Problem with power when riding

Thread: Problem with power when riding

Default Problem with power when riding

Hello.
    I have M109R 2006, custom bobber style. Some days before during working in the workshop on my bike there was another m109r but 2011.
    During the talks about motorcycles the guy said that his bike m109r 2011 has so good torque and he even race with sport bikes.
    Because my bike has no such enormous power for racing with sport bikes I was a little surprised. Then we changed are motorcycles for a test. His m109r was accelerating very smooth and with very good torque, despite of mine.
    It seems that there is a problem with my bike to achieve it's maximum power even in a full throttle. So I went in the garage for a maintenance. we have checked the fuel pump in the fuel tank and it's filters, also cleaned up the fuel nozzles. After this the motorcycle I was better while riding but not like the other's guy motorcycle.
    Any suggestions what to do to improve it ?
    I attach a picture of my bike to take a look if this will help determine the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_8974707536955151331_1555823800148.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	383400  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Looks like you still have stock pipes on your bike (that are cut down).......do you know if you have a fuel tuner installed on the bike or not?

BCS

Maybe you can post a list of mods on the bike that are not cosmetic...or just include all the mods so nothing is missed.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Old enough to be fuel filter. I've had issues on bikes when it's a bike been sitting for a long time. Spark plugs, fuel filter

Very Active Member

I had a problem with the power of my Nine today. I discovered that I had my clodhopper on the brake pedal.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Looks like you still have stock pipes on your bike (that are cut down).......do you know if you have a fuel tuner installed on the bike or not?

BCS
    I don't know. It just doesn't go with the power of 125hp, it is like power of 80-90hp....

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Old enough to be fuel filter. I've had issues on bikes when it's a bike been sitting for a long time. Spark plugs, fuel filter
    Fuel filter has been cleaned via ultrasound. It got better performance definitely, but it is still not enough. About spark plugs...if that was problem, wouldn't the engine work with tears? The burning process (if bad electricity or Sparks) doesn't like to has interruptions

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by himmlerthird View Post
    I don't know. It just doesn't go with the power of 125hp, it is like power of 80-90hp....
    There are very few out there making 125 hp .......and you are not going to be one of them with that set up.

Stock bike is going make somewhere around 100 - 105 hp.

Pop off your seat and side covers to see what fuel management device is on the bike if any......this may tell you a lot, depending on what you find.

BCS