Crooked handlebars? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crooked handlebars?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    FYI...Iím not trying to burst your bubble, but your comment about 2009 being the last year the Tach was outside of the headlight nacelle is totally incorrect. In 2010, Suzuki produced a black/blue standard version of the M109R, with the Tach clearly located outside of the headlight nacelle. In 2010, they also produced an M109R LE version, which was black w/micro flakes in the paint and an orange LE stripe, and the Tach was clearly located inside the headlight nacelle. Do some research, and youíll see lots of pics and write ups about the 2010 M109R standard version plastered all over the internet. In addition, there were even a few members here who purchased the 2010 M109R standard version with Tach located outside the headlight nacelle.
    Incorrect maybe for the US, but up here in Canada, all 2010's had the tach in the nacelle.

Around that time, I also remember hearing that the US had lots of leftovers so maybe they were sold in 2010 but were actually leftovers?

As a sanity check, I just browsed through the Canada wide classifieds (kijiji which is our equivalent of Craigslist) and sure enough, all 2010 had the nacelle mounted tachs...

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Stav

Quote Originally Posted by punkbober View Post
    Where are you located or txt me at
    1 289 879 0062

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

King road & Keele,3 light east of 400
    Stav

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Incorrect maybe for the US, but up here in Canada, all 2010's had the tach in the nacelle.

Around that time, I also remember hearing that the US had lots of leftovers so maybe they were sold in 2010 but were actually leftovers?

As a sanity check, I just browsed through the Canada wide classifieds (kijiji which is our equivalent of Craigslist) and sure enough, all 2010 had the nacelle mounted tachs...
    Thatís probably where our information and comments differ. Youíre referring to Canadian production and sales, and Iím referring to the U.S. As for any leftover 09í models being sold in 2010, itís very possible, as that is usually the case for every year model...some arenít sold until a year or two later. Nevertheless, there were 2010 model M109R bikes produces and sold in the U.S. with the Tach located outside the headlight nacelle...just like the 06í to 09í models.

I thought the US didn't get any 2010 models? I thought all our bikes sold in 2010 were leftover models from the previous years. Which would go a long way in explaining the differences of the tach mount.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Here's an old thread. of interest is post #4. Date of the thread is October 2009.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...9R+U.S.+models

The 2010 will be the left over 2009 with the date on the plate changed
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Another thread on the subject. https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...9R+U.S.+models

The gist of it is that dealers would be getting leftover 08 and 09 models that didn't sell in other states. And that Suzuki would regroup in 2011.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 05-10-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Lots of threads on the subject of the 2010 models. From another thread, dated March 2010.
    A very large dealer here told me last Friday that Suzuki was supposed to release the 2011 models early this year, around June or July, since they weren't releasing the 2010models in the U.S. They bought all the 2009 inventory they could get and probably had a dozen or more M109R's and 6 or 8 C109's. The floor was packed with bikes, and it's a huge dealership.

Thread.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Here's an old thread. of interest is post #4. Date of the thread is October 2009.

[/COLOR]
    I can understand the leftover 2009s being sold in 2010, because that happens every year with most vehicle manufacturers and dealerships. However, I canít believe that it would be legal to change the production date of a vehicle to make it seem as if it was a newer year model. That sounds like it would be a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. In addition, Suzuki advertised the 2010 M109R all over the internet, for sales in the U.S., which makes no sense as to why they be so public with announcing a 2010 model, If in fact it was nothing more than a hoax, because they had merely change the production dates on the plates of those bikes.

Very Active Member

That's what I remembered, but didn't feel like digging to find those posts... But yeah, the US didn't get 2010 models, aside maybe from the LE models.

Anyhoo, that's not important, let's get back to the subject at hand and get those handlebars un-crooked!!!

M

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    That's what I remembered, but didn't feel like digging to find those posts... But yeah, the US didn't get 2010 models, aside maybe from the LE models.Anyhoo, that's not important, let's get back to the subject at hand and get those handlebars un-crooked!!!M
    Sounds good Bro. I really like the custom Tach Bar Mount you guys came up with.