Rear rotor removal
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rear rotor removal

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pennsauken NJ
    Posts
    4

    Default Rear rotor removal

    About to send rim's out to be chromed. How do I remove front and rear rotor? A detailed explanation or video would be a BIG help. Thanks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    rotors are easy. Just get the proper sized metric allen key. I just changed mine from stock rim to new 21" rim. Just make sure it's the right size so you don't strip them and good quality hardened steel. DON'T BUY CHEAP CRAP ONES

    In the USA finding metric quality tools may be the hardest part

  4. #3
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Also make sure they are aware to mask off the inner hubs or they won't fit afterwards. Also the rear rim has the cush drive assembly on the inner rim and needs to be untouched with powder coating

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    I need to change my rear eventually, and Judah told me I could do it without removing the rim/tire from the bike. Lift up on jack til wheel is just barely touching the ground, take the caliper off, slide the axle bolt out a little, remove the rotor, put new one on, slide axle back home, install caliper and drop bike off lift.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  7. #5
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    The OP said in another thread that he did remove the bolts that hold the rotor to the rim but still could not get the rotor off.

    Sometimes you have to persuade them with a little love tap or pop them off with a bit of leverage.

    BCS

  8. #6
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I need to change my rear eventually, and Judah told me I could do it without removing the rim/tire from the bike. Lift up on jack til wheel is just barely touching the ground, take the caliper off, slide the axle bolt out a little, remove the rotor, put new one on, slide axle back home, install caliper and drop bike off lift.
    Of course you have to remove the rotor bolts first, so you’re able to remove the rotors. But yes, it can be done like that.

  9. #7
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Of course you have to remove the rotor bolts first, so you’re able to remove the rotors. But yes, it can be done like that.
    Aw gee ma, do I really? Thought I could remove the rotors with the bolts still in place!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  10. #8
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Aw gee ma, do I really? Thought I could remove the rotors with the bolts still in place!
    I know you knew that Rob. It was intended for “some others” who might have taken your previous the post out of context, or misinterpreted it.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I know you knew that Rob. It was intended for “some others” who might have taken your previous the post out of context, or misinterpreted it.
    Without making mountains......the OP had posted in another tread that he already removed all 6 bolts but still could not get the rotor off.

    I am not the smartest of men.....but i assumed that he already had the rim off the bike and he is simply wanting to know why the Rotor will still not separate from the rim.

    I am sure it is possible I am "misinterpreting" this.....but I don't believe I am.

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346292

    BCS

  12. #10
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Without making mountains......the OP had posted in another tread that he already removed all 6 bolts but still could not get the rotor off.

    I am not the smartest of men.....but i assumed that he already had the rim off the bike and he is simply wanting to know why the Rotor will still not separate from the rim.

    I am sure it is possible I am "misinterpreting" this.....but I don't believe I am.

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346292

    BCS
    Charles, come on man. My previous post here had nothing at all to do with YOU misinterpreting anything. I hadn’t even considered you when I posted that response. In fact, my intent was to prevent anyone at all from taking Rob’s comments vaguely, as the method I informed him about is one I know of that can be used if/when someone doesn’t want to remove the entire wheel and tire from the Swing Arm area. I was reponding to Rob regarding something him and I had conversed about months ago, via text...and you took my comments to “him” as a personal attack toward you? I don’t get it Bro. I was 100% clear that the OP had already removed his wheel, but was having trouble removing the rotor. I had previously read his other post as well. I wasn’t even commenting about the OP’s situation at the point I responded to Rob.

    Have a good one Bro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •