M109 Rider Forums banner

Shop/Mechanic recommendations

3K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  FlyingCircus 
#1 ·
Like the title says can anyone recommend a place? Looking to install new pipes and a rear tire.
Live north east of the GTA so anywhere in Durham, Markham or Richmond hill would be cool.
Was thinking of getting the tire from GT Bikes and having it installed there but I want to do the exhaust too and I don't know if they would install something I didn't purchase from there.

Thanks

#2 ·
I was going to suggest GP Bikes as well for all the work.
I can't see why they wouldn't install the exhaust if you provide a complete brand new product.
Best to call and ask them for both in one shot.

There's a couple spots in Vaughan, but that's a little far from your requested area.

#3 ·
Can you get the wheel off at home ? I always take my wheel to ATV corral in stoufille with the new tire and they charge 25 bux to install it,just tell em you know Bob..order your tire from Pete’s superbike,always fresh rubber and at your door next day,maybe two..best prices

do the exhaust yourself its easy

or go see Bob..lol. He’s close to you in Markham,he’s retired now,but I think his wife has him working more than ever...:D

#4 ·
Btw...what kind of pipes are they? How are you addressing the absence of the exhaust servo motor? Servo eliminator, or remount servo to bike, or something else?
Are you changing the exhaust gaskets?

#6 ·
I'm getting the Freedom Radius.

I get mixed feedback on whether a servo is needed or not. The bike is stock and the only mod is the exhaust. That's why I figured I would take it to a shop and hear what they have to say.

I know the install should not be a problem but I hear its time consuming and I want to get it done before May 4th....the way my April is looking I wont have time to even do an oil change myself...:'(

#9 ·
Do you know Bob ? Can’t remember if he was ever with us on the few rides we had in the past..but if you don’t have time or the proper tools you should check with him..he’s pretty accommodating to 9 riders.. and he’s out your way also 16/Markham road...

i can always check and see if he has time,and can meet you there if you’d like..could leave it there,or if we time it right,he could pull the wheel,we could run it up to the corral and have it swapped,while he installs your exhaust..

let me know,I’ll be dropping over to see him in the next week more than likely

#17 ·
#16 ·
No brainer

260 all the way !!

the way you carve up the twisties,you need a Metz me880 or a Avon ,latter being a little more durable..not familiar which Avon comes in the proper sizes..

250 dunny E3/E4 is a little wider,looks good,but not quite as round,little flatter bottom..but lasts longer then all the above..

im partial to the Metz,but that's all I've run since the stockers..

#19 ·
280 on the 10" out back...160,up front on the 3.5...fu**ed up there,didn't know I'd like it before I ordered my wheels,but it works fine,just a little pinched in...bit of a bitch to mount,but the boys at the corral got it down pat...I hear about it every time ;) 4.25 is the way to go up front.. if going wider

the 280 on 10 just fits with the stock swingarm..tight like a virgin

#23 · (Edited)
I just mounted the new Metzeler ME888 260 and it's supposed to be better wear than the 880. I ran the 260 880 last 2 years, new one each year. It is very round and feels great cornering. Actually ounce mounted measures around 250

I was gonna go with the new Avon Cobra Chrome 260 but Pete's said they weren't available until May and I'm ready to ride now so got the Metz from Fortnine as Pete's didn't have any

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.