2019 southern ONT. Spring meet and ride - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 230

Thread: 2019 southern ONT. Spring meet and ride

  1. #151
    Very Active Member Sasnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Posts
    227

    Default

    I'm good with any nice Saturday...if it has to be pushed out a week for nicer weather, I'm all for it.
    I hate getting bundled up to ride...kinda takes the fun out of it.
    Heated gear is nice...but I'd rather count on the sun to keep me warm.

    I was hoping this weekend to get the first ride in for the season, but no luck...looks like high of 8C both days and I already saw flurries this morning.
    Unfortunately the couple really nice days we had recently I was otherwise committed to other things and couldn't get out.
    At least the bike is as ready as I think it can be...if I service it anymore it's gonna be borderline inappropriate touching and harassment lol!
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

  3. #152
    Very Active Member Leaf Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasnuke View Post
    I'm good with any nice Saturday...if it has to be pushed out a week for nicer weather, I'm all for it.
    I hate getting bundled up to ride...kinda takes the fun out of it.
    Heated gear is nice...but I'd rather count on the sun to keep me warm.

    I was hoping this weekend to get the first ride in for the season, but no luck...looks like high of 8C both days and I already saw flurries this morning.
    Unfortunately the couple really nice days we had recently I was otherwise committed to other things and couldn't get out.
    At least the bike is as ready as I think it can be...if I service it anymore it's gonna be borderline inappropriate touching and harassment lol!

    Hey Sasnuke,

    Where in Richmond Hill are you? I'm just off Yonge St. north of 407? Look forward to meeting you!

    We'll just have to see what the forecast is closer to next Saturday. Bikes coming for the meet from over 2hrs. away. Stav will make the right call.

  4. #153
    Very Active Member W8INLINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    This ride will happen. Worst case the more local guys (King, Markham, Richmond Hill etc.) could meet for a short ride near by...Staying away from anything north. This was my buddy's place just north of Orillia this morning Click image for larger version.

Name:	58382288_334220517447914_8457019029364670464_n.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	383456
    <img src=https://www.m109riders.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic65778_1.gif border=0 alt= />

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

  6. #154
    Very Active Member Sasnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf Fan View Post
    Hey Sasnuke,

    Where in Richmond Hill are you? I'm just off Yonge St. north of 407? Look forward to meeting you!

    We'll just have to see what the forecast is closer to next Saturday. Bikes coming for the meet from over 2hrs. away. Stav will make the right call.
    Hey LF,
    I'm on the other side of Richmond Hill...northwest side of Yonge and Gamble...the housing area behind the Lexus dealership.
    I think there's another member on here really close to me too.
    And Stavros is just a stones throw away as well.
    So far I've met Stavros, punkbobber, and the crazy Greek from Laval (lol!)...everyone has been super awesome!!
    Looking forward to meeting you and anyone/everyone else in the area...and beyond.

    The suns out right now...what a cruel joke...it's like 2C with the wind lol!
    Tomorrow supposed to be crap too, but I may roll around the neighborhood just to shake the cobwebs off...me!
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

  7. #155
    Very Active Member Sasnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
    This ride will happen. Worst case the more local guys (King, Markham, Richmond Hill etc.) could meet for a short ride near by...Staying away from anything north. This was my buddy's place just north of Orillia this morning Click image for larger version.

Name:	58382288_334220517447914_8457019029364670464_n.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	383456
    It's the end of April, so the only logical explanation for all that is cocaine!
    I have some dime bags, just need an address...lol!
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

  8. #156
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Nicer in the Peg today,wish I had the bike here.was hoping for a playoff hockey game,but guess theyre on the links with our Buds..



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stav

  9. #157
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Yeah

    The Jets blew it just like the leafs and flames. Glad you're having a good time in Winterpeg. That's one place I dread when I have to go there. Go there lots for work

  10. #158
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    ^^^^^

    work is a whole different ballgame..only here 3 days,staying at Fort Garry,visiting lots of family for uncle Daves 90th birthday...good times !!

    not sure what happened to all the Canadian teams,shocking really..
    Stav

  11. #159
    Very Active Member Leaf Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    ^^^^^

    work is a whole different ballgame..only here 3 days,staying at Fort Garry,visiting lots of family for uncle Daves 90th birthday...good times !!

    not sure what happened to all the Canadian teams,shocking really..

    Happy you and the family are having a great time! I guess you know the weather back home has not been very good. Hopefully 'spring' will soon catch up the the calendar?...lol

    I'm looking forward to the ride on May 4! As it stands now the forecast doesn't look too bad?

    Have a safe trip home Andy and.....GO LEAFS GO ah...NEXT YEAR!!....LOL

  12. #160
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    ^^^^

    thanks Leaf,fun trip !

    weather looking good for the weekend although dreadlock Brad might be a little cold..

    i think well be fine,other than a little cool start..Sunday looks to be even warmer,but Im hesitant to switch since this date has been up for some time and all know about it..

    if any would prefer the warmer sunday,lets hear from you..

    will make the the final call Wednesday night..
    Stav

  13. #161
    Very Active Member Sasnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    ^^^^

    thanks Leaf,fun trip !

    weather looking good for the weekend although dreadlock Brad might be a little cold..

    i think well be fine,other than a little cool start..Sunday looks to be even warmer,but Im hesitant to switch since this date has been up for some time and all know about it..

    if any would prefer the warmer sunday,lets hear from you..

    will make the the final call Wednesday night..
    I'd be good with Sunday if it's a nicer day. I know most will have to work Monday, so that's the only downside.
    My buddy asked me to cover a class for him on Saturday, and it's smack dab in the middle of the day for an hour...I was going to let him know Wednesday after the ride day is finalized.
    So Sunday would work for me on two fronts.
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

  14. #162
    Very Active Member Chrispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Delhi, Ontario
    Posts
    222

    Default

    I work til noon on Sunday

  15. #163
    Very Active Member Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    216

    Default {insert sad face here}

    Looks like I won't be making it guys. :-(
    Haven't had the chance to get the bike out of storage yet.
    Off to Tennessee for work tomorrow, not back until Friday, then have to fly out to Dallas on Sunday.


    "If you're not doing what you love, then you're wasting your time."

  16. #164
    Active Member Ferny79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I might have to cancel as well work scheduled for Saturday morning. If ride gets rescheduled for following weekend I should be able to go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #165
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    My buddy Doug can't make this weekend, but Barry 1R from Ohio probably up with us this weekend , either on his c109 or on my second bike.




    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  18. #166
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    929

    Default

    So far, the replies (#) look like this:

    Total riders (some are +1..or 4 or 5): 26 (not including guests)
    Confirmed ok for May 4th or May 11th (10C or better): 6
    Total not confirmed: 17

    Consensus seems to be +10C or better as a minimum target, a couple cancellations for May 4th.

    Code:
    109’s
    
    Brad Smith + Baton & Flag    # 4th should be ok, +1 (Barry 1R)
    Chrispy +1        # Ok 10C+ late for Sat's Sunday is out
    Crispy            # Cancelling re: Work sched
    Dommer109
    Doug
    Ferny79           # Cancel Sat 4th Ok Sat 11th
    Fraps
    Leaf fan          # 2hr ride in, be kind
    Mani
    NoSetFine         # 10C+ 4th or 11th OK
    Oicduc & posse
    Oleg
    punkbobber
    Sasnuke           # Any nice Sat
    Seadog
    Stav              # 10C+ or Sat 11th
    Switchback109 & possibly 4-5 bully’s
    Ted109
    VzrDean ++
    W8inline & posse  # "Willing" the weather to cooperate
    
    
    
    X9’rs and friends
    
    Drazzen
    DP.........................Harley
    RicoChet
    Stillfree..................Honda
    ..........................Triumph
    Yosemite Sam +1....Harley
    Dusty.....................Harley 


  19. #167
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I'm good with any day as long it's not a rain day. Ironically I always ride with my rain jacket for cooler temps.

    I have a couple buddies (636 / 600rr and a couple vettes) that might be interested in joining if allowed ...??

    Just finished lowering her...bought a new clear lens tail light so will be posting this one soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190427_142734_1556566513275.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	383464 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190429_153547_1556566576872.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	383466

  20. #168
    Very Active Member Sasnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I'm good with any day as long it's not a rain day. Ironically I always ride with my rain jacket for cooler temps.

    I have a couple buddies (636 / 600rr and a couple vettes) that might be interested in joining if allowed ...??

    Just finished lowering her...bought a new clear lens tail light so will be posting this one soon
    How much did you lower it?
    I ask because I bought mine lowered, but I (nor the previous owner) have no idea how low it is...but I'm guessing it's not a mild drop at all.
    I haven't seen another 9 in person, so I have no benchmark as to what a stock one looks like.

    Stavros took a peek and guestimated 2 inches...so I'm going with that for now.
    I saw on the Yani site they spec'ed the 2 inch lowering bones as having a center to center length of 4.75 inches...so I may see if I can measure them while the bike is together...I think I can do it.


    I think pretty much all are welcome for the ride...Suki...non-Suzki...car...boat...plane...
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

  21. #169
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasnuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I'm good with any day as long it's not a rain day. Ironically I always ride with my rain jacket for cooler temps.

    I have a couple buddies (636 / 600rr and a couple vettes) that might be interested in joining if allowed ...??

    Just finished lowering her...bought a new clear lens tail light so will be posting this one soon
    How much did you lower it?
    I ask because I bought mine lowered, but I (nor the previous owner) have no idea how low it is...but I'm guessing it's not a mild drop at all.
    I haven't seen another 9 in person, so I have no benchmark as to what a stock one looks like.

    Stavros took a peek and guestimated 2 inches...so I'm going with that for now.
    I saw on the Yani site they spec'ed the 2 inch lowering bones as having a center to center length of 4.75 inches...so I may see if I can measure them while the bike is together...I think I can do it.


    I think pretty much all are welcome for the ride...Suki...non-Suzki...car...boat...plane...
    I installed 2inch lowering bones...i added before and after pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190427_110752_1556571818356.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	383472 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20190427_142734_1556571836982.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	383474

  22. #170
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Only restriction is rickshaws,all else good !!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stav

  23. #171
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    That looks like mine which are 2"

  24. #172
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    I'll still be riding Saturday if it's not raining, cold doesn't bother me

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  25. #173
    Very Active Member W8INLINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    173

    Default

    This is what I see in my backyard now...if this sh#&# continues I'm out... hope not though let's hope for sunny double digit weather...have a good feeling for the weekend since this whole week looks like crap.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    <img src=https://www.m109riders.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic65778_1.gif border=0 alt= />

  26. #174
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Forecast turning for the better ,I’d say it’s a go !!







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stavros; 04-29-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Stav

  27. #175
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Certainly not like my last 7 days of 29c and full sun


    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  28. #176
    Very Active Member Sasnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I installed 2inch lowering bones...i added before and after pics
    Thanks Mani! Great help with the pics!
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

  29. #177
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W8INLINE View Post
    This is what I see in my backyard now...if this sh#&# continues I'm out... hope not though let's hope for sunny double digit weather...have a good feeling for the weekend since this whole week looks like crap.
    That looks like Innisfil or Minesing/Snow Valley area... nice enclave regardless.!


  30. #178
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Creemore is currently under a rainfall warning... but! For Saturday both Hockley Valley and Creemore (probably same weather station data...) are currently showing clear cold mornings just below 10C but up to 14C by mid to late afternoon.

    So it might be a chilly ride in, but the day is shaping up to be tolerable.


  31. #179
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Barrie,ON
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Creemore is currently under a rainfall warning... but! For Saturday both Hockley Valley and Creemore (probably same weather station data...) are currently showing clear cold mornings just below 10C but up to 14C by mid to late afternoon.

    So it might be a chilly ride in, but the day is shaping up to be tolerable.
    With some Hope's and dreams the weather looking better around sat,I'm down for sure

    Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

  32. #180
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default Game on !!

    14C partly sunny,winds out of the SE at 11kms,with temps going up into the evening..pretty good if you ask me..

    only change is hockley meetup will be from 11:00-12:00..give extra time for cooler morning start for guys with distance..route is in good shape,other than a little sand in the corners on River road..so beware
    all other roads in great shape..

    we’ll be in Creemore at 2:00-3:00 then head through base Borden and down ,northern guys can split off there and the rest of us will head south through Beaton and down to hiway #9,then split accordingly

    guys from the southeast can hook up with me at Tim’s in King city (Dufferin & King road at 9:30 and we’ll do a run straight to the Hockley General Store
    Last edited by Stavros; 05-03-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    Stav

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts