Revo headlight - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 60 of 60

Thread: Revo headlight

  1. #31
    Very Active Member Hogan109r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Myrtle beach sc and cornelius nc
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Look what just showed up on my front porch this morning!!!

    -Josh
    You sold me on this light Josh ,order placed!
    Looks like it is worth every dollar.
    I bet you wish you had it 95000 miles ago!!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

  3. #32
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Can you run the headlight with just the halo on and not the highbeam and lowbeam ?
    You'd have to mess with the wiring to do that. Maybe run the halo on the low beam input, low beam on the high beam input and maybe high beam on a toggle switch.

    -Josh
    Last edited by gottattooz; 04-24-2019 at 03:27 AM.

  4. #33
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    You'd have to mess with the wiring to do that. Maybe run the halo on the low beam input, low beam on the high beam input and maybe high beam on a toggle switch.

    -Josh
    Josh, would it be possible to wire the high beam to the yellow flash to pass button, instead of installing a toggle switch?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

  6. #34
    Very Active Member Chrispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Delhi, Ontario
    Posts
    222

    Default Revo headlight

    If I were to mess with the wiring on that light, I think I壇 rather have the low beam on a switch so I壇 only need to turn it on at night and the rest would operate as factory but during the day would allow the halo to be the DRL

  7. #35
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    And Here's the difference In the low and high beam patterns. The first two are low and high with an led bulb in the stock housing.
    -Josh
    My neck was hurting from turning sideways so I had to fix it.
    Did I get it right?

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	RevovsStockLED.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	383426
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	RevovsStockLEDbig.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	383428


  8. #36
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Josh, would it be possible to wire the high beam to the yellow flash to pass button, instead of installing a toggle switch?
    The flash to pass is just a momentary switch for whatever is already wired to the high beam. You could cut the connection and make it separate. My flash tio pass button is wired to my stebel horn, so it is possible.

    If that's something you're interested in doing, I can save you a lot of time and trouble. If you undo the wire loom a few inches away from the left switch housing, you'll see where the flash to pass wire is soldered into the high beam wire. Cut the connection there and run a new wire into the headlight housing connected to the high beam. I tore the left switch housing apart looking for it only to find it was outside instead.

    -Josh

  9. #37
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    E
    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    The flash to pass is just a momentary switch for whatever is already wired to the high beam. You could cut the connection and make it separate. My flash tio pass button is wired to my stebel horn, so it is possible.

    If that's something you're interested in doing, I can save you a lot of time and trouble. If you undo the wire loom a few inches away from the left switch housing, you'll see where the flash to pass wire is soldered into the high beam wire. Cut the connection there and run a new wire into the headlight housing connected to the high beam. I tore the left switch housing apart looking for it only to find it was outside instead.

    -Josh
    Thank you Josh. I am quite interested in doing that type of setup/mods with a Hog Lights or Revo Headlight. However, it will be part of the mods for my next and upcoming M109R project, which is going to be a while, since I recently spent a ton of money moving from Kentucky to Texas. I love the idea of having the Halo on the low beam wiring, the Low Beam on the high beam wiring, and the High Beam on the Flash To Pass Button. I知 planning to have a garage door opener wired to a Momentary Switch on that bike as well.

  10. #38
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    E

    Thank you Josh. I am quite interested in doing that type of setup/mods with a Hog Lights or Revo Headlight. However, it will be part of the mods for my next and upcoming M109R project, which is going to be a while, since I recently spent a ton of money moving from Kentucky to Texas. I love the idea of having the Halo on the low beam wiring, the Low Beam on the high beam wiring, and the High Beam on the Flash To Pass Button. I知 planning to have a garage door opener wired to a Momentary Switch on that bike as well.
    I can't stop thinking about the halo as a daytime running light mod. I might have to steal that idea. Thanks, Judah!

    -Josh

  11. #39
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Just saw this on Facebook. New Revo Knight Rider Headlight. Wonder if it would be as good for lighting as the current one

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkRACD9R_zE

  12. #40
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Just saw this on Facebook. New Revo Knight Rider Headlight. Wonder if it would be as good for lighting as the current one

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkRACD9R_zE
    Wild.
    That dude has a serious obsession with Knight Rider, eh?


  13. #41
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Just saw this on Facebook. New Revo Knight Rider Headlight. Wonder if it would be as good for lighting as the current one

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkRACD9R_zE
    Too much bling for me. I like the knight rider tail light kit, but the headlight looks like it belongs on a show bike. I barely wash my bike, so it seems like an over indulgence for my bike. It's a cool piece, but I'm happy with the headlight I have.

    -Josh

  14. #42
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Wild.
    That dude has a serious obsession with Knight Rider, eh?

    Even the theme song LOL

    Maybe just a David Hasslehoff fan

  15. #43
    Very Active Member W8INLINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I think the knight rider headlight might be a bit overkill, however I am debating between the one you got or the devil's eye by revo. Hmmmm....decisions decisions
    <img src=https://www.m109riders.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic65778_1.gif border=0 alt= />

  16. #44
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    I totally stole your idea, Judah! One spot mirror bracket, one rocker switch, a shielded two-wire loom from a heated side mirror. Cut the yellow low beam wire and route the individual wires to rocker switch and there's the daytime running halo light!

    I bought a pair of black push buttons from lizard LEDs on eBay, but the terminals were tiny, so I couldn't use them. I was afraid they wouldn't hold up to the load of the headlight, and I didn't have terminals that small.

    I found the green rocker switch laying around in the garage, so I went ahead and used it.

    The halo is so bright, I had to take pictures through a welding mask. Otherwise, the headlight was just a big blur.

    -Josh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190430_033013.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	383488 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190430_032124.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	383480 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190430_032132.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	383482 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190430_032941.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	383484 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190430_032959.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	383486


  17. #45
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    And here's the daytime picture. I love it!

    -Josh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190430_125246_HDR.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	383492

  18. #46
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    And here's the daytime picture. I love it!

    -Josh
    Thanks for posting that pic Josh. I really like that look as well. I知 definitely going to get one of those headlights for my next 9, which will be the only one I値l have with the Stock Headlight Nacelle installed. In addition, I知 going to have it rewired so that the Halo is on the Low Beam wiring, the Low Beam is on the High Beam Wiring, and the High Beam is on a Momentary Button/Switch.

  19. #47
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    I totally stole your idea, Judah! One spot mirror bracket, one rocker switch, a shielded two-wire loom from a heated side mirror. Cut the yellow low beam wire and route the individual wires to rocker switch and there's the daytime running halo light!

    I bought a pair of black push buttons from lizard LEDs on eBay, but the terminals were tiny, so I couldn't use them. I was afraid they wouldn't hold up to the load of the headlight, and I didn't have terminals that small.

    I found the green rocker switch laying around in the garage, so I went ahead and used it.

    The halo is so bright, I had to take pictures through a welding mask. Otherwise, the headlight was just a big blur.

    -Josh

    So the 3 lights in the middle are low beam, then the outer 2 are high beam? And the Halo comes on all the time?

  20. #48
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    So the 3 lights in the middle are low beam, then the outer 2 are high beam? And the Halo comes on all the time?
    Correct. The halo is wired into the parking/running lights. The halo is a separate wire, so you can put it on a toggle switch or whatever you feel like.

    -Josh

  21. #49
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Correct. The halo is wired into the parking/running lights. The halo is a separate wire, so you can put it on a toggle switch or whatever you feel like.

    -Josh

    Well then I now hate you LOL

    Now you just cost me a lot of money. I gotta have one

  22. #50
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    I totally stole your idea, Judah! One spot mirror bracket, one rocker switch, a shielded two-wire loom from a heated side mirror. Cut the yellow low beam wire and route the individual wires to rocker switch and there's the daytime running halo light!

    I bought a pair of black push buttons from lizard LEDs on eBay, but the terminals were tiny, so I couldn't use them. I was afraid they wouldn't hold up to the load of the headlight, and I didn't have terminals that small.

    I found the green rocker switch laying around in the garage, so I went ahead and used it.

    The halo is so bright, I had to take pictures through a welding mask. Otherwise, the headlight was just a big blur.

    -Josh
    Heck Josh, I知 actually flattered that you liked the idea enough to use it on your headlight. When I finally get one of those headlights, would you be willing to rework the wiring for me, or would you need the entire bike?

  23. #51
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Well then I now hate you LOL

    Now you just cost me a lot of money. I gotta have one
    You're welcome. I'm just putting it out there as to what my experience is with the light. I'm not trying to sell anything. Just passing on information to fellow forum members.

    -Josh

  24. #52
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Correct. The halo is wired into the parking/running lights. The halo is a separate wire, so you can put it on a toggle switch or whatever you feel like.

    -Josh

    How do you adjust it? Same as stock with the allen key in the back of bucket?

  25. #53
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    I appreciate it as I don't ride much at night because of the deer, moose etc that are killers on our roads. It's mainly because of lack of good lighting. Yours looks way better than mine with a Cyclops LED which is still way better than stock but nothing like yours

    Reason I ask is with new 21" front wheel I had to adjust mine as low as was possible as people were flashing their lights at me
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 04-30-2019 at 10:52 PM.

  26. #54
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    How do you adjust it? Same as stock with the allen key in the back of bucket?
    There is no adjustment. I shimmed the the bottom alignment pin with washers to get the desired height, which is a pain in the ass to disassemble and reassemble the headlight bucket to do. I've had mine on and off 4 times.

    -Josh

  27. #55
    Very Active Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    503

    Default Hey Josh...

    Any chance you could let me know the width of the washers you used to get the headlight aimed correctly so I could just do the install once? I would greatly appreciate your advice and help

  28. #56
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Any chance you could let me know the width of the washers you used to get the headlight aimed correctly so I could just do the install once? I would greatly appreciate your advice and help
    Mine stack up to about 1/4 inch. I was adding and taking away washers that are about 1/16 inch thick.

    -Josh

  29. #57
    Very Active Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    503

    Default

    great...thank you...and where on the back of the headlight are you staking them? A pic or diagram would be helpful

  30. #58
    Very Active Member gottattooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hampton, Ga
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    great...thank you...and where on the back of the headlight are you staking them? A pic or diagram would be helpful
    I not taking mine back apart for a picture. There's three alignment pegs. I stacked mine on the bottom peg to adjust the light up. There are rubber grommets that go in the headlight bracket. I stack the washers on the peg on the headlight, then insert the headlight onto the bracket.

    -Josh

  31. #59

    Default

    I just received the revo knightrider headlight apparently I'm the only one who has is until later this summer and sadly I don't have the bike yet to show it off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20190504_104804_045_1557241419841.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	383644

  32. #60
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkedghostrider View Post
    I just received the revo knightrider headlight apparently I'm the only one who has is until later this summer and sadly I don't have the bike yet to show it off.
    Lol... excited are we?
    I did the same thing when I bought my car - I had mod parts in my garage before I even picked up the car.
    I *totally* get it.

    Great pick on the headlight in advance - hopefully it is as stunning as you hope.
    Be seen!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts