Pair Valve Mod

Thread: Pair Valve Mod

Default Pair Valve Mod

I have just installed Cobra pipes. Do I need to do the pair valve mod. Or do you only do it if you are getting back firing or popping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

You don't have to do it. Do you have any other mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    You don't have to do it. Do you have any other mod?
    Hi Psycho1000R

I have stock bows which are opened up by ducks with K&N filters, Power Commander V. Just taken off stocked pipes and replacing with Cobra Swept pipes. Going to get bike dyno turned once things are back together.
    Last edited by RR; 04-27-2019 at 07:11 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    Hi Psycho1000R

I have stock bows which are opened up by ducks with K&N filters, Power Commander V. Just taken off stocked pipes and replacing with Cobra Swept pipes. Going to get bike dyno turned once things are back together.

Popping or not......you will want to have your Pair capped off before you dyno the bike, otherwise you are adding air into the exhaust which is going to make the O2 sniffer register a leaner AFR number than actual.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Popping or not......you will want to have your Pair capped off before you dyno the bike, otherwise you are adding air into the exhaust which is going to make the O2 sniffer register a leaner AFR number than actual.

BCS
    Thanks mate.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post

BCS
    I keep putting off installing mine, its sitting in the garage next to my bike but I keep forgetting lol.
    I'm just saying you dont "have" to do it immediately. I had no idea PaiR would affect a dyno tune.

I'd be more inclined to do a an ECU tune or any EFI before worrying about Pair mod.

I've had my 06 thirteen years, and a 2-into-1 exhaust since 2010. After market intakes since the second week I owned it. Never done the Pair valve mod. Yeah, it pops once in a while after a really healthy dose of full throttle to high rpm's, let off the throttle to shift into second, POP! I wear ear plugs, so I really don't care.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING