M109 Rider Forums banner

2019 southern ONT. Spring meet and ride

17K views 229 replies 25 participants last post by  NoSetFine 
#1 ·
Time to start planing a spring meet up and ride..we have a few new guys and a few have moved on..so let’s get this on the radar now while we’re in the dog days of winter..I’m gonna put out a date of May 4th for now and hope we get some decent weather..if spring shows up early,we can move it up a week..I know a few guys with 9’s that don’t frequent the forum and will add them to a list..anyone that pops in here and is interested,post up..as we get closer we’ll pick a central meet location depending on who and where we’re coming from..always best to get out early in the season, soon as the weather breaks while everyone’s eager...

I’ll post a list just for 109 riders ,but all bikes welcome ..I know a few of the original 9’rs are riding other bikes now..

be good to to see some of the old faces along with any new guys..

Rubber Down !!

#109 ·
Stav,

I'd soooo like to be going for this ride and meeting everyone. But I believe my wife has us leaving for Mexico that day; don't know how I got roped into that. But the flight isn't booked yet so there's still a chance of getting out for the ride.

Anyways I hope the weather is great and everyone has a great time, don't know how you couldn't. But if it is rained delayed for a week, I'd be in.

JC

#110 ·
Alrighty, reset password to respond here as i forgot it.

Yes I'm in, with perhaps a few ++ other friends. Ill be riding out of Brampton(near new hospital) @ 10am ish, then up N Airport rd if anyone wants to meetup.
:bigthumbsup: Thanx Stavros!

#119 ·
Similar to JC, I will be leaving for Jamaica this Saturday, comin back following weekend, So May 4th will be the first weekend I will be around from now.

But the Baton will be in Ontario until last week of June when I take it to MAM. So we can perhaps have another time out with it prior to then.

For those who have never had their bike down to Virginia, North Carolina; the MAM is a blast with awesome people and some of the best riding in North America.
Think about going.

#124 · (Edited)
109's

Brad Smith + Baton & Flag
Chrispy +1
Crispy
Dommer109
Doug
Ferny79
Fraps
Leaf fan
Mani
M109RTOOGO
NoSetFine
Oicduc & posse
Oleg
punkbobber
Sasnuke
Seadog
Stav
Switchback109 & possibly 4-5 bully's
Ted109
VzrDean ++
W8inline & posse

X9'rs and friends

Drazzen
DP.........................Harley
RicoChet
Stillfree..................Honda
..........................Triumph
Yosemite Sam +1....Harley
Dusty.....................Harley

Hockley valley general store 10:30. -11:30 meetup

Long range forecast looks good :eek:

Good to see 9r's finding their way back..looks like we're up to 36 bikes.

24 bully's confirmed,3-4 more on the fence..
Anyone know any other 9's we're missing ?

and a bump for Chrispy's integrated taillight...I'm sure someone local could use this

#133 ·
Hockley Valley General store,2 kms east of airport road,on the Hockley rd at the stop sign..10:30-11:30 meet & greet.

will try and ride as one big group.. there will be a couple lights and or stop signs that will be a challenge to stick together as one large group,so we’ll have 3-4 ride captains spread out,that know the exact route and catch up with the pack at the next safe spot..I’ll get out and scout the ride and make sure there are no surprises and roads are good in the next week or so,and adjust if necessary

second 1 hour stop will be in Creemore in front of the brewery.. anyone tight for time can brake off from here..we will probably run up to Wasaga for a Baton shot from here and maybe back through the base for another..(time and weather permitting)

anyone that cant commit to the whole day,show up to either of the main meeting locations for a meetup and Baton signing and picture..

#136 ·
If its broken in ,I'm sure you could shave 20 minutes off that time :eek:

thats why we'll have a full hour At the first meetup,might even stretch it to 12 to give riders with distance plenty of time..probably 6-10 bikes that have a 2 hour+ ride in..

a warm dry morning would go a long a long way for you.

#140 ·
Nice,that’s the most crucial..most tranny issues were caused during the break in..the older bikes were shifting nightmares during early riding...mine didn’t shift proper till 20K..had to baby my 1-2 shift forever,but went at it 2-5

#143 · (Edited)
109's

Brad Smith + Baton & Flag
Chrispy +1
Crispy
Dommer109
Doug
Ferny79
Fraps
Leaf fan
Mani
NoSetFine
Oicduc & posse
Oleg
punkbobber
Sasnuke
Seadog
Stav
Switchback109 & possibly 4-5 bully's
Ted109
VzrDean ++
W8inline & posse

X9'rs and friends

Drazzen
DP.........................Harley
RicoChet
Stillfree..................Honda
..........................Triumph
Yosemite Sam +1....Harley
Dusty.....................Harley

10:30. -11:30 meetup

Hockley Valley General store,2 kms east of airport road,on the Hockley rd at the stop sign..10:30-11:30 meet & greet.

will try and ride as one big group.. there will be a couple lights and or stop signs that will be a challenge to stick together as one large group,so we'll have 3-4 ride captains spread out,that know the exact route and catch up with the pack at the next safe spot..I'll get out and scout the ride and make sure there are no surprises and roads are good in the next week or so,and adjust if necessary

second 1 hour stop will be in Creemore in front of the brewery.. anyone tight for time can brake off from here..we will probably run up to Wasaga for a Baton shot from here and maybe back through the base for another..(time and weather permitting)

anyone that cant commit to the whole day,show up to either of the main meeting locations for a meetup and Baton signing and picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

#148 ·
Will give it till Wednesday for a more accurate forecast, unless it's 10,with full sun and light winds probably not worth the hassle since many looking at a cold long ride in...following week temps doubling,but we have Mother's Day to deal with but I think it's Sunday,so Saturday the 11th could be OK..let's here some opinions..I'm easy either way,I have 6K and first oil change of season in so far,but been riding from 11 on most days..

#147 · (Edited)
Get one of these. One of the first things I bought after getting my bike. Virgin ride was in March 2017, an hour ride at 3c each way at 120kmh. a t shirt, under a long sleeve cotton shirt, heated jacket and a leather jacket. Heated grips helped and was toasty warm. Vests only heat core, these jackets heat front, back, arms and collar. You can add heated gloves which I got but don't have to plug in due to heated grips, heated underwear and even socks

http://www.gearscanada.com/heated-c...n-x-3-men-s-warm-tek-heated-jacket-liner.html

They are in Mississauga so close to you guys

Actually have bought lots from them. Great to deal with

#149 ·
If the meet gets re-scheduled I’m sure I can still make it whichever weekend it lands on

I work a rotating shift schedule, two weeks days, two weeks nights.... if I’m on days I gotta work a half shift on Saturdays in the mornings (done at 10:15 though) so I could make it but might be a bit late showing up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.