4 Sale .....Intake filters

Thread: 4 Sale .....Intake filters

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default 4 Sale .....Intake filters

These are large synthetic filters that are washable and require no oil.

Price is $90 for a set of 2 filters delivered to your door in the lower 48. (International shipping available at an added charge)

The front side of these filters are open with a second inverted filter inside, and these really allow a lot of air to be funneled into your air box.

I am running these on my bike now and can see a noticeable difference in the top end performance.

The bike does not run out of air at the top like it did with my previous K&N filter set up. The open end of these filters allow for a ram air effect, which gives more than enough air flow to your bikes intake system.

These are direct replacements for spike type air filters and fit the 2.5 inch mounting adapters for the spikes. Simply remove the spike and install these filters on the intake adapters.

3 inch inlet size is also available for those who have larger intake adapters such as tornado intakes and would like to give these filters a try.

Filters are available in both Chrome and Black trim on the forward side of the filters but the rear side is chrome on all of them. (See pictures below)

PM me if interested.....many sets in stock and available to ship right away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_8059.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	381104 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_8062.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	381106 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_8074.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	381108 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_8078.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	381110 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_8058.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	381112

Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-23-2019 at 10:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have to get a set they look great in black.I will call or text to see if I can stop over
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo elimator,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4 headlight,M109R swing arm cover,M109r brake cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl, Powder coating all over, Factory Pro Evo shift star

Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    I have to get a set they look great in black.I will call or text to see if I can stop over
    I PMed you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I might need to buy a set. Are there any pre-filters available for these?
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/K&N cones, Debaffled, X-TRE, Powepro Black

Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    I might need to buy a set. Are there any pre-filters available for these?
    Yes there are several makers of pre-filters / rain socks that will fit these filters.

I just got in 2 different styles to see which is better.

I can try to post pictures later tonight or tomorrow of the pre-filters.

BCS

do you seel the socks as well? If not what is the length of the filters? the with you stated
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo elimator,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4 headlight,M109R swing arm cover,M109r brake cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl, Powder coating all over, Factory Pro Evo shift star

do you seel the socks as well? If not what is the length of the filters? the with you stated
    I do sell the rain socks also.

They are $25.00 each if bought at the same time as the filters so they can ship together.... or $27.00 each if they ship alone. (Hard to believe the rain socks cost 2/3 the price of the filters.....but they do)

At the moment I only have Black rain socks in stock but I will also have Red and Blue soon. (If someone wants other than black I can get some coming right away)

Will post picture later tonight. (Today was my Mom's 70th birthday party so no one is around to send me a photo at the moment)

If you would prefer to find your own rain socks, the filter size is 5" Tall, 6" Base, 4.75" Tip.

BCS

So here is a picture of the filters with the rain socks on.

They look a little wrinkled because they just came out of the package, they are folded up from the manufacturer.

BCS

Name:	Rain Sock 1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	381396 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Rain Sock 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	381398

Cool

great blue for me and glad it is a one stop shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    These are large synthetic filters that are washable and require no oil.

Price is $75 for a set of 2 filters delivered to your door in the lower 48. (International shipping available at an added charge)

The front side of these filters are open with a second inverted filter inside, and these really allow a lot of air to be funneled into your air box.

I am running these on my bike now and can see a noticeable difference in the top end performance.

The bike does not run out of air at the top like it did with my previous K&N filter set up. The open end of these filters allow for a ram air effect, which gives more than enough air flow to your bikes intake system.

These are direct replacements for spike type air filters and fit the 2.5 inch mounting adapters for the spikes. Simply remove the spike and install these filters on the intake adapters.

3 inch inlet size is also available for those who have larger intake adapters such as tornado intakes and would like to give these filters a try.

Filters are available in both Chrome and Black trim on the forward side of the filters but the rear side is chrome on all of them. (See pictures below)

PM me if interested.....many sets in stock and available to ship right away.
    Charles, so I have a set of Tornado Intakes on my 07 model that I posted pics of a few days ago. Im strongly considering trying your Intake Filters and the Black Rain Socks. Will the Intake Filters you have fit directly on my Tornado Intake Tubes without any additional adapters or modifications needed? Are you stating that I can simply remove my Tornado Intake Filters and replace them with your setup, and experience an increase in air flow and top end speed?

Please expound Bro,
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Charles, so I have a set of Tornado Intakes on my 07 model that I posted pics of a few days ago. Im strongly considering trying your Intake Filters and the Black Rain Socks. Will the Intake Filters you have fit directly on my Tornado Intake Tubes without any additional adapters or modifications needed? Are you stating that I can simply remove my Tornado Intake Filters and replace them with your setup, and experience an increase in air flow and top end speed?

Please expound Bro,
    Bobby
    Hi Bobby,

I have not physically installed these on the tornado intakes myself.

My observation that the tornado style intakes will need to have a 3 inch opening instead of a 2.5 inch opening like the spike filters came from another member on this page.

I sold him a set of spike tips I had, and he attempted to install these on his tornado intakes.

He got back with me and informed me the tornado intake has a 3 inch opening.....not a 2.5 like the spikes do.

I am assuming these filters with a 3 inch opening would fit the tornado intakes the same as the 2.5 inch opening fit the spikes.

I do have a set of Chrome filters with 3 inch openings in stock, (And I can get the Black) but you may want to take off one of your tornado tips and double check the measurement before ordering the filters.

If you do, please send me a picture of that measurement when (if) you do take them off, I would appreciate it. I do not have a set of tornado's available to measure myself.

BCS

great blue for me and glad it is a one stop shop...
    I sent you a PM John.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Hi Bobby,

I have not physically installed these on the tornado intakes myself.

My observation that the tornado style intakes will need to have a 3 inch opening instead of a 2.5 inch opening like the spike filters came from another member on this page.

