Memorial Day Rides

Thread: Memorial Day Rides

Default Memorial Day Rides

Anyone riding this Memorial Day (weekend)? Anyone along The Third Coast (Gulf Coast) going for a ride?

God Bless the Vets, Especially Those That Gave All

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I hope I can ride at all, period. Weather forecast isn't very nice looking. We just had a round of very severe weather, including tornadoes, and our lakes and rivers are overflowing big time. On one river, two barges broke loose and are coasting downstream toward a dam. That dam protects a town from being flooded. They've evacuated the entire town, and told anyone that refuses to leave, to put their name and social security number on their arm with a sharpie, so they can be identified afterwards. Pretty scary stuff. Looks like more rain and severe weather the entire weekend for my location.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Headed down to Blowing Rock NC with a group of friends to spend the weekend riding in the mountains. Blowing Rock is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway just a little north of Little Switzerland. I will definitely be riding the Diamondback (226A) and the Devilís Whip (NC 80) this weekend. Canít wait! Going to be a little preview to the MAM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Headed down to Blowing Rock NC with a group of friends to spend the weekend riding in the mountains. Blowing Rock is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway just a little north of Little Switzerland. I will definitely be riding the Diamondback (226A) and the Devilís Whip (NC 80) this weekend. Canít wait! Going to be a little preview to the MAM.
    That is a nice ride. Are you going to be there on Monday? I been thinking about doing a day trip up to do the Diamondback and Devil's whip before the MAM also. For me, it would just be a day trip. Might just stay local and try to convince the wife to ride to Carolina beach on the spyder (3 hours away).
    Don't forget to give the Snake a run (421 towards Bristol).
    For the spyder rally that is held in October in Maggie Valley, we decided to stay in the Boone area this year and just ride down to Maggie Valley for 1 day. Let me know if you and Georgia are coming to that rally.
    Name:  IMG_20150815_121804498.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  41.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is a nice ride. Are you going to be there on Monday? I been thinking about doing a day trip up to do the Diamondback and Devil's whip before the MAM also. For me, it would just be a day trip. Might just stay local and try to convince the wife to ride to Carolina beach on the spyder (3 hours away).
    Don't forget to give the Snake a run (421 towards Bristol).
    For the spyder rally that is held in October in Maggie Valley, we decided to stay in the Boone area this year and just ride down to Maggie Valley for 1 day. Let me know if you and Georgia are coming to that rally.
    Name:  IMG_20150815_121804498.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  41.1 KB
    Last I heard, they lost the sponsor for the Spyder Rally and were saying itís not going to happen this year. Did something change?

We are heading home on Monday.

Last I heard, they lost the sponsor for the Spyder Rally and were saying itís not going to happen this year. Did something change?

We are heading home on Monday.
    Sponsor? What did they pay for that it is no longer going to happen? Room, board or fuel?
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I hope I can ride at all, period. Weather forecast isn't very nice looking. We just had a round of very severe weather, including tornadoes, and our lakes and rivers are overflowing big time. On one river, two barges broke loose and are coasting downstream toward a dam. That dam protects a town from being flooded. They've evacuated the entire town, and told anyone that refuses to leave, to put their name and social security number on their arm with a sharpie, so they can be identified afterwards. Pretty scary stuff. Looks like more rain and severe weather the entire weekend for my location.
    Stay safe brother.
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Sponsor? What did they pay for that it is no longer going to happen? Room, board or fuel?
    One of the local Can-Am dealers paid for the use of the fairgrounds in Maggie Valley.

One of the local Can-Am dealers paid for the use of the fairgrounds in Maggie Valley.
    That is sad that they would cancel the meet over that. I bet there are public parks with plenty of open space for free.
    CLICK HERE