz View Post
    And the answer was?Sent while not riding
    Sorry, I've been out for a couple of weeks and could not check the bike.
    I did it yesterday, but then I realized that I've lost the ATRE user instructions and I can't figure out now how to reconnect the harness to its original setting (when you disconnect the ATRE's connectors).

I'm going to check the old posts here ... in the meantime, if someone could link me to the ATRE's manual (or post it here), that would be very appreciated