I sold him a set of spike tips I had, and he attempted to install these on his tornado intakes.

He got back with me and informed me the tornado intake has a 3 inch opening.....not a 2.5 like the spikes do.

I am assuming these filters with a 3 inch opening would fit the tornado intakes the same as the 2.5 inch opening fit the spikes.

I do have a set of Chrome filters with 3 inch openings in stock, (And I can get the Black) but you may want to take off one of your tornado tips and double check the measurement before ordering the filters.

If you do, please send me a picture of that measurement when (if) you do take them off, I would appreciate it. I do not have a set of tornado's available to measure myself.

BCS
    Okay Charles, Ive taken a few pics for you, and one to confirm the diameter measurement of the opening of the Tornado Intake Tube. Now, I just need you to confirm the diameter measurement of the opening of the Intake Filter youre selling with a pic of that measurement, to insure the two are compatible. By the way, does the Intake Filters you have come in blue? Is the color of the blue Rain Socks more like a cobalt blue? What is the brand of Filter and Rain Socks youre selling. I would like to do a bit of research on them to get a better idea of the quality of those products, before I spend $125.00 on them. Lastly, if they dont fit after for some reason, can I return them to you for a full refund?

Thanks,
    BobbyClick image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4454.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	381410Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4455.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	381412Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4458.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	381414

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay Charles, Ive taken a few pics for you, and one to confirm the diameter measurement of the opening of the Tornado Intake Tube. Now, I just need you to confirm the diameter measurement of the opening of the Intake Filter youre selling with a pic of that measurement, to insure the two are compatible. By the way, does the Intake Filters you have come in blue? Is the color of the blue Rain Socks more like a cobalt blue? What is the brand of Filter and Rain Socks youre selling. I would like to do a bit of research on them to get a better idea of the quality of those products, before I spend $125.00 on them. Lastly, if they dont fit after for some reason, can I return them to you for a full refund?

Thanks,

Hi Bobby,

I am going to send you a PM.

BCS

Okay Charles, I’ve taken a few pics for you, and one to confirm the diameter measurement of the opening of the Tornado Intake Tube. Now, I just need you to confirm the diameter measurement of the opening of the Intake Filter you’re selling with a pic of that measurement, to insure the two are compatible. By the way, does the Intake Filters you have come in blue? Is the color of the blue Rain Socks more like a cobalt blue? What is the brand of Filter and Rain Socks you’re selling. I would like to do a bit of research on them to get a better idea of the quality of those products, before I spend $125.00 on them. Lastly, if they don’t fit after for some reason, can I return them to you for a full refund?

Thanks,

I sent you a PM but just to openly answer some the questions you have asked here for the benefit of others who may read this.

From the pictures you sent it does appear that the filter I have with the 3 inch opening will fit those just fine.

I do not see a lip on your adapters like is on most of the 2.5 inch spikes so you would want to make sure the hose clamp is down very tight so you cannot loose the filter as you are going down the road. (But you want to do that with all of them)

I am not able to get the filters I have with Blue filter material at the moment, the manufacture I am working with only puts these out with Red filter material at this time.

However I did link you to a similar filter for a automobile that is branded by K&N, it is available with a 3 inch opening (But not 2.5) and has Blue filter material. (Although I do think this filter specifies it needs to be oiled)

The Blue rain socks I deal with are a brighter blue than the cobalt color so black may be a better choice if you are particular with the color scheme ......or you may be able to find the color you are looking for with some searching on the internet.

As far as returns go, I do everything possible to keep everyone happy......that said, I would prefer if we answer any questions up front before anyone orders so returns are kept to an absolute minimum.

I am making a very small margin on this stuff and really only offering these filters to complement the ECU tunes I am building around them. It would not be hard to go from making a couple of bucks to loosing big time, if we have to ship this stuff back and forth. Not to mention the products may get scratched or something of that nature.

I am noticing a difference in top end AFR with this filter compared to standard slip on type K&N's with tip blocked off or the aftermarket replacements for the stock filters. The open end allows for a "Ram Air Effect".

So I am just trying to make it convenient for everyone who is interested to get these hassle free, without wasting any money buying parts that do not fit or doing all the leg work I had to do, before finding the correct combination that worked.

If for some reason something is wrong with the product when it arrives to you then sure I would have to take it back and eat the cost. (Minus shipping charges of course)

As of yet I have not had anyone return anything simply because "they did not like it", I am sure I would still take it back for that reason but hopefully most are pretty sure of what they are looking at and what they are getting before placing an order. That way we never have to cross such a bridge.

Hopefully the filters I pointed you toward will work for what you are envisioning.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 12-23-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Are these still available Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by escott0311 View Post
    Are these still available Sir?
    Yep, just PMed you again about the rain socks as well.

BCS

Good sir,

DOnt suppose you sell the intakes as well? Curious on price with the filters mentioned above?

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

I only have the filters, the intakes most guys just buy a cheap set of $99 spikes off amazon, then install these filters in place of the spike end.

BCS

I just recieved my new intakes today. I want to start off by saying that the shipping is super fast, the communication was really good and the filters rock!! They are of high quality and look way better than the cheap spikes that I had on! Plus they allow for better alignment between the two intakes than the spikes do.

Name:	20190727_234140_1564285803577.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	385082 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190727_234133_1564285826050.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	385084 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190727_234119_1564285839527.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	385086 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190727_234149_1564285859666.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	385088

Glad you like them.

I always thought it was odd that on the black filters the manufacturer paints the front cap black but leaves the rear cap chrome. (that's how they come though)

But that combination looks like it was made to fit your 9's color scheme, they look really good on your bike.

Look much better than the spikes IMO and will funnel much more air also.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-28-2019 at 01:06 AM.