M109 Rider Forums banner

10 inch wheel

956 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Poseidon 
#1 ·
What is required to fit a 10 i9nch wheel to the M109, What mod have to be done?

#2 · (Edited)
If you get a Coastal Moto rim, nothing. Fits right on just like the stock 8.5 does. Well, takes a lot more fooling around to get it and the requisite 280 tire onto the stock swingarm. But other than that, nothing.

Picture below is a ten inch Coastal Moto rim with a Metzeler 280/35-18 tire on a stock swingarm.

Attachments

#3 ·
If you get a Coastal Moto rim, nothing. Fits right on just like the stock 8.5 does. Well, takes a lot more fooling around to get it and the requisite 280 tire onto the stock swingarm. But other than that, nothing.
I agree with cbxer. I would stay with the 280 vs going to a 300. That is where a new swing arm and fender modification is needed.

#6 ·
One other thing to add. Even tho the swing arm is not needed for a 280, the 2 piece swing arm makes tire changes a lot easier!

Also, depending on which brand of 300 tire you run, you may want to shim the rear wheel to the right. The left side of most, if not all 300’s will rub on the left side of the swing arm. IIRC, DamGuy has a how to thread on here for that mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.