Medium Loud Exhaust? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medium Loud Exhaust?

Hey there. I’ll throw my vote in for the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius w/quiet baffles..

I initially went from stock to Turnas Dump Pipes and enjoyed those for about 6 months. They ended up wearing me down though. They are ridiculously loud and drone in a few spots on the power band. I got tired of having to wear ear plugs underneath my Shoei Neotec II so I decided to change it up.

The Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius with the quiet baffle inserts are PERFECT and I believe are the exact sound you might be looking for. They’re tame in lower RPMs but definitely have a roar once you crack open the throttle. The quiet baffles soften the harsher tones you would get using straight baffles. The pitch is a little higher that I would prefer, but still deep enough to be satisfying. I have not heard a drone in any gear or RPM. Quiet enough to hear my music over the SENA, but loud enough to fit the bikes character. I’m VERY pleased with this change.

Good luck! Ride safe..

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    That exhaust is still made......its just no longer made by RoadBurner......Now the exhaust same exhaust is made by HardKrome.

It is a nice exhaust, I have the same exhaust on my bike but in the short version.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=222928

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=219927

BCS

Same one I have too! Mine is the longer one!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

While we are on the subject, before I bought mine an exhaust was the first thing of to dos on the list, BUT, when I bought mine I absolutely loved the sound of the stock pipes, I dont know if they ever changed them over the years but my 2014 LE is pretty damn loud and has a real deep tone, thats with totally stock piped and yes, they have not been spiked.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    im looking into the roadburner velocity pro.

http://www.roadburner.com/motorcycle...st.php?rbID=78

Seems to sound good...i googled it and found some vids.

I second this!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

i have the freedom 2 into 1 turnout and im super pleased with it. it's basically the combat system with a spendy turnout tip. comes with a baffle. that's one to check out too. not obnoxiously loud. just a good throaty rumble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200604_145912_1598293489326.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	389592  

Quote Originally Posted by Sean2988 View Post
    Hey there. I’ll throw my vote in for the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius w/quiet baffles..

I initially went from stock to Turnas Dump Pipes and enjoyed those for about 6 months. They ended up wearing me down though. They are ridiculously loud and drone in a few spots on the power band. I got tired of having to wear ear plugs underneath my Shoei Neotec II so I decided to change it up.

The Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius with the quiet baffle inserts are PERFECT and I believe are the exact sound you might be looking for. They’re tame in lower RPMs but definitely have a roar once you crack open the throttle. The quiet baffles soften the harsher tones you would get using straight baffles. The pitch is a little higher that I would prefer, but still deep enough to be satisfying. I have not heard a drone in any gear or RPM. Quiet enough to hear my music over the SENA, but loud enough to fit the bikes character. I’m VERY pleased with this change.

Good luck! Ride safe..
    Great to hear you found a perfect exhaust for you. We'll be working on the M109 after we finished installing the brake pads and nitto tires on the Wrangler project. I keep hearing good compliments about Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius and will definitely consider it for the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    You've got it about right. The Scorpion Tips are obnoxiously loud and also not deep but mid range twacky sounding.
    I am running the scorpion tips and yes they can be twacky sounding unless under load then they sound awesome but they are quite loud. I still love the sound although. I was looking into Cobra swepts, I think they look the best and still sound quite good.
    Chicks Dig Guys with Big Pistons

I was going to throw my vote in on this but I have recently been reminded that I don't understand moderation. Apparently it's all or nothing! The VPR shorty is not for you, not that it was ever mentioned but in my opinion it's a moderately loud exhaust.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

The VPR SHORTY exhaust is only moderately loud in the early stages of having been installed on the 9. After about 1,000 to 1,500 miles with the exhaust installed it becomes considerably louder and deeper in tone, without becoming obnoxiously loud. After it has been broken in, it produces an amazing sound/note, at idle, acceleration, and deceleration. I have one on my 08’ model 9, and I’m in the process of installing a new one on my 14’ model 9.

On my 09’ it has the VPR but I’m told it was originally a full length but cut down.... this was before the shorty’s were available.... and the volume is way better then the turna dumps on my 18’ lol