EXCELLENT DEAL FOR A GREAT M109R BATTERY

Thread: EXCELLENT DEAL FOR A GREAT M109R BATTERY

Default EXCELLENT DEAL FOR A GREAT M109R BATTERY

I was doing some internet surfing today and just happened to look at batteries offered for our M109R bikes. I came across an excellent AGM Battery thatís the absolute best deal Iíve ever seen for a quality, well-specíd battery for the M109R. Itís equivalent to the MotoBatt MBTX-16U battery, with 230 CCAs, two battery posts instead of four, and costs approximately 1/3rd the cost of the MBTX-16U battery...at only $37.99 (with free shipping from Edison, NJ.

Hereís the link to the eBay ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mighty-Max-...9/382109404724

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

That is not a bad deal and price at all for $37 and even more so when you can get a 3-year SquareTrade warranty for only $4 so even if the battery is only one year they'll replace it or give you your money back for 3-year coverage for only 4 bucks

Have one in the shop right now that failed after 4 months. Owner is still dealing with the warranty side of things.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Weedahoe View Post
    That is not a bad deal and price at all for $37 and even more so when you can get a 3-year SquareTrade warranty for only $4 so even if the battery is only one year they'll replace it or give you your money back for 3-year coverage for only 4 bucks
    Wow, that make the deal even more sweet. I donít need a battery right now. But, whenever I do, Iíll definitely be looking to purchase one of these batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Have one in the shop right now that failed after 4 months. Owner is still dealing with the warranty side of things.
    Hey Matt, how are you Bro? I hope and trust all is well. Iíll be calling you soon with a question regarding the headlight on my black M109R.

Regarding the customerís battery you mentioned above, first and foremost, I hope he is able to get it replaced through his warranty. However, my first thoughts were...how was the battery maintained after the customer installed it in his bike? Does he have any additional components wired up that could be draining the battery? And, does he live in a region that typically has pretty cold winters? If he didnít routinely keep the battery on a charger during the cold winter months, I think it would be totally conceivable and expected that it failed in such a short period of time. Iím guilty of having done that myself, on more than one occasion over the years...even with at least 3 MOTOBATT MBTX-16U batteries. I think too many of us bike owners feel that once we install a new battery in a bike we donít necessarily have to worry about it, or maintain it after that...at least for a while. However, thatís not true at all, especially in cold weather conditions. Unfortunately, Iíve had to learn that lesson the hard way, because I didnít want to believe a brand new battery (MOTOBATT especially) could fail in just a few cold months. Iím pretty confident that if the battery I posted here (or most any battery for the most part), is taken care of properly it should last for a pretty long time.

After I saw this post I went to battery reviews .
    This battery got excellent reveiws
    with 7% failure rate.(thatís about normal)MotoBatt batteryís 14% failure rate
    For 37 bucks canít beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post
    After I saw this post I went to battery reviews .
    This battery got excellent reveiws
    with 7% failure rate.(thatís about normal)MotoBatt batteryís 14% failure rate
    For 37 bucks canít beat it.
    I mainly looked at and compared the specs of the Mighty Max vs MotoBatt battery, and I found them to be very comparable. So, I concluded that for 1/3rd the cost it was at least worth a try. Rather than keep that information to myself, I posted it with the hopes and intent that it might help several members of the forum who are in need of a battery replacement at this time.

My thought is, if the purchaser maintains the battery properly, it will be just as reliable and long-lasting as a MotoBatt or any other battery out there. Thereís really no reason to doubt itís a very good battery.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I mainly looked at and compared the specs of the Mighty Max vs MotoBatt battery, and I found them to be very comparable. So, I concluded that for 1/3rd the cost it was at least worth a try. Rather than keep that information to myself, I posted it with the hopes and intent that it might help several members of the forum who are in need of a battery replacement at this time.

My thought is, if the purchaser maintains the battery properly, it will be just as reliable and long-lasting as a MotoBatt or any other battery out there. Thereís really no reason to doubt itís a very good battery.
    Just bought one...I'll let you know how it works!