Rear rotor removal

Thread: Rear rotor removal

Default Rear rotor removal

About to send rim's out to be chromed. How do I remove front and rear rotor? A detailed explanation or video would be a BIG help. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

rotors are easy. Just get the proper sized metric allen key. I just changed mine from stock rim to new 21" rim. Just make sure it's the right size so you don't strip them and good quality hardened steel. DON'T BUY CHEAP CRAP ONES

In the USA finding metric quality tools may be the hardest part

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Also make sure they are aware to mask off the inner hubs or they won't fit afterwards. Also the rear rim has the cush drive assembly on the inner rim and needs to be untouched with powder coating

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I need to change my rear eventually, and Judah told me I could do it without removing the rim/tire from the bike. Lift up on jack til wheel is just barely touching the ground, take the caliper off, slide the axle bolt out a little, remove the rotor, put new one on, slide axle back home, install caliper and drop bike off lift.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

The OP said in another thread that he did remove the bolts that hold the rotor to the rim but still could not get the rotor off.

Sometimes you have to persuade them with a little love tap or pop them off with a bit of leverage.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I need to change my rear eventually, and Judah told me I could do it without removing the rim/tire from the bike. Lift up on jack til wheel is just barely touching the ground, take the caliper off, slide the axle bolt out a little, remove the rotor, put new one on, slide axle back home, install caliper and drop bike off lift.
    Of course you have to remove the rotor bolts first, so you’re able to remove the rotors. But yes, it can be done like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Of course you have to remove the rotor bolts first, so you’re able to remove the rotors. But yes, it can be done like that.
    Aw gee ma, do I really? Thought I could remove the rotors with the bolts still in place!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Aw gee ma, do I really? Thought I could remove the rotors with the bolts still in place!
    I know you knew that Rob. It was intended for “some others” who might have taken your previous the post out of context, or misinterpreted it.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I know you knew that Rob. It was intended for “some others” who might have taken your previous the post out of context, or misinterpreted it.
    Without making mountains......the OP had posted in another tread that he already removed all 6 bolts but still could not get the rotor off.

I am not the smartest of men.....but i assumed that he already had the rim off the bike and he is simply wanting to know why the Rotor will still not separate from the rim.

I am sure it is possible I am "misinterpreting" this.....but I don't believe I am.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346292

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Without making mountains......the OP had posted in another tread that he already removed all 6 bolts but still could not get the rotor off.

I am not the smartest of men.....but i assumed that he already had the rim off the bike and he is simply wanting to know why the Rotor will still not separate from the rim.

I am sure it is possible I am "misinterpreting" this.....but I don't believe I am.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346292

BCS
    Charles, come on man. My previous post here had nothing at all to do with YOU misinterpreting anything. I hadn’t even considered you when I posted that response. In fact, my intent was to prevent anyone at all from taking Rob’s comments vaguely, as the method I informed him about is one I know of that can be used if/when someone doesn’t want to remove the entire wheel and tire from the Swing Arm area. I was reponding to Rob regarding something him and I had conversed about months ago, via text...and you took my comments to “him” as a personal attack toward you? I don’t get it Bro. I was 100% clear that the OP had already removed his wheel, but was having trouble removing the rotor. I had previously read his other post as well. I wasn’t even commenting about the OP’s situation at the point I responded to Rob.

Have a good one Bro.