M109 Rider Forums banner

Where in Canada are you riding?

5K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Loki 
#1 ·
Looking to see who rides a 9 in Canada. I am from Alberta and usually tear up most of it. With the new riding season almost underway hoping to see a few more nines in my rides.

#2 ·
Ride in Ontario,always head north of the GTA,can’t handle the zoo..trying to round up some nines for a spring ride on the 4th of May..you’re more than welcome to join us

still quite a few 9’s in Ontario,but many have moved on to other touring bikes..I’ve covered most of Ontario,parts of Quebec,New Brunswick,PEI and Nova Scotia and down the eastern coastline to the Florida Keys..then up the gut through Georgia,the Carolinas,Kentucky Virginia,NY State..havnt been west of Ontario yet,but hope to cover that ride to west coast at some point,and down the West coast..have ridden the Cali coast,that was cool,but was on a rental..doing James Bay and Labrador if all goes according to plan this summer..

#3 ·
I would love to get to Ontario, I hear it is beautiful country there. I will see a ride this summer from Denver to San Diego and up to Las Vegas but not on a 9 unfortunately. I will get all over Alberta this year and maybe some of BC.

#4 ·
I actually live near Stavros and stomp a similar area, mostly central/northern-ish Ontario and east to Ottawa a number of times.
I have friends in Halifax I would love to visit and had planned a trip to Okotoks last summer which unfortunately fell through, but is still on my radar.

With enough "some day" time and money however, I would just plan a trip to leave in May and return in September...
:doorag:

#9 ·
Calgary here.
Mostly ride in Kananaskis country close to home. Been all over BC and most of the NW US.
Planning a trip this June to do the rest of BC and the Island.

#11 ·
Ontario here also. Lived in the GTA (Toronto area) and the biggest issue living there other than the crazy traffic is the fact that in order to get to any decent roads you need to ride over an hour north, east or west of the city. Yes Ontario is nice as long as you'er away from the big city.

#12 ·
That's ironic. I am in Barrie, an hour north of Toronto... and I'm constantly complaining about the EXACT same thing! Ha.

Hey. Sidebar: I've mentioned this before and we both just innocently proved it: Canadians describe distance as *time* (gotta drive an *hour* away...). Americans would use *miles*) "Gotta go 50 miles to find a road..." Funny eh?
(Did it again...ha)

#18 ·
Cape Breton for me! I don't get much time to travel with my 9 and only home a couple months of riding season but always find an enjoyable stretch of road on the Island. I grew up on the cabot trail, Im a little biased but I think we got some incredible roads for this beast especially the hair pin turns on the several mountains!

Attachments

#25 ·
Powell River on the west coast here. Beautiful place but riding is limited as 20 miles in either direction and you're at the end of the road. Then it's hop on a ferry to continue. The ride from Nakusp to Vernon was mentioned earlier. I would highly recommend this ride to anyone as it's probably one of the best in the province. When I was living in Salmon Arm, it was my favorite. Hoping to move back to this summer.

#27 ·
^^^^^

would that be on 6 ?

If if you were to ride to nakusp from Calgary,would you take the upper route through revelstoke or the lower through Crowsnest pass ?
Either way is a great ride. If you want to get there quicker, staying on the Trans-Canada and turning south on highway 23 from Revelstoke is a nice ride. At on point you load up for a short ferry ride to cross Arrow Lake. You continue on 23 till Nakusp then you're on 6. I think I've only done Crowsnest once and that was a long time ago by car. The nice part about this route is it take you through the Kootenays which again, have some awesome roads. Lots of twisties. Going this way, I believe you follow highway 3 then hook up to 6 just south of Salmo. From there to Nelson then on to Nakusp. Might not be too soon to start thinking about organizing a ride for all those interested ...

#38 ·
I'm in Ontario. Grey Bruce Counties is about the extent of my travels thus far.
Bike has been on the stand for the last few years with the new additions to the family keeping me busy.

View attachment 383246
Young ones can keep you busy and need all the attention you can offer,but some me time is important..

Join us on the 4th of May for a short ride and getogether,clear the mind for the busy summer ahead :doorag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.