Heading your way!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Heading your way!

  1. #1
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,302

    Question Heading your way!

    Well in just over 3 weeks I will start visiting CALIFORNIA! My first stop will be Palm Springs then off to San Diego. Then the thought is to head up the coast to Washington. I wanted to find out from the locals if there are any must sees or do’s and local places to eat. Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Bro, I was just talking to my wife about this trip on Saturday. This is my dream route to ride! I lived in LA and enjoyed riding the canyons and the PCH. Freaking awesome views! I don't know too many must-see's besides the usual (Hollywood, Venice Beach,etc). From San Diego I would take I-5 and then jump on 1 after San Clemente, cross LA and pick up the 101. You won't regret it.

  4. #3
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS_man View Post
    Bro, I was just talking to my wife about this trip on Saturday. This is my dream route to ride! I lived in LA and enjoyed riding the canyons and the PCH. Freaking awesome views! I don't know too many must-see's besides the usual (Hollywood, Venice Beach,etc). From San Diego I would take I-5 and then jump on 1 after San Clemente, cross LA and pick up the 101. You won't regret it.
    Thanks, first time in Cali, looking forward to it.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I use this when trying to find good riding routes. Take a look... http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=80 I've done
    2, 4, 7, 38, and 79 on a GSXR-1000. It was back-breaking, but worth it. I can't wait to get back there on a cruiser or a touring bike.
    Last edited by BOSS_man; 02-07-2019 at 12:31 AM.

  7. #5
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS_man View Post
    I use this when trying to find good riding routes. Take a look... http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=80 I've done
    2, 4, 7, 38, and 79 on a GSXR-1000. It was back-breaking, but worth it. I can't wait to get back there on a cruiser or a touring bike.
    I might rent a bike one day. But I do not travel with a 9 as I sold everything we own and live on the road full time.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  8. #6
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,251

    Default

    Hit up the Coyote Cafe,busy place great food...old town SAN Diego
    Make some time for Monterey..the fisherman’s warf great place to spend a day and evening ,all restaurants were good..aquarium was cool too..some great hiking trails also..there’s a 18 mile paved one there with great views of shoreline and hills,can’t think of the name offhand..do 17 mile drive here also,in truck or better on bicycles if you have them..catch a sunset and ****tails at the Spanish bay inn..Beautiful area


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stav

  9. #7
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,251

    Default

    A couple/three days in San Fran is fun too..three ringed circus just people watching and hangin all around the waterfront..trolley tours of the town are cheap and fun and definitely worthwhile,you get to see all the sights in an open trolley (get a upper seat ) with commentary..Alcatraz tour is cool also..food was good all over town and down on the waterfront .. from there the whole coastline north is spectacular right up to Canada 🇨🇦..***** the whole Cali coast is spectacular,just busy from San Diego to San Fran..i only had 3 days on a motorcycle and 5 in a car..was on of my favourite trips,especially the bike part..gonna go back again before I’m to old to ride...big ass state,you just might stay for 6 months
    Stav

  10. #8
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Give a shout when you are headed to Washington, if the ship is in port and I happen to be around I will take you and your wife out to dinner and give you a tour around a smelly old fish processing ship.


    BCS

  11. #9
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Give a shout when you are headed to Washington, if the ship is in port and I happen to be around I will take you and your wife out to dinner and give you a tour around a smelly old fish processing ship.


    BCS
    SWEET! We love doing factory tours. Never been to a fish processing factory.
    I have seen them on Deadliest catch once or twice.

    When I get close to Washington, I will post a thread in the Washington chapter and drop you a PM. Your profile says you are in Florida?
    Thanks
    Last edited by rynosback; 02-07-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •