Stock Exhaust re fit

Thread: Stock Exhaust re fit

Default Stock Exhaust re fit

I might putting my stock exhaust back on my 109 but I’m unsure if I need to wire the exhaust servo up again or if I can leave disconnected? Is it open by default?

hope one of you guys can help, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes, open is the setting that it attains when disconnected. It's spring loaded in the open position. Were I to ever HAVE TO refit my stock exhaust, I would leave it disconnected. If for no other reason than to not hear that irritating SQUEAL every time the bike goes through the self check mode prior to starting. It's actually embarrassing in a crowd.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Yes, open is the setting that it attains when disconnected. It's spring loaded in the open position. Were I to ever HAVE TO refit my stock exhaust, I would leave it disconnected. If for no other reason than to not hear that irritating SQUEAL every time the bike goes through the self check mode prior to starting. It's actually embarrassing in a crowd.
    No need to be embarrassed, just say something like below when you start her up.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    No need to be embarrassed, just say something like below when you start her up.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks

LOL. Good one

Quote Originally Posted by Cayennepepper View Post
    I might putting my stock exhaust back on my 109 but I’m unsure if I need to wire the exhaust servo up again or if I can leave disconnected? Is it open by default?

hope one of you guys can help, thanks
    If you leave it disconnected it will throw and FI light unless you have a servo eliminator installed, or cut Pin 7 at the ECU.
    I also reverted my 9 back to the stock and plugged everything in like factory. I don't have any issues with odd noises...maybe I just don't notice it.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

On my 06, when I changed exhausts, I just pulled that wire out of the computer and put a piece of heat shrink tubing on the exposed end. I know this can't be done on the, what is it, 2010 and up models.

I want to pull the converter and exhaust valve on my B-King, but it's much more involved. Have to purchase an up pipe from some German company. Then cut the converter out with a cut-off wheel. Then the new piece just clamps on in place of the stock up pipe. But there are two o2 sensors, one before and one after the converter. What a pain in the azz.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING