Where in Canada are you riding?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Where in Canada are you riding?

  1. #1
    Active Member Boulevard1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    40

    Default Where in Canada are you riding?

    Looking to see who rides a 9 in Canada. I am from Alberta and usually tear up most of it. With the new riding season almost underway hoping to see a few more nines in my rides.
    Chicks Dig Guys with Big Pistons


  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Ride in Ontario,always head north of the GTA,can’t handle the zoo..trying to round up some nines for a spring ride on the 4th of May..you’re more than welcome to join us

    still quite a few 9’s in Ontario,but many have moved on to other touring bikes..I’ve covered most of Ontario,parts of Quebec,New Brunswick,PEI and Nova Scotia and down the eastern coastline to the Florida Keys..then up the gut through Georgia,the Carolinas,Kentucky Virginia,NY State..havnt been west of Ontario yet,but hope to cover that ride to west coast at some point,and down the West coast..have ridden the Cali coast,that was cool,but was on a rental..doing James Bay and Labrador if all goes according to plan this summer..
    Stav

  4. #3
    Active Member Boulevard1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I would love to get to Ontario, I hear it is beautiful country there. I will see a ride this summer from Denver to San Diego and up to Las Vegas but not on a 9 unfortunately. I will get all over Alberta this year and maybe some of BC.
    Chicks Dig Guys with Big Pistons


  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    929

    Default

    I actually live near Stavros and stomp a similar area, mostly central/northern-ish Ontario and east to Ottawa a number of times.
    I have friends in Halifax I would love to visit and had planned a trip to Okotoks last summer which unfortunately fell through, but is still on my radar.

    With enough "some day" time and money however, I would just plan a trip to leave in May and return in September...


  7. #5
    Very Active Member Chrispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Delhi, Ontario
    Posts
    222

    Default

    ^^ You and Stravos stay North/East of the GTA cause of the traffic where-as I stay south/west of the GTA for the same reasons lol

    Usually I ride towards Lake Erie for some waterfront cruising, there’s some good roads out that way

  8. #6
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    I actually live near Stavros and stomp a similar area, mostly central/northern-ish Ontario and east to Ottawa a number of times.
    I have friends in Halifax I would love to visit and had planned a trip to Okotoks last summer which unfortunately fell through, but is still on my radar.

    With enough "some day" time and money however, I would just plan a trip to leave in May and return in September...
    East coast is a must and only 16 hrs to get to..I did it in October/15 and lucked out with great weather and empty roads

    We need to get a couple rides in,I enjoy the Ottawa/Bancroft area


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stavros; 03-16-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Stav

  9. #7
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    East coast is a must and only 16 hrs to get to..I did it in October/15 and lucked out with great weather and empty roads
    ... We need to get a couple rides in,I enjoy the Ottawa/Bancroft area
    Did it on 4 wheels... now I need to do it on 2!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0171.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	382520


  10. #8
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    I'm in Sask. Will be riding in Alberta/BC and some states this summer. Did it last summer and did drags in Edmonton one night

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Calgary here.
    Mostly ride in Kananaskis country close to home. Been all over BC and most of the NW US.
    Planning a trip this June to do the rest of BC and the Island.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  12. #10
    Very Active Member meierjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Rose; Central Alberta
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Usually around central Alberta. Did a trip last summer to Canmore then up to Jasper on HW 93. Great ride. I think most of my riding this year will have to be shorter rides close to home.

  13. #11
    Very Active Member W8INLINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Ontario here also. Lived in the GTA (Toronto area) and the biggest issue living there other than the crazy traffic is the fact that in order to get to any decent roads you need to ride over an hour north, east or west of the city. Yes Ontario is nice as long as you'er away from the big city.

  14. #12
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
    Ontario here also. Lived in the GTA (Toronto area) and the biggest issue living there other than the crazy traffic is the fact that in order to get to any decent roads you need to ride over an hour north, east or west of the city. Yes Ontario is nice as long as you'er away from the big city.
    That's ironic. I am in Barrie, an hour north of Toronto... and I'm constantly complaining about the EXACT same thing! Ha.

    Hey. Sidebar: I've mentioned this before and we both just innocently proved it: Canadians describe distance as *time* (gotta drive an *hour* away...). Americans would use *miles*) "Gotta go 50 miles to find a road..." Funny eh?
    (Did it again...ha)


  15. #13

    Default

    Lowermainland of BC at the moment, in 3 weeks will be the west Kootenays.

  16. #14
    Very Active Member W8INLINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    That's ironic. I am in Barrie, an hour north of Toronto... and I'm constantly complaining about the EXACT same thing! Ha.

    Hey. Sidebar: I've mentioned this before and we both just innocently proved it: Canadians describe distance as *time* (gotta drive an *hour* away...). Americans would use *miles*) "Gotta go 50 miles to find a road..." Funny eh?
    (Did it again...ha)

    Youre lucky....my fun starts on your side of the lake

  17. #15
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd74 View Post
    Lowermainland of BC at the moment, in 3 weeks will be the west Kootenays.

    I rode there last summer and will again this year. Nakusp south is a great ride. I'm gonna do Nakusp to Vernon then down to Kelowna

  18. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I rode there last summer and will again this year. Nakusp south is a great ride. I'm gonna do Nakusp to Vernon then down to Kelowna
    Let me know when, if the timing works maybe I can meet up and ride some of it together

  19. #17
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I rode there last summer and will again this year. Nakusp south is a great ride. I'm gonna do Nakusp to Vernon then down to Kelowna

    I want to do this ride so bad...I missed out last year when a buddy headed out that way..have 3 kids in Van city,trying to figure out how to get a bike out there (economically)..this country is so damn huge..
    Stav

  20. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Breton NS
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Cape Breton for me! I don't get much time to travel with my 9 and only home a couple months of riding season but always find an enjoyable stretch of road on the Island. I grew up on the cabot trail, Im a little biased but I think we got some incredible roads for this beast especially the hair pin turns on the several mountains!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33990800_10156298597210011_5693260462615953408_o.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	382810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12140023_10153646007670011_9090682510571826897_o.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	382812  

  21. #19
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    ^^^^^

    love riding in your area...beautiful part of the country and very friendly people..plan to get back this season,probably on the GS this time..
    Stav

  22. #20
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    I'd love to ride out there but as Stavros said "this country is so big"

    That would be a weeks ride each way for me

  23. #21
    Very Active Member Hogan109r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Myrtle beach sc and cornelius nc
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I'd love to ride out there but as Stavros said "this country is so big"

    That would be a weeks ride each way for me
    I understand now. 3100 km or about 30 hrs crossing the border twice
    It has to be just beautiful where you live.Do you snow ski FC.

  24. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post
    I understand now. 3100 km or about 30 hrs crossing the border twice
    It has to be just beautiful where you live.Do you snow ski FC.

    Snow ski n Saskatchewan, lol.

  25. #23
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd74 View Post
    Snow ski n Saskatchewan, lol.


    Shaggin maybe......
    Stav

  26. #24
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post
    I understand now. 3100 km or about 30 hrs crossing the border twice
    It has to be just beautiful where you live.Do you snow ski FC.
    I live in the plains so basically like Iowa, Nebraska etc etc. We do have awesome lakes and forests about 4 hours north. Mountains are 9 hour drive just west of Calgary (Denver but in Canada). I lived in Calgary for years and skied in the Rockies all the time.

  27. #25
    Very Active Member Landlubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Powell River, B.C.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Powell River on the west coast here. Beautiful place but riding is limited as 20 miles in either direction and you're at the end of the road. Then it's hop on a ferry to continue. The ride from Nakusp to Vernon was mentioned earlier. I would highly recommend this ride to anyone as it's probably one of the best in the province. When I was living in Salmon Arm, it was my favorite. Hoping to move back to this summer.
    "I used to think I was indecisive, now I'm not sure . . . "

  28. #26
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    ^^^^^

    would that be on 6 ?

    If if you were to ride to nakusp from Calgary,would you take the upper route through revelstoke or the lower through Crowsnest pass ?
    Last edited by Stavros; 04-02-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    Stav

  29. #27
    Very Active Member Landlubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Powell River, B.C.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    ^^^^^

    would that be on 6 ?

    If if you were to ride to nakusp from Calgary,would you take the upper route through revelstoke or the lower through Crowsnest pass ?
    Either way is a great ride. If you want to get there quicker, staying on the Trans-Canada and turning south on highway 23 from Revelstoke is a nice ride. At on point you load up for a short ferry ride to cross Arrow Lake. You continue on 23 till Nakusp then you're on 6. I think I've only done Crowsnest once and that was a long time ago by car. The nice part about this route is it take you through the Kootenays which again, have some awesome roads. Lots of twisties. Going this way, I believe you follow highway 3 then hook up to 6 just south of Salmo. From there to Nelson then on to Nakusp. Might not be too soon to start thinking about organizing a ride for all those interested ...
    "I used to think I was indecisive, now I'm not sure . . . "

  30. #28
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landlubber View Post
    Either way is a great ride. If you want to get there quicker, staying on the Trans-Canada and turning south on highway 23 from Revelstoke is a nice ride. At on point you load up for a short ferry ride to cross Arrow Lake. You continue on 23 till Nakusp then you're on 6. I think I've only done Crowsnest once and that was a long time ago by car. The nice part about this route is it take you through the Kootenays which again, have some awesome roads. Lots of twisties. Going this way, I believe you follow highway 3 then hook up to 6 just south of Salmo. From there to Nelson then on to Nakusp. Might not be too soon to start thinking about organizing a ride for all those interested ...

    Thanks for the reply...not worried bout quicker,prefer best...sounds like you can’t go wrong either way,might have to do both..just wish Manitoba & Saskatchewan wasn’t in between..I’d probably trailer or load it in the back of my truck and drive to Calgary and find somewhere to park the truck for a week or two.. would love to ride as much of the province as possible in 7-8 days..tie in a couple day layover in Vancouver to visit my kids...

    like I said in an earlier thread,it’s such a big country
    Stav

  31. #29
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    ^^^^^

    would that be on 6 ?

    If if you were to ride to nakusp from Calgary,would you take the upper route through revelstoke or the lower through Crowsnest pass ?
    You'd want to go through Crowsnest and ride from the south to get to Nakusp. You end up on some great mountain rides with switchbacks up high

    I did from Castlegar up the 3A then the 6 to Nakusp.

    Before that I came up from Montana, stayed over night in Fernie then to Trail the next day and road from Trail to Nakusp then to Revelstoke on to Golden overnight.

    If you want the wildest roads, go through Montana and do the Beartooth Pass which takes you through Yellowstone then Going to the Sun and then up into BC west of the Crowsnest pass which you'd be heading north from Kalispell Montana.
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 04-02-2019 at 08:19 PM.

  32. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Thanks for the reply...not worried bout quicker,prefer best...sounds like you can’t go wrong either way,might have to do both..just wish Manitoba & Saskatchewan wasn’t in between..I’d probably trailer or load it in the back of my truck and drive to Calgary and find somewhere to park the truck for a week or two.. would love to ride as much of the province as possible in 7-8 days..tie in a couple day layover in Vancouver to visit my kids...

    like I said in an earlier thread,it’s such a big country
    I will be living between Nelson and Castlegar, you can leave at truck on my property.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •