After installing PowrPro Black, getting FI light....

Thread: After installing PowrPro Black, getting FI light....

Default After installing PowrPro Black, getting FI light....

Been a long time since I have been on here as well as on my 109.

I have a 2008 and between yesterday and today I started doing some upgrades. Yesterday I installed Hard Krome Velocity Pro Short Race exhaust and after installing the FI Light came on as it should. I then installed the SUZ.EE by Vivi-Tec (solid state electronic device that plugs in where the exhaust once did instead of using the "plate" that comes with aftermarket exhaust - XHUB Servo Eliminator), The FI light then went off as it should. Today I installed Thunder MFG Tornado air intakes and finally the PowrPro Black. I did the installs in that order as well. Today after installing the PowrPro Black, the FI light came on and will not go off. I watched at initial start-up and I do have a solid red light on the controller as the instructions say I heard there were some issues of this happening with some of the controllers and I was wondering if by chance I might have one of those but have no way of knowing this for sure..... I was hoping maybe one of you have done a similar install and was able to figure out the FI light?

Thank you in advance for any assistance on this....

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Try pulling the FI code and see what the fault actually is.

Could be as simple as a connector not seating properly or possibly you pulled something loose during the install.

Either way knowing what is causing the fault would be the first step to solve it.

Attached is a link to a video that shows how to pull the code.

The bike in the video is not a M109R but the procedure is the same.

The white 6 pin plug you need to add the jumper too is under the left side cover up high by the frame rail above the ECU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeeNrhRUtcU

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 05-13-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Here is a list of possible FI codes

FI light code key:
    C00: None - No defective part
    C12: Crankshaft position sensor (CKPS) - Pick-up coil signal, Generator
    C13: Intake air pressure sensor #2 (IAPS #2) - For Front cylinder
    C14: Throttle position sensor (TPS) - (Note *1)
    C15: Engine coolant temp. sensor (ECTS)
    C17: Intake air pressure sensor #1 (IAPS #1) - For Rear cylinder
    C21: Intake air temp. sensor (IATS)
    C23: Tip-over sensor (TOS)
    C24: Ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1.1) - For Rear cylinder
    C25: Ignition signal #2 (IG coil #2.1) - For Front cylinder
    C26: Ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1.2) - For Rear cylinder
    C27: Ignition signal #2 (IG coil #2.2) - For Front cylinder
    C28: Secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA)
    C29: Secondary throttle position sensor (STPS) - (Note *2)
    C31: Gear position signal (GP switch)
    C32: Injector signal #1 (FI #1) - For Rear Cylinder
    C33: Injector signal #2 (FI #2) - For Front Cylinder
    C40: Idle speed control valve (ISC valve)
    C41: Fuel pump control system (FP control system) - Fuel Pump, Fuel Pump Relay
    C42: Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal) - Anti-theft
    C44: Heated oxygen sensor #2 (HO2S #2) - For E-02, 19, 24
    C46: Exhaust control valve actuator (EXCVA)
    C49: PAIR control solenoid valve #2 (PAIR valve #2) - Except for E-03, 28, 33
    C60: Cooling fan control system - Cooling fan relay
    C61: PAIR control solenoid valve #1 (PAIR #1)
    C64: Heated oxygen sensor #1 (HO2S #1) - For E-02, 19

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

As it is SUPER sluggish, I am hoping that what you are guessing might be the case in that one of the connectors is loose, the one between the cylinders is a bear to get to so if it's the case I am leaning towards that one, the other one up top actually clicked when seated so I am almost positive I got that one. Tonight I am going to pull the tank again to install the ATRE and Speedo Healer so I will check them at that time and hope that is the problem.... Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by wills1970 View Post
    As it is SUPER sluggish, I am hoping that what you are guessing might be the case in that one of the connectors is loose, the one between the cylinders is a bear to get to so if it's the case I am leaning towards that one, the other one up top actually clicked when seated so I am almost positive I got that one. Tonight I am going to pull the tank again to install the ATRE and Speedo Healer so I will check them at that time and hope that is the problem.... Thanks for the help.

Its only really "Help" if you actually take the advice given.

Did you pull the code so you actually "Know" what is wrong?

BCS

Hate to admit it but your initial question about a possible bad connection had me searching youtube for a video and instead of searching for the PowrPro like I have for years and not found one video, I just typed in Fuel Management for 109 and that brought up a very helpful video. I have the left one plugged in correctly, however, the right one I have plugged in down between the 2 heads which is not the correct place..... Probably why it is so sluggish now too. LOL Cobra's instructions SUCK just about like all the other manufacturer's out there... Thank goodness for this site and youtube! I am pulling the tank and air intakes off again tonight and correct the wiring and also install the Healtech speedo healer and GIPro ATRE tonight and sure that will take care of the issues and really wake it up... Also, for anyone interested in getting the Hard Krome Velocity Pro Short Race pipes, first of all it makes the bike look more like the monster that it is, however, they are LOUD! I thought it was only when you really got on it, but it is constant unless you are just at idle. It is not a bad loud it is a mean and nasty loud with muscle behind it, just in case you live in a sound restricted area as these would definitely not pass there, otherwise I am so glad I got them as the stock pipes just don't give it the sound it deserves.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by wills1970 View Post
    Hate to admit it but your initial question about a possible bad connection had me searching youtube for a video and instead of searching for the PowrPro like I have for years and not found one video, I just typed in Fuel Management for 109 and that brought up a very helpful video. I have the left one plugged in correctly, however, the right one I have plugged in down between the 2 heads which is not the correct place..... Probably why it is so sluggish now too. LOL Cobra's instructions SUCK just about like all the other manufacturer's out there... Thank goodness for this site and youtube! I am pulling the tank and air intakes off again tonight and correct the wiring and also install the Healtech speedo healer and GIPro ATRE tonight and sure that will take care of the issues and really wake it up... Also, for anyone interested in getting the Hard Krome Velocity Pro Short Race pipes, first of all it makes the bike look more like the monster that it is, however, they are LOUD! I thought it was only when you really got on it, but it is constant unless you are just at idle. It is not a bad loud it is a mean and nasty loud with muscle behind it, just in case you live in a sound restricted area as these would definitely not pass there, otherwise I am so glad I got them as the stock pipes just don't give it the sound it deserves.
    Theres really only one way to plug it in, I dont know how you could have plugged it in incorrectly. The inputs will only fit in one way.