Getting my first m109r

Thread: Getting my first m109r

Default Getting my first m109r

So after alot of research, I've settled on finally getting one. It's there any advice yall would give a first time buyer? Any common issues to look out for, any years to avoid. Any years better then others? Any advice is much appreciated. Does it have a good amount of usable power? I'd be on the interstate a lot with traffic flow being 80ish. I'd like to be able to get out of the way if I need to.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

A great bike. TONS of power and torque. At 80mph if you drop down to 3rd you'll pull away from a Hell Cat that hammers it full throttle, with proper mods that is. The bike has been the same pretty much since 2006. In 2011 Suzuki upgraded the clutch. Other than that it's only been color changes really.

Are you looking at new or used? You can find lots of used with a lot of mods done already that will save you money in adding mods yourself

Where do you live?
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:46 PM.

The upgraded clutch came in 2011 as well as a gear shift indicator on the gauges. I think that's the biggest changes.
    In Canada it might have even been 2010, since I dont believe the US got a 2010 model.
    Last edited by Sasnuke; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:45 PM.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I live in tampa FL. It's pretty flat around here and no one knows how do drive.

Glad to know it's got power like that. That was my concern with most cruisers. They have no power to get out of the way. And I don't think I'd enjoy anything under 1kccs. I don't really care about hauling ass on one as much as dealing with struggling to get to like 80 or so.

How comfortable are they at like 100 or so. Do they handle it ok? I plan on doing trips with it. That will have a lot of open road for long periods of time.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticApathy View Post
    I live in tampa FL. It's pretty flat around here and no one knows how do drive.

Glad to know it's got power like that. That was my concern with most cruisers. They have no power to get out of the way. And I don't think I'd enjoy anything under 1kccs. I don't really care about hauling ass on one as much as dealing with struggling to get to like 80 or so.

How comfortable are they at like 100 or so. Do they handle it ok? I plan on doing trips with it. That will have a lot of open road for long periods of time.
    It is a muscle cruiser and not really the greatest bike in the world for cross country rides, but if you set them up right it can be done.

You will want a good seat with backrest, risers, hwy pegs and throttle lock for that kind of riding.

You can set your throttle lock at 100 mph and it cruise down the road like that all day long.....no problem.

I live about an hour north of you in Crystal River.

Not sure what year you are looking for or what you want to spend but I know of a very nice M109R for sale right now.

I will post a link to it for you in a moment.

BCS

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

This is a really nice 2007, well cared for with lots of chrome added and some nice mods.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2854624602217/

I have seen this bike up close and it is nice.

I think he is moving out of the country is why he is selling, so if you are interested shoot him an offer.

There are many more to choose from on FB Market Place, Craigslist and Cycle Trader also.

BCS

Thank you, I'll take a look at it. I need something sporty. And I hate HD. So I was stuck with a vmax or this. Regular cruisers really don't appeal to me. I was thinking of a decent windshield maybe some longer handle bars, a heal tow shifter. And just sit back and go. I got friends that take longer trips and I don't like missing out of them.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticApathy View Post
    Thank you, I'll take a look at it. I need something sporty. And I hate HD. So I was stuck with a vmax or this. Regular cruisers really don't appeal to me. I was thinking of a decent windshield maybe some longer handle bars, a heal tow shifter. And just sit back and go. I got friends that take longer trips and I don't like missing out of them.
    Like BCS said. easy to make it comfortable for long rides. I rode last summer holiday about 4K miles and lots of 8 plus hour days. No aches or pains at all. Very comfy. I have same Corbin seat as BCS with removable backrest that is a must for long day rides. ALso 2" longer risers and 3" forward controls. Windshield is Vstream Tall and Rifle lowers setup really blocks the wind nicely