M109 Rider Forums banner

2019 southern ONT. Spring meet and ride

17K views 229 replies 25 participants last post by  NoSetFine 
#1 ·
Time to start planing a spring meet up and ride..we have a few new guys and a few have moved on..so let’s get this on the radar now while we’re in the dog days of winter..I’m gonna put out a date of May 4th for now and hope we get some decent weather..if spring shows up early,we can move it up a week..I know a few guys with 9’s that don’t frequent the forum and will add them to a list..anyone that pops in here and is interested,post up..as we get closer we’ll pick a central meet location depending on who and where we’re coming from..always best to get out early in the season, soon as the weather breaks while everyone’s eager...

I’ll post a list just for 109 riders ,but all bikes welcome ..I know a few of the original 9’rs are riding other bikes now..

be good to to see some of the old faces along with any new guys..

Rubber Down !!

#151 ·
I'm good with any nice Saturday...if it has to be pushed out a week for nicer weather, I'm all for it.
I hate getting bundled up to ride...kinda takes the fun out of it.
Heated gear is nice...but I'd rather count on the sun to keep me warm.

I was hoping this weekend to get the first ride in for the season, but no luck...looks like high of 8C both days and I already saw flurries this morning.
Unfortunately the couple really nice days we had recently I was otherwise committed to other things and couldn't get out.
At least the bike is as ready as I think it can be...if I service it anymore it's gonna be borderline inappropriate touching and harassment lol!

#152 ·
Hey Sasnuke,

Where in Richmond Hill are you? I'm just off Yonge St. north of 407? Look forward to meeting you!

We'll just have to see what the forecast is closer to next Saturday. Bikes coming for the meet from over 2hrs. away. Stav will make the right call.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

#155 ·
This ride will happen. Worst case the more local guys (King, Markham, Richmond Hill etc.) could meet for a short ride near by...Staying away from anything north. This was my buddy's place just north of Orillia this morning View attachment 383456
It's the end of April, so the only logical explanation for all that is cocaine!
I have some dime bags, just need an address...lol!:joke:

#159 ·
Happy you and the family are having a great time! I guess you know the weather back home has not been very good. Hopefully 'spring' will soon catch up the the calendar?...lol

I'm looking forward to the ride on May 4! As it stands now the forecast doesn't look too bad?

Have a safe trip home Andy and.....GO LEAFS GO ah...NEXT YEAR!!....LOL:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

#160 ·
^^^^

thanks Leaf,fun trip !

weather looking good for the weekend although dreadlock Brad might be a little cold..

i think we’ll be fine,other than a little cool start..Sunday looks to be even warmer,but I’m hesitant to switch since this date has been up for some time and all know about it..

if any would prefer the warmer sunday,let’s hear from you..

will make the the final call Wednesday night..

#161 ·
^^^^

thanks Leaf,fun trip !

weather looking good for the weekend although dreadlock Brad might be a little cold..

i think we'll be fine,other than a little cool start..Sunday looks to be even warmer,but I'm hesitant to switch since this date has been up for some time and all know about it..

if any would prefer the warmer sunday,let's hear from you..

will make the the final call Wednesday night..
I'd be good with Sunday if it's a nicer day. I know most will have to work Monday, so that's the only downside.
My buddy asked me to cover a class for him on Saturday, and it's smack dab in the middle of the day for an hour...I was going to let him know Wednesday after the ride day is finalized.
So Sunday would work for me on two fronts.

#163 ·
{insert sad face here}

Looks like I won't be making it guys. :-(
Haven't had the chance to get the bike out of storage yet.
Off to Tennessee for work tomorrow, not back until Friday, then have to fly out to Dallas on Sunday.

#166 ·
So far, the replies (#) look like this:

Total riders (some are +1..or 4 or 5): 26 (not including guests)
Confirmed ok for May 4th or May 11th (10C or better): 6
Total not confirmed: 17

Consensus seems to be +10C or better as a minimum target, a couple cancellations for May 4th.
:doorag:
Code:
[FONT=courier new]109’s

Brad Smith + Baton & Flag    # 4th should be ok, +1 (Barry 1R)
Chrispy +1        # Ok 10C+ late for Sat's Sunday is out
Crispy            # Cancelling re: Work sched
Dommer109
Doug
Ferny79           # Cancel Sat 4th Ok Sat 11th
Fraps
Leaf fan          # 2hr ride in, be kind
Mani
NoSetFine         # 10C+ 4th or 11th OK
Oicduc & posse
Oleg
punkbobber
Sasnuke           # Any nice Sat
Seadog
Stav              # 10C+ or Sat 11th
Switchback109 & possibly 4-5 bully’s
Ted109
VzrDean ++
W8inline & posse  # "Willing" the weather to cooperate

X9’rs and friends

Drazzen
DP.........................Harley
RicoChet
Stillfree..................Honda
..........................Triumph
Yosemite Sam +1....Harley
Dusty.....................Harley [/FONT]

#167 ·
I'm good with any day as long it's not a rain day. Ironically I always ride with my rain jacket for cooler temps.

I have a couple buddies (636 / 600rr and a couple vettes) that might be interested in joining if allowed ...??

Just finished lowering her...bought a new clear lens tail light so will be posting this one soon

Attachments

#168 ·
How much did you lower it?
I ask because I bought mine lowered, but I (nor the previous owner) have no idea how low it is...but I'm guessing it's not a mild drop at all.
I haven't seen another 9 in person, so I have no benchmark as to what a stock one looks like.

Stavros took a peek and guestimated 2 inches...so I'm going with that for now.
I saw on the Yani site they spec'ed the 2 inch lowering bones as having a center to center length of 4.75 inches...so I may see if I can measure them while the bike is together...I think I can do it.

I think pretty much all are welcome for the ride...Suki...non-Suzki...car...boat...plane...

#178 ·
Creemore is currently under a rainfall warning... but! For Saturday both Hockley Valley and Creemore (probably same weather station data...) are currently showing clear cold mornings just below 10C but up to 14C by mid to late afternoon.

So it might be a chilly ride in, but the day is shaping up to be tolerable.

#180 · (Edited)
Game on !!

14C partly sunny,winds out of the SE at 11kms,with temps going up into the evening..pretty good if you ask me..

only change is hockley meetup will be from 11:00-12:00..give extra time for cooler morning start for guys with distance..route is in good shape,other than a little sand in the corners on River road..so beware
all other roads in great shape..

we'll be in Creemore at 2:00-3:00 then head through base Borden and down ,northern guys can split off there and the rest of us will head south through Beaton and down to hiway #9,then split accordingly

guys from the southeast can hook up with me at Tim's in King city (Dufferin & King road at 9:30 and we'll do a run straight to the Hockley General Store

#181 ·
14C partly sunny,winds out of the SE at 11kms,with temps going up into the evening..pretty good if you ask me..

only change is hockley meetup will be from 11:00-12:00..give extra time for cooler morning start for guy with distance..route is in good shape,other than a little sand in the corners on River road..so beware
all other roads in great shape..

we'll be in Creemore at 2:00-3:00 then head through base Borden and down ,northern guys can split off there and the rest of us will head south through Beaton and down to hiway #9,the splittoff accordingly

guys from the southeast can hook up with me at Tim's in King city (Dufferin & King road at 9:30 and we'll do a run straight to the Hockley General Store
I'll bundle up and join you at the Tim's Stav.

Is there a map of the entire route? Just in case folks need to know where they can peel off and also catch up in case we get seperated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.