New battery= more pep...?

Thread: New battery= more pep...?

Default New battery= more pep...?

Installed a odyssey pc535 today after the 7 year old original battery was making preparations for leaving me in my time of need:) After shaving the sides i cleaned the cables up and got rid of some unnecessary wiring cranked it up and headed out from work. I thought it ran well before but this thing runs lile a raped ape now. I never did a voltage test on it with the old battery but apparently it wasn’t throwing as hot of a spark as it was supposed to. It never missed or spit or sputtered before but a new battery woke it back up. Anyone else run into this before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

A battery does nothing while the bike is running except for keeping it charged. It's only there to start the bike. Not sure why you would think there is any form of performance improvement from it.

BTW ... I have a '07 with the stock battery and it is still going strong. A few days prior to my spring setup I'll put a trickle charge on it. It starts up like a charm every spring. Mind you, I have been looking at getting another battery as not to push my luck.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Quote Originally Posted by 84yota View Post
    Installed a odyssey pc535 today after the 7 year old original battery was making preparations for leaving me in my time of need:) After shaving the sides i cleaned the cables up and got rid of some unnecessary wiring cranked it up and headed out from work. I thought it ran well before but this thing runs lile a raped ape now. I never did a voltage test on it with the old battery but apparently it wasn’t throwing as hot of a spark as it was supposed to. It never missed or spit or sputtered before but a new battery woke it back up. Anyone else run into this before?
    IMHO

Not to be the smart ass, I personally think it is "Placebo"

effect ...For the exact reason the above member wrote...

The charging system looks after your bikes power

consumption, after you start it and drive....
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Nope, sorry not going to increase the power. Now if you replaced it before riding for the first time this year maybe you forgot how bad ass these bike are. But otherwise, not gonna happen!

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!