Medium Loud Exhaust?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medium Loud Exhaust?

Default Medium Loud Exhaust?

Thanks for stopping to read!

I was hoping you fine folks could give me suggestions for aftermarket exhausts that are black that are "medium looud." I know that's crazy subjective, so to help, I want a deeper tone with a few more decibels than the stock exhaust (maybe 10 dB I guess). The HK Sideburner is way way too loud. This is the only one I've heard in person to give a comparison of what I don't want.

There should be a video of the 9 illustrating how loud 5+ exhausts are (including stock). That would be handy.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Hard Krome Velocity VPR. Loud is subjective. I think its on the higher side of medium loud lol. But not obnoxious.

https://youtu.be/ajxwIPBrG_4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20190311_211017_1554332655542.jpg†
Views:	39†
Size:	44.2 KB†
ID:	382986

Perhaps the Cobra Tri Pro exhaust would meet your needs. Itís a very nice looking exhaust, and it has a bit of a deep rumble, but not as deep or loud as the HK SideBurner or Velocity Pro.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Hard Krome Velocity VPR. Loud is subjective. I think its on the higher side of medium loud lol. But not obnoxious.

https://youtu.be/ajxwIPBrG_4
    Psycho, I almost started to suggest the VPR Short Exhaust, but I think it’s going to be louder than what he’s looking for. Additionally, the VPR Short exhaust will become even louder and deeper sounding after it had been broken in a bit.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

VPR is definitely not medium loud.......or at least mine is not, its loud.
    The longer version of the Velocity Pro will probably seem more tolerable for the rider though since the outlet is well past the rider location on full length exhaust compared to shorter exhaust.

Cobra TRI PRO would probably meet your criteria, it has a nice sound and is what I would consider medium loud.
    Not sure if this exhaust is even available new any longer though. You may only be able to find a use one.

The Freedom Combat exhaust is available new and is very similar to the TRI PRO but muffler is a bit different. Maybe you can find a sound bite of that one to listen to.

Cobra Swept Exhaust is also another that is not obnoxiously loud and looks great on the M109R.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 04-03-2019 at 10:50 PM.

im looking into the roadburner velocity pro.

http://www.roadburner.com/motorcycle...st.php?rbID=78

Seems to sound good...i googled it and found some vids.

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

I thought the Hard Krome discontinued production or the name of the RoadBurner exhaust, and now itís called the Hard Krome Velocity Pro Full Length exhaust.

I have a shortened side burner and I made my own baffle for it. It's got the look I wanted without bleeding ear drums.

-Josh

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

So are we saying (?), from user perspectives, from quietest to loudest:

. Stock
    . Cobra Tri Pro
    . Cobra Swept?
    . Velocity Pro (long)
    . Velocity Pro Race (short)
    . Freedom Combat (isnt this quite loud?)
    . Sideburner
    . Scorpion tips on cut back stock
    . Dumps

We really need to pick a dB app and each start testing these things to at least get some sort of baseline!
    Last edited by NoSetFine; 04-07-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    So are we saying (?), from user perspectives, from quietest to loudest:

. Stock
    . Cobra Tri Pro
    . Cobra Swept?
    . Velocity Pro (long)
    . Velocity Pro Race (short)
    . Freedom Combat (isnt this quite loud?)
    . Sideburner
    . Scorpion tips on cut back stock
    . Dumps

We really need to pick a dB app and each start testing these things to at least get some sort of baseline!
    You've got it about right. The Scorpion Tips are obnoxiously loud and also not deep but mid range twacky sounding. I have a DB app on my phone but not sure how accurate it is.

Freedom Combat sound great on YouTube but never heard them in real life. They look like they stick out quite far too
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 04-07-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Yes, please do this!

How about Revo Mega 4Ē slip on muffler or Revo Cannon Monster 6Ē? Did anyone come across them? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    How about Revo Mega 4Ē slip on muffler or Revo Cannon Monster 6Ē? Did anyone come across them? Any thoughts?

I had the Revo Cannon Monster 6" on my previous 109. It's expensive and and very deep sounding. So much so that with my full-face helmet it would drone terribly at lower rpm. Sounded pretty good while on the gas, but I couldn't stand the droning. If you don't wear a full-face helmet, it may not bother you. Also, the welds for the heat shield broke on mine in a very short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post
    I had the Revo Cannon Monster 6" on my previous 109. It's expensive and and very deep sounding. So much so that with my full-face helmet it would drone terribly at lower rpm. Sounded pretty good while on the gas, but I couldn't stand the droning. If you don't wear a full-face helmet, it may not bother you. Also, the welds for the heat shield broke on mine in a very short period of time.
    You would think that with price comes quality.
    Would you consider it loud?

I found this video. I like the sound but cannot really tell if itís extra loud or something I can live with.
    http://youtu.be/cWi8HJp-3XU

Very Active Member

I found this video. I like the sound but cannot really tell if itís extra loud or something I can live with.
    http://youtu.be/cWi8HJp-3XU

This exhaust it no longer made.

My bad! I thought that this is the same as REVO M109R M1800R VZR180 MEGA 4″ Slip-On Mufflers. But I guess that was whole exhaust system. And they only sell slip-one muffler. It might sound similar?

Very Active Member

You would think that with price comes quality.
    Would you consider it loud?

It wasn't bad as far as being loud (for the rider) because it's a full length exhaust that exits at the rear of the bike, it was just the "boominess" that caused the droning that drove me nuts. But don't expect to be able to start the bike early in the morning and not be heard several houses away.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 04-12-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    im looking into the roadburner velocity pro.

http://www.roadburner.com/motorcycle...st.php?rbID=78

Seems to sound good...i googled it and found some vids.

So did you guys say this exhaust is no longer made or the company sucks? I guess i got a little confused?

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    So did you guys say this exhaust is no longer made or the company sucks? I guess i got a little confused?
    That exhaust is still made......its just no longer made by RoadBurner......Now the exhaust same exhaust is made by HardKrome.

It is a nice exhaust, I have the same exhaust on my bike but in the short version.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=222928

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=219927

BCS

I've had a Cobra Tri Pro since they became available in 2010. Love it. Louder than stock, doesn't necessarily require ear plugs. I do wear them usually, for wind noise. And my B-king is fairly loud with the Yoshimura exhaust, so ear plugs are just something I'm used to wearing when I ride. Don't have much hearing left, have to protect what little I have.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

What kind of tuning if any did you do after installing new exhaust system? Did any one install dynojet power commander or similar device?

Very Active Member

What kind of tuning if any did you do after installing new exhaust system? Did any one install dynojet power commander or similar device?

You can search this forum and find quite a few details on this subject. But the general consensus is that you do not need a tuner if you only change the exhaust or the intake, you would need to look at some type of tuner/ECU flash if you change both.

In my opinion, the best option would be to have your ECU flashed. If you decide to go the ECU flash route, contact Bering C Sparky (a few posts up), his flashes are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post
    You can search this forum and find quite a few details on this subject. But the general consensus is that you do not need a tuner if you only change the exhaust or the intake, you would need to look at some type of tuner/ECU flash if you change both.

In my opinion, the best option would be to have your ECU flashed. If you decide to go the ECU flash route, contact Bering C Sparky (a few posts up), his flashes are excellent.
    Thanks Kratos109, Iíll contact Bering C Sparky and check what are my options.

Is their also somebody with the miller el grande exhaust? https://www.miller-custombike.de/ind...el-grande.html
    I’m wondering how they will sound. I just bought a 2016 boss edition and will pick up the bike on Saturday. I really like the view of the el grande exhaust but it’s very expensive.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makkievld View Post
    Is their also somebody with the miller el grande exhaust? https://www.miller-custombike.de/ind...el-grande.html
    Iím wondering how they will sound. I just bought a 2016 boss edition and will pick up the bike on Saturday. I really like the view of the el grande exhaust but itís very expensive.

Looks cool. Can't red up on it as it's in German

These are not to loud.
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	4.jpg†
Views:	144†
Size:	62.9 KB†
ID:	383966

Quote Originally Posted by Makkievld View Post
    Iím wondering how they will sound. I just bought a 2016 boss edition and will pick up the bike on Saturday. I really like the view of the el grande exhaust but itís very expensive.
    (Google English Version)

(YT Vid Sound Bite)

AGREED! The Miller's are super sexy imho, and great sound but seem to do some voodoo the standard "dumps" do not, allowing for that awesome sound without the untempered explosions. I really like the "dumps" look, but the standard ones are simply way too loud for me and the Miller's are just crazy expensive. Too bad.
    Last edited by NoSetFine; 05-31-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Cobra Street Rod Exhaust System. Loud, but not obnoxious at all.