No brake lights

Thread: No brake lights

Default No brake lights

I just realize this morning that I do not have any break lights triggered either from the foot or the hand. Any ideas where I should look? I was trying to find a fuse diagram that may show a brake light fuse? Any advice is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Have you changed anything lately to do with tail light etc? Pulled anything apart before this happened? There's a switch to trigger on both lever and foot so it sounds like the break light wire to whatever you're using.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

In the fuse box, the 15A signal controls the horn, speedometer, turn signals, tail and brake lights. If all of these are not working, then check the fuse. If only the brake light is not working , then check your switch as previously mentioned. Here's the link for the service manual.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2zniyn4ltj

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Another more likely scenario could be you do have brake lights......and they are on all the time. (Which is why you don't see a difference when you press the brake lever)

Take off your seat, uncouple the electrical connector for the rear portion of the bike, turn on your ignition switch and test voltage between the white wire with black tracer (your brake light switch leg which is 12vdc+ when one of the brake switches are closed) and the black wire with white tracer (12vdc - or negative).

If you have 12vdc between these two conductors when NOT applying the brakes then one of your brake switches is staying closed.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Break light.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	383762  
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:38 AM.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Here is a PDF of the service manual in case you do not have one.

The complete wiring diagram is located just after page 12-10

http://www.iocr.ro/tech_zone/pdf_files/VZR1800.pdf

BCS

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Any updates on your issue?

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE