M109 Rider Forums banner

c90 engine in a m90

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  gavs90 
#1 · (Edited)
so guys i just finished swapping my 78000klm 2009 m90 engine for a 2015 c90 boss engine with 8000klms the only issue i had was with the throttle bodys the 2015 doesnt have pipes running to a sensor on the throttle grip side like the m90. so i couldnt fit the 2015 body but I put the coils and fuel pump from the 2015 on too. I had to take a cover off that sits over the filter to fit but the filters are half the price. im very happy I swapped motors as the 2015 is quieter and less vibration than the old motor will post some pics of the bike finished soon. the reason I changed motors was because of the klms but also the bike ran very lean one weekend and I had to ride it home. im fairly sure the powercommander5 **** it self had been on there for 8 years

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
decided to put the bike back stock as i dont have a fuel management at this time and tell the truth other than loudness from the pipe i cant tell the difference in power

Attachments

#3 ·
so I was still having a slight miss and the bike bogging down at very little throttle turn I knew it wasn't the fuel filter, motor, coils, throttle bodies as I just changed all them and the old motor was doing the same thing. so I tried disconnecting the glpro gear indicator and its looking as though this was the problem the bike is running great at this time like a whole new bike. the gear shifting is even better still has the clunk but that's normal and so much torque. I may put the pcv back on to see if its working still so I can have my tacho back and because I had just brought a new lcd screen for the pcv that cost me $500 aus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.