2019 M109r review

Thread: 2019 M109r review

Default 2019 M109r review

I enjoyed this review article on the 9 so I thought I would share it

https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/05/ar...dition-review/

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I guess I and a bunch of other owners were trend setters back in 2006. One thing that still shocks me is they still us the cheap silver derby cover, even on the blacked out ones. Now if they really want to enhance the look even more, they need to have the visual bolts painted the color that they are surrounded by. Why have they not come out with a chromed to the gills 9? It has been 13 years now. Come on Suzuki.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I think it is pretty nice, with them expressing almost exactly the way I felt when I bought my first 06, back in 07. I had a 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC (my second bike) after feeling like my 600cc sport bike was trying to kill me. I liked the power of the sport bikes, but the more I got used to them, the more I would do bad things on it (wheelie, tires spinning, etc.). So I decided that a cruiser was for me. Even though the suzuki had 1500 cc's, it was a very weak bike, and I wanted more. The M109 had a good combination of all the characteristics that I wanted in a bike. Cruiser riding postion, but something with power, that I could get sporty on from time to time. The rest is history. After having 4 of them, it is still one of my favorite bikes, well until my last purchase.
    But still a great bike.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I bought my 06 back in July of 06, had it 13 years now and turned 35,000 miles on the last ride. Still lovin it after all these years and miles. No intention of selling it at all. So many things modded, it would never be worth selling at this point. Changed the oil in it for the umpteenth time Friday.

I wish sites like that would let you post comments without having to be logged into FakeBook. Oh well, it's their loss.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 05-21-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Suzuki must have ordered 1 million Stator covers for a better deal, and have to use them all up :)

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Suzuki must have ordered 1 million Stator covers for a better deal, and have to use them all up :)
    It's not a big deal to polish the stock one. I sanded it til the paint was gone, then hand polished it to a chrome like shine. Put a coat of wax on it and it's been good ever since. Migbht polish it once a year, if needed. But usually it's not necessary.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

back in 06 i was riding a c50, stopped by the local dealer who had a 109 on the floor.Somehow i talked them into letting me take a test ride. Ill never forget hitting second gear and having the handlebars almost rip out of my hands.I turned around and purchased the bike right then and there. Im now on my third, ive got a 2019 with 144 miles on it. Ive ridden everything you can think of in between 9's, cbr 1000, harley roadglide , suzuki bandit, yamaha fz-10 and the 109 is still the best all around bike!

Mike

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    It's not a big deal to polish the stock one. I sanded it til the paint was gone, then hand polished it to a chrome like shine. Put a coat of wax on it and it's been good ever since. Migbht polish it once a year, if needed. But usually it's not necessary.
    Or get an over the top custom one done. James Newell has done a bunch of custom stuff for me and have a couple more to come. He did my dirby cover laser etched with my family coat of arms
    The dipstick and key fob with 12 gauge casings were from him as well

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 05-21-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    I think you could be right Brad. They have to be getting close to using them all up.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Always enjoy reading "professional" reviews on our bike, and except for the past/present references, this review could have largely been written at any time since 2006. Ha.

Still wish they would refresh her a little bit with a few new things, like maybe ABS and an updated dash and a remote diagnostic app or something, but pound for pound, beyond gadgets and tech, I am of course still loving what "actually" makes it great to ride, regardless.

This line made me chuckle though:
    "The other big feature on the big M is a 240mm rear tire. Not willing to give up an ounce of cornering prowess for the sake of wide-tire style, Suzuki carefully worked with Dunlop to ^ALMOST get the profile just right." 160/250,260,280 anyone? haha.

Continues to amaze me our machines can compete and compare to brand new releases... 13 years later.

While reading the article and all of the nice compliments about the 9 I thought it was a Suzuki Paid review until I got to the part "The drive shaft sucks".