M109 Rider Forums banner

Please Help With Torque Spec For 2 Piece Swing Arm

732 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RR 
#1 ·
I have just received this 2 piece swing arm from Meancycles. Does anyone know the I have just received this swing arm from you. Could you please tell me what is the torque spec for the two bolts that hold the last arm you install.
Regards Roy for the two bolts that hold this arm on. See Pic
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Machine Tool

Regards Roy

See less See more
#4 ·
RR, I dont have the specs off hand, but I wanted to ask you about the arm and maybe offer some words of advice. I have the Swampworks arm and its the same design. The 3 bolts (1 pinch bolt and 2 large securing bolts.) that came with my arm and attach it to the rest of the swing arm were black allen head bolts, are yours the same?

If so, I would highly reccomend you swap them out for a set of grade 5 or grade 8 bolts. I went with standard hex headed ones on my bike as I couldnt find any in the same configuration. I was warned by another rider to swap them out as his brok off in the arm and required a machinest to extract it. Those bolts tend to rust badly and seize into the hols. Mine have only been on for a season and they were rusting halfway down the threads when removed.

Just a tip while your installing!

:bigthumbsup:

#5 ·
RR, I dont have the specs off hand, but I wanted to ask you about the arm and maybe offer some words of advice. I have the Swampworks arm and its the same design. The 3 bolts (1 pinch bolt and 2 large securing bolts.) that came with my arm and attach it to the rest of the swing arm were black allen head bolts, are yours the same?

If so, I would highly reccomend you swap them out for a set of grade 5 or grade 8 bolts. I went with standard hex headed ones on my bike as I couldnt find any in the same configuration. I was warned by another rider to swap them out as his brok off in the arm and required a machinest to extract it. Those bolts tend to rust badly and seize into the hols. Mine have only been on for a season and they were rusting halfway down the threads when removed.

Just a tip while your installing!

:bigthumbsup:
Thanks mate. Yes they are the same and will upgrade the bolts. Thanks for the heads up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.