Shop/Mechanic recommendations

Thread: Shop/Mechanic recommendations

Default Shop/Mechanic recommendations

Like the title says can anyone recommend a place? Looking to install new pipes and a rear tire.
    Live north east of the GTA so anywhere in Durham, Markham or Richmond hill would be cool.
    Was thinking of getting the tire from GT Bikes and having it installed there but I want to do the exhaust too and I don't know if they would install something I didn't purchase from there.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I was going to suggest GP Bikes as well for all the work.
    I can't see why they wouldn't install the exhaust if you provide a complete brand new product.
    Best to call and ask them for both in one shot.

There's a couple spots in Vaughan, but that's a little far from your requested area.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

Can you get the wheel off at home ? I always take my wheel to ATV corral in stoufille with the new tire and they charge 25 bux to install it,just tell em you know Bob..order your tire from Peteís superbike,always fresh rubber and at your door next day,maybe two..best prices

do the exhaust yourself its easy

or go see Bob..lol. Heís close to you in Markham,heís retired now,but I think his wife has him working more than ever...
    Stav

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Btw...what kind of pipes are they? How are you addressing the absence of the exhaust servo motor? Servo eliminator, or remount servo to bike, or something else?
    Are you changing the exhaust gaskets?
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I always take my wheel to ATV corral in stoufille with the new tire and they charge 25 bux to install it
    I drive by there every now and then....last time I drove by it looked like they closed up shop. Are they still in business?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasnuke View Post
    Btw...what kind of pipes are they? How are you addressing the absence of the exhaust servo motor? Servo eliminator, or remount servo to bike, or something else?
    Are you changing the exhaust gaskets?
    I'm getting the Freedom Radius.

I get mixed feedback on whether a servo is needed or not. The bike is stock and the only mod is the exhaust. That's why I figured I would take it to a shop and hear what they have to say.

I know the install should not be a problem but I hear its time consuming and I want to get it done before May 4th....the way my April is looking I wont have time to even do an oil change myself...

Quote Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
    I drive by there every now and then....last time I drove by it looked like they closed up shop. Are they still in business?

They moved couple years ago,up off bloomington,east of 48..just east of that road that has all the quarries.nice big showroom and service department..can get zuki parts there also..carry oil filters and some basics
    Stav

that's even closer to my house....didn't know. I'll pass by this week then. thanks for letting me know

Do you know Bob ? Canít remember if he was ever with us on the few rides we had in the past..but if you donít have time or the proper tools you should check with him..heís pretty accommodating to 9 riders.. and heís out your way also 16/Markham road...

i can always check and see if he has time,and can meet you there if youíd like..could leave it there,or if we time it right,he could pull the wheel,we could run it up to the corral and have it swapped,while he installs your exhaust..

let me know,Iíll be dropping over to see him in the next week more than likely
    Stav

Yeah... we all went on a couple of rides together. I know Bob but I don't want to inconvenience him...you know...with all his house chores and stuff...lol

^^^^^

lol

order your tire,and I’ll get with him this week and make sure he’s not up to his apron in housework..
    you have your exhaust in hand ?
    Stav

just ordered it today...no tire either....debating if I should move up to a 260 or not

What tire did you have on last,stock dunnies?
    Stav

I'm getting the Freedom Radius.

I get mixed feedback on whether a servo is needed or not. The bike is stock and the only mod is the exhaust. That's why I figured I would take it to a shop and hear what they have to say.

I know the install should not be a problem but I hear its time consuming and I want to get it done before May 4th....the way my April is looking I wont have time to even do an oil change myself...
    I think I phrased the question wrong...as you're going to remove the OEM exhaust, what is the plan for the exhaust servo that's affixed to it?
    Some aftermarket exhausts will provide a cam for the servo motor, which you install on it, and then just tuck the unit up in the bike behind the covers.
    That way it stays connected and doesn't throw an FI light.
    The other option is a servo eliminator, like the one made by HealTech.
    On my bike when a previous owner swapped the OEM exhaust to the Cobra Drags Long, they went with a third option...they tossed the servo and just cut the Pin 7 wire on the ECM to stop the FI light from coming.
    No sure I'm on board with option 3 since i was putting back the OEM exhaust and had to repair the wire...which was starting to corrode on both cut ends as it was just left bare.

Stavros, yes the bike is completely stock other than the lowering kit I did 2 years ago.

Sasnuke I'm leaning towards the servo eliminator to be honest

I was looking at this
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Servo-Buddy-...-/251259154872

Default No brainer

260 all the way !!

the way you carve up the twisties,you need a Metz me880 or a Avon ,latter being a little more durable..not familiar which Avon comes in the proper sizes..

250 dunny E3/E4 is a little wider,looks good,but not quite as round,little flatter bottom..but lasts longer then all the above..

im partial to the Metz,but thatís all Iíve run since the stockers..
    Stav

Stavros, yes the bike is completely stock other than the lowering kit I did 2 years ago.

Sasnuke I'm leaning towards the servo eliminator to be honest

I was looking at this
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Servo-Buddy-...-/251259154872
    Here's another option: http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.uk...tor-pd-185.php
    Save about $20 and shipping is pretty quick...i think it was 1 or 2 weeks when I ordered my X-TRE from them.
    No import or custom charges either...what you pay is what you pay.

hey Stav....what size tires do you have? From what I remember your bike looks awesome... I'm also debating going bigger and biting the bullet on a 10" rim

hey Stav....what size tires do you have? From what I remember your bike looks awesome... I'm also debating going bigger and biting the bullet on a 10" rim

280 on the 10” out back...160,up front on the 3.5...fu**ed up there,didn’t know I’d like it before I ordered my wheels,but it works fine,just a little pinched in...bit of a bitch to mount,but the boys at the corral got it down pat...I hear about it every time 4.25 is the way to go up front.. if going wider

the 280 on 10 just fits with the stock swingarm..tight like a virgin
    Stav

Sasnuke found a nice loophole ordering from the UK.
    Stav

I like virgins....you're making me think now...

You dirty dog,you canít resist..
    Stav

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I just mounted the new Metzeler ME888 260 and it's supposed to be better wear than the 880. I ran the 260 880 last 2 years, new one each year. It is very round and feels great cornering. Actually ounce mounted measures around 250

I was gonna go with the new Avon Cobra Chrome 260 but Pete's said they weren't available until May and I'm ready to ride now so got the Metz from Fortnine as Pete's didn't have any
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 03-28-2019 at 12:13 AM.