10 inch wheel

Thread: 10 inch wheel

Default 10 inch wheel

What is required to fit a 10 i9nch wheel to the M109, What mod have to be done?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you get a Coastal Moto rim, nothing. Fits right on just like the stock 8.5 does. Well, takes a lot more fooling around to get it and the requisite 280 tire onto the stock swingarm. But other than that, nothing.

Picture below is a ten inch Coastal Moto rim with a Metzeler 280/35-18 tire on a stock swingarm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3862.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	383802  
    Last edited by cbxer55; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:32 AM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    If you get a Coastal Moto rim, nothing. Fits right on just like the stock 8.5 does. Well, takes a lot more fooling around to get it and the requisite 280 tire onto the stock swingarm. But other than that, nothing.
    I agree with cbxer. I would stay with the 280 vs going to a 300. That is where a new swing arm and fender modification is needed.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post

Picture below is a ten inch Coastal Moto rim with a Metzeler 280/35-18 tire on a stock swingarm.

looks great, i was thinking of going to the 300 club. is it just a swing arm that is needed

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiM109r View Post
    looks great, i was thinking of going to the 300 club. is it just a swing arm that is needed
    If You are keeping stock suspension, the swing arm is the only part you need to buy for a 300. You will need to do some mods to the inner fender and shim what Suzuki calls the “frame handle grip” that runs along the sides of the rear fender. Any bolts that extend into the inner rear fender will need to be shortened. Especially if you run lowering bones or have an air ride suspension. Last thing you want is to have a bolt slice into your new 300 rear tire.

There is info on this in my build thread. Link to it is in my signature below.

One other thing to add. Even tho the swing arm is not needed for a 280, the 2 piece swing arm makes tire changes a lot easier!

Also, depending on which brand of 300 tire you run, you may want to shim the rear wheel to the right. The left side of most, if not all 300’s will rub on the left side of the swing arm. IIRC, DamGuy has a how to thread on here for that mod.