Memphis Shades vs. Stock Suzuki Windshield

Thread: Memphis Shades vs. Stock Suzuki Windshield

Default Memphis Shades vs. Stock Suzuki Windshield

Has anyone tried a Memphis Shades windshield in place of the stock Suzuki windshield on the C109RT? I get a lot of wind buffeting with the stock Suzuki windshield. I'm 6'-2", and like to sit fairly upright. Was debating trying the Memphis windshield to improve the situation.Anybody try this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rstraub2 View Post
    Has anyone tried a Memphis Shades windshield in place of the stock Suzuki windshield on the C109RT? I get a lot of wind buffeting with the stock Suzuki windshield. I'm 6'-2", and like to sit fairly upright. Was debating trying the Memphis windshield to improve the situation.Anybody try this?
    I had a Memphis Shades, and had pretty severe buffeting. I bought a used stock windshield with lowers. the buffeting stopped. There IS a lot more "visible" windshield than i wish there was, tho. They go pretty far down the forks.

I put a Tsukayu Fairing on my bike and did a little custom work to attach the factory lowers back on. I love it. Transformed the entire bike. Does come with a drawback. At about 100mph I get the handlebar shake. With the factory windshield and lowers I could get to about 115mph. That's GPS speed not speedo display. All these bikes have a speedometer that reads about 10% high. Anyway I got over it, I shouldn't be running that fast down the highway on a 1000lbs cruiser to begin with.
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